Peter Katsis replies to Joshua Surtees' article with a job offer - Morrissey Official FB

138D9524-2FD1-4104-BEEA-D765E9BCDF91.jpeg
"THE GUARDIAN - THE VENDETTA, ETC….

A well written piece by Joshua Surtees in The Guardian for a change today.

Unlike the bullshit consistently put out there by hacks the likes of Tim Jonze, using his buddy Billy Braggart, etc.

Joshua's piece was heartfelt and articulate.

His talents would actually better serve the world by using it for a more important goal than critique of a music artist.

We could really use writing of this caliber over here in the States writing against Trump, etc.

However, there is only one little problem with Joshua’s story……

MORRISSEY IS NOT A RACIST!

You can say what you like about his provocative views.

But I’ve been with him as manager for over two years now.

When you travel together around the world, meeting all kinds of people, something like that would not go unnoticed.

So….

Who’s right? Who is wrong?

Why don’t we find out together!!!

Joshua Surtees - If you read this…...I’m offering you a job!

We invite you to come out for the first week of our U.S. Tour in September.

All expenses paid.

Cover the tour for us, and come see for yourself.

Since M was such an important influence in your early life it should be worthwhile.

One thing…….you’d have to find a better paper than The Guardian to sell it to.

Since they have the absolute lowest circulation of all the major dailies in the UK.

And since the paper and their music editor have now become so well known for their personal vendettas against artists, etc.

What do you say? - PK"

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Question, Skinny, and it's not meant as a slight at all because I find myself in general agreement with you on here. When did you stop being a Morrissey fan, and why do you still frequent this forum?

He was, literally, the world's biggest Steve fan. He had the posters, the t-shirts, the hair, every song ever recorded solo or Smith. He recorded cover versions on YouTube, he even went on a national TV quiz show to show off his expertise on the man. Everyone that knew him - friends, colleagues, family, knew him as the ultimate Morrissey fan. That was fine with him of course initially. Morrissey stood for lots of wonderful things. Poetry, sensitivity, humour, insight, tolerance, and he was massively against royalty, the meat industry, the powerful and right-wing politics.
When Morrissey started to show the unpleasant sides of his nature, culminating in his vocal and visual support for a far-right political party, Phil Skinny was 100% guilty by association, such was the size of his unquestioning fandom. So, he now has to dedicate every spare minute of his life to telling anyone who will listen (sadly, just the 27 or so people who still regularly visit this site) how much he hates the man. It's a truly wretched existence.

All a bit desperate really. The Guardian and the Skinnys of this world really aren't important enough to justify such a response. The Guardian is toilet paper. And as for Skinny...

Will The Guardian be writing any articles about Billy Bragg ? Along the lines of "I was his biggest fan but now he's the Pol Pot of pop I can't play 'The Saturday boy' any longer"

Can you smell the desperation? This is just lunacy.

The premise being that if the journalist were to go on tour he wouldn't find any racism from Morrissey. Of course Morrissey et al would be their natural selves the whole time a journalist is with them looking for any signs of racism.

PK manager? PK arsehole, more like.

Let's hope Moz doesn't slip up and make this guy sit on the back of the tour bus and shine Moz's shoes while singing Moon River..

He was, literally, the world's biggest Steve fan. He had the posters, the t-shirts, the hair, every song ever recorded solo or Smith. He recorded cover versions on YouTube, he even went on a national TV quiz show to show off his expertise on the man. Everyone that knew him - friends, colleagues, family, knew him as the ultimate Morrissey fan. That was fine with him of course initially. Morrissey stood for lots of wonderful things. Poetry, sensitivity, humour, insight, tolerance, and he was massively against royalty, the meat industry, the powerful and right-wing politics.
When Morrissey started to show the unpleasant sides of his nature, culminating in his vocal and visual support for a far-right political party, Phil Skinny was 100% guilty by association, such was the size of his unquestioning fandom. So, he now has to dedicate every spare minute of his life to telling anyone who will listen (sadly, just the 27 or so people who still regularly visit this site) how much he hates the man. It's a truly wretched existence.

Poor Skinny, in a certain way I understand his situation because me too, I'm linked to a (different) disgusting situation (that I can't tell here). The saddest thing is that Morrissey is also not guilty of the crimes that others say he committed, like racism. Sometimes people are victim of political forces that are bigger than them, so powerful and evil that are able to manipulate public opinion and make other people, like Skinny, guilty by association, and that can ruin their lives. Let's hope Skinny will be invited to an american gig too :) Can you imagine??? Am I so naive for believing that love is always at the end of the road?

I'm not a therapist OR, a licensed social worker, but I do think Uncle Skinny should take a mental health vacation. Volunteering on this forum seems to have taken a toll on him. Constantly gaslighting a musician he does not know in real life seems like a REAL waste of time.

Imagine being so on edge, you watch every copy of the Guardian. That's what they've become. Desperate.

IRONY ALERT IRONY ALERT IRONY ALERT

Imagine being so on edge , you watch and comment on every post on Morrissey Solo (despite hating the artist) That's what you've been for a long time.

NAIL ON HEAD #guiltbyassociation

Armond White is not "some black guy." He's a legendary film critic who has been writing for a very long time. He's currently writing for National Review but has written for plenty of other publications (including that bastion of right-wing politics, Out.com, lol).

Some black guy at National Review (a major conservative outlet) gave Morrissey's album a positive review. If Morrissey is so desperate for a token black friend to wave in people's faces, he should get this guy to follow him around.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/06/music-review-morrissey-california-son-protest-music-personal/

I'm not a therapist OR, a licensed social worker, but I do think Uncle Skinny should take a mental health vacation. Volunteering on this forum seems to have taken a toll on him. Constantly gaslighting a musician he does not know in real life seems like a REAL waste of time.

Caring about people is NEVER a waste of time.

FINALLY A GOOD PIECE BY THE GUARDIAN!!:eek:

THE WERE UPROOTED BY MOZ STANDING TO THEM:thumb::thumb:

Do you think Uncle Skinny cares about Morrissey? He emphatically states that he does NOT. Then goes on to INSIST that Morrissey is a racist, a nazi, a fash boy. It's very bizarre! Hard for me to take my eyes from what seems to be a slow train wreck.

Do you think Uncle Skinny cares about Morrissey? He emphatically states that he does NOT. Then goes on to INSIST that Morrissey is a racist, a nazi, a fash boy. It's very bizarre! Hard for me to take my eyes from what seems to be a slow train wreck.

I'M sure he still cares, he is posting here on a daily basis, more than once in a day. Otherwise, he would be TOTALLY OUT of here.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom