QID / MIM picture discs

robert

Same old suit since 1962
I saw picture discs for QID and MIM on eBay. I've never heard of them (not surprising since I don't collect much vinyl), but didn't see them listed on pjlm. Anyone know anything about them? Are they bootlegs?

I was under the (misinformed?) impression that the Boy Happy single was Moz's first ever picture disc

I'm waiting to be proven wrong

there's a few interview discs that are pic discs but I've not heard of TQID or MIM, I assume they'll be boots like the coloured vinyl Debut l.p.s that showed up last year.

love

Grim

They're a Dutch Auction, so they must be brand-new, just hitting the shops. Along the lines of the colored vinyls Grim just mentioned.

The shop selling them can be seen on the Oasis "What's The Story" album cover.

Anyone know where i can get a 12" pic disc of i just want to see the boy happy?
Theres one on Ebay going for £9.99 plus £2 p+p wondered if i could pick one up cheaper somewhere? (theres none on Amazon)
Alan

That seems like a good price for that 12". I ordered one from the US through ideal copy and it cost me a lot more but they were the only ones selling them when I ordered it, they have sold out now anyway. That seller on eBAY has 46 or thereabouts for sale so I would get one from them if I were looking. Different B-side picture too. HMV don't have it listed but do still have the limited Quarry 12" singles on their website.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MORRISSEY-I-J...ryZ58623QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Allie its Sister Ray that have them on their site and they have put some up on ebay this afternoon, I put a thread up on the general site earlier. Seems that £9.99 is the price.

Are the colored vinyl debut lps (red and yellow) confirmed as bootlegs? If so, I can't help but notice Sister ray as a source for both those LPs and these new picture discs...

12" pic disc of i just want to see the boy happy
Mine arrived this morning, I wanted a lie-in & the bugger of a postman knocked me up! Still it's soccer am time!

love

Grim

Maybe they are counterfeit?

Ha ha. Rough Trade numbered but obviously not from RT.
So we're all clear on definitions around here.....from www.m-w.com:

Main Entry: 1coun·ter·feit
Pronunciation: 'kaunt-&r-"fit
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English countrefet, from Anglo-French c***refeit, from past participle of c***refere, contrefaire to imitate, from c***re- + faire to make, from Latin facere -- more at DO
1 : made in imitation of something else with intent to deceive : FORGED <counterfeit money>
2 a : INSINCERE, FEIGNED <counterfeit sympathy> b : IMITATION <counterfeit Georgian houses>

Main Entry: 2bootleg
Function: verb
transitive verb
1 a : to carry (alcoholic liquor) on one's person illegally b : to manufacture, sell, or transport for sale (alcoholic liquor) illegally
2 a : to produce, reproduce, or distribute illicitly or without authorization b : SMUGGLE

Back
Top Bottom