Post your bad dates here

Re: Post your Bad Dates here.

Anybody who'd willingly date deserves a smack in the mouth.

But I'm lonely. What do you do? Wait, don't answer that.

You wanna smack me in the mouth? For real, or for effect? Like I said, I'm lonely.

Everything I've ever said is for effect and I want to smack those thoroughly deserving of a smack.

You date because you're lonely-yet, you've started a thread discussing bad dates, so you're well aware that's it's futile. Where did you hear dating cured loneliness?

Personally, I'd prefer a brothel - but, then, I'm only lonely from dusk to dawn.

Do something bold, something courageous. Waking up at 3.00 am. and writing a letter full of threats and caresses - I call that vicious.

I bet Our Lady has really soft hands.

Everything I've ever said is for effect and I want to smack those thoroughly deserving of a smack.

You date because you're lonely-yet, you've started a thread discussing bad dates, so you're well aware that's it's futile. Where did you hear dating cured loneliness?

Personally, I'd prefer a brothel - but, then, I'm only lonely from dusk to dawn.

Do something bold, something courageous. Waking up at 3.00 am. and writing a letter full of threats and caresses - I call that vicious.
Then we have something in common! My response to you was for effect, too.

I'm collecting stories because I'm thinking of writing a humorous article about bad dates. Did I need to clear that with you, first?

You can't tell me anything about bold and courageous. Enjoy your brothel, you old romantic.

I haven't really been on any dates, but my friend Sarah from college had a doozy I'll tell on her behalf. She wouldn't mind.

So she was casually seeing this guy for daytime dates, like coffee in the afternoon, nothing serious, but she was getting a really good vibe from him and mentioned that her 21st birthday was approaching. Big deal, right? First time you can legally order a drink, a good night to go out and live it up. So he asks if he can take her out to dinner and she gets excited, puts on a cocktail dress, imagines a night of boozing it up and celebrating, he says he'll pick her up at 8. So they drive past all the fancy restaurants in downtown (San Luis Obispo if you''ve ever been there) and head towards the shopping mall were Mervyns is. The only choice left in her mind is The Madonna Inn which in in that direction, it's a hotel with a nice restaurant, not her favorite but still a nice idea when he passes that too and pulls into the parking lot of Hometown Buffet. :eek: Then when they get to the cash register because it's so classy you have to pay before you pork out on white trash delicacies such meatloaf and casserole, he announces that he forgot his wallet and asks if she can pay. Being a nice person she does, then they eat, he takes her home and suggests he comes in, she says "I don't think so." and proceeds to cry the rest of the night away into her pillow.

hometown-buffet2.jpg

But she was laughing about it the next day, still. Worst. Date. Ever.

I guess I did technically go on a bad date, but it was as a teenager and those don't really count as dates. It was a double date, the boy I was paired up with was the only one with a driver's license, we drove in his Volkswagon Scirocco to Laguna Beach where we split a pizza. Then we walked onto the beach where the other two we were with paired off and were having massive-get-a-room-already-slurping-make-out session. The guy I was with was soooo shy. So he sat indian style on the sand and asked me if I wanted to sit in his lap. I said okay and did, but he never touched me. So I was sitting perched on his lap for a while then I felt super awkward and we sat there and said nothing to one another until tonguefest with done with and we drove home. End of story. :o

And come to think of it, it wasn't really a "bad" date other than being forced into this awkward situation that we were expected to make out when really we were good friends. He liked Morrissey and Jane's Addiction and was a bit older than me. The pizza part was nice. It was the "Okay now pretend that you're hawt for each other" part that was not so nice, but I think we were on the same page so this story doesn't count as a bad date, just a story of failed expectations.

Last edited:
C'mon CG, you mean you don't think a night out at the buffet is romantic?! :D

C'mon CG, you mean you don't think a night out at the buffet is romantic?! :D

Maybe...but not on my 21st birthday! Incidently I had the flu on my 21st birthday and spent it barfing the toilet not from excessive drinking, but a virus. :(

I'm collecting stories because I'm thinking of writing a humorous article about bad dates. Did I need to clear that with you, first?

That would only be interesting if you actually went on the bad dates and took large color photos, and perhaps included a foldout map of the bad date...like a National Geographic account of your journey to emptiness?

A few months ago I went on a date with a guy I met in a club. We swapped numbers and after pestering me for a date, we eventually met up for lunch. He barely said a word- just stared at me with his mouth open, continually blushing and dropping his food. I kept asking him questions but he was just like "I want to know all about you" but I don't like talking about me so that wasn't what I wanted to hear. We had a cheeky snog in the carpark afterwards but I declined a second date, his behaviour was too odd for my liking :rolleyes: I'm a harsh mistress.

Okay, so, I was 19 years old, and he was 21. I was working as an intern at a law firm in downtown Chicago (the Loop, actually), he was working as a "Geek Squad"-type computer repairman. I met him on an online dating site, and we agreed, for our first date, that we would meet at a Jamba Juice a couple blocks from my office, after work.

So, I walk to the Jamba Juice, and am there on time, even a bit early. I wait. And wait. And wait. I finally start getting text messages from him about how he had to wait to borrow his friend's car, he was stuck in traffic, blah, blah, blah. All in all, I waited for the guy, outside the Jamba Juice, for about 1 to 2 hours. Don't ask me why I did.

Finally, he pulls up in front of the Jamba Juice, and explains to me that he can't find a parking spot. So, foolish person that I am, I get in the car with him, and he drives to another Jamba Juice, where he parks, and we have smoothies.

After we finish our smoothies, he informs me that he has a computer job to do, but that it'll take, "5 minutes, tops", and then we can go to dinner or something. Stupidly, I agree. He drives quite a distance to a residential neighborhood that I had never been in before, and parks on the street, and goes inside. He's in there for at least a half an hour. Finally, I really need to use the bathroom, so I write a note that says something like, "Had to use bathroom. Went to McDonald's." I leave it on his windshield, then walk the block or two to a McDonald's to use the facilities. As soon as I walk out, the guy is there, and gives me a big hug, apologizing profusely. He then has the gall to ask if I want to go to dinner with him! At this point, I smarten up, and tell him to drive me back to the train station, which he did.

Anybody who'd willingly date deserves a smack in the mouth.

Yeah.. sex or GTFO!!!

Nah.. I think you should replace the word date with marry.

There are plenty of good dates and lots of bad ones. I think one can like dating and still make fun of it. Perhaps your views on the subject are a bit extreme. Didn't you list men as one of your fears (or something along those lines) in another thread?

If you are lonely for companionship then I personally would suggest dating.

Dating does not cure loneliness. Successful dating cures it.

Back
Top Bottom