Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

Maybe I don't need to have bangs.

Maybe I don't need to have a lot of things.

Growing out bangs is the worst.

Last night there were too many dicks on the dance floor and a group of them were trying to control the DJ. It was frustrating to watch. She usually is alone up there but there were constantly two or three men standing with her trying to get her to play stuff. And she caved. It was f***ing 60s night and she was spinning New Order and modern funk. I left. Also these dudes kept walking across the floor, cutting through the crowd not dancing, just cutting through. And I saw at least five or six women leave and their men follow, it was so weird.

Growing out bangs is the worst.

I've had them (almost) all of my life. They're a security blanket that I tie to childhood—something about a bare forehead just seems so…womanly to me. Someone whose opinion matters a great deal to me recently questioned their omnipresence, which in turn made me wonder why the hell I feel like I need to have the same hairstyle at 39 as I did at 2. So right now I'm sporting bobby pins and trying not to feel like a Martian.

I think I just need to figure out a haircut that lets me easily have it both ways depending on parting, because sometimes I really do need that security blanket.

I got pregnant with my son in Amsterdam. In a youth hostel, no less.

cool, it was a great place to stay and my fav city we visited with venice being second. venice was like amsterdam but with no trees and grass. france was the only place we stayed in a hostel since it was the last day and we were only gonna be there for part of it and it was the worst. never again.

she sounds very cool i have to say. i have a social psych degree and love the guitar so if i wasnt married id probably think her very cool though i dont know what pof is. probably some social media thing i dont know.

chickpea, if you want any advice or style questions id be happy to give though im sure you can pick out your own outfit. i just do a lot of that and dont mind.

I've had them (almost) all of my life. They're a security blanket that I tie to childhood—something about a bare forehead just seems so…womanly to me. Someone whose opinion matters a great deal to me recently questioned their omnipresence, which in turn made me wonder why the hell I feel like I need to have the same hairstyle at 39 as I did at 2. So right now I'm sporting bobby pins and trying not to feel like a Martian.

I think I just need to figure out a haircut that lets me easily have it both ways depending on parting, because sometimes I really do need that security blanket.

You know you're out of the woods when you can do the eartuck without bobby pins. I know this not from experience, just from listening to my friends bitch about it through the years. I've always had bangs to hide a scar on my forehead. :D

You should check out Alexa Chungs hair. She sports the Demi-bang

cool, it was a great place to stay and my fav city we visited with venice being second. venice was like amsterdam but with no trees and grass. france was the only place we stayed in a hostel since it was the last day and we were only gonna be there for part of it and it was the worst. never again.

she sounds very cool i have to say. i have a social psych degree and love the guitar so if i wasnt married id probably think her very cool though i dont know what pof is. probably some social media thing i dont know.

I loved Venice as well. My fave city in Europe is Vienna--the people, the architecture. Social/psych. :thumb: PoF is Plenty of Fish--a misnomer. Should be titled Plenty of Flakes.

:popcorn:

You should check out Alexa Chungs hair. She sports the Demi-bang

Yeah, Alexa Chung's hair (and everything else) is always on-point. And I love her stupid book even though I know it's stupid.

chickpea, if you want any advice or style questions id be happy to give though im sure you can pick out your own outfit. i just do a lot of that and dont mind.

I think I've got it under control, but thanks for offering.

Yeah, Alexa Chung's hair (and everything else) is always on-point. And I love her stupid book even though I know it's stupid.

I think I've got it under control, but thanks for offering.

She's an idiot yes, but she's an idiot with very nice fashion sense. I hate people like that.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it is very depressing.

To suffer is art. I think it's art in a tragic social experiment kind of way. Everything about the show is inherently wrong to the point where it transcends just entertainment and into art.

I loved Venice as well. My fave city in Europe is Vienna--the people, the architecture. Social/psych. :thumb: PoF is Plenty of Fish--a misnomer. Should be titled Plenty of Flakes.

cool. we did the whole eur rail pass before we got to old to get the discount. it was a fun three weeks and i think the best city to look at was berlin though we were there for like a min as we passed through.

cool chickpea, its what i expected you to say though i know hell hair well and what to do about it

THe San Gabby Mountains are going to look sooooo beautiful with snow on them for the Rose Parade.

I'm thinking I should have known better than to continue attempting a friendship with an ex-partner. Her alcoholism and borderline personality disorder did not make for an easy time ...

man have i been there. dont do it to yourself cause it wont work and your feelings of sympathy will only keep you around to be abused. she needs professional help and trying to do that for her will break you. i know its hard to just cut off feeling for her but sometimes you have to be stoic against it and just harden yourself. my father was a long time drunk and ive been dealing with drunks my whole life and they need serious around the clock care or mostly professional help. take or dont take the advice but please feel better

man have i been there. dont do it to yourself cause it wont work and your feelings of sympathy will only keep you around to be abused. she needs professional help and trying to do that for her will break you. i know its hard to just cut off feeling for her but sometimes you have to be stoic against it and just harden yourself. my father was a long time drunk and ive been dealing with drunks my whole life and they need serious around the clock care or mostly professional help. take or dont take the advice but please feel better

I think you've really hit the nail on the head there. I semi-regularly would make gentle suggestions to her about getting help but she tended to either interpret that as an attack or brush it off by claiming she was too busy to try medications &/or therapy. I absurdly kept company with her despite knowing well she would only call/hang out when there were no better social options or when she was feeling depressed. Thanks for the advice ...

no problem. im a very empathetic person and always try to over help usually getting burned and what you just described is how i imagined it must be going. keep a distance but observe and be ready to call for that help the min she hits bottom and agrees but they wont hit bottom if your there holding them up at your own expense. i dont know man, i hope it works out for you and her and all for the best

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom