Rare reference discs (w/Unreleased Bonus Tracks - "Vauxhall and I", "Southpaw Grammar") on eBay

Extremely Rare Morrissey Reference Discs For Sale (w/Unreleased Bonus Tracks)

I’m offering a complete collection of Morrissey Rhino Reference Discs for sale. I previously offered these for sale last year when I was selling a part of my record collection. But after dealing with people who committed to purchases only to back out later (as well as various other time wasters), I opted not to bother. However, I decided to give this another shot since I’m acquiring some incredible rarities in the upcoming weeks and honestly, they’re quite expensive and I need to cover my costs. That’s the only reason I’m even considering offering these again. So feel free to PM me for more specific information. I’ll add some additional info below.

For those not familiar, Rhino planned a series of re-issues to coincide with the release of Morrissey’s “You Are The Quarry” in 2004. All of Morrissey's prior albums (with the exception of Maladjusted) were fully remastered and the plan was to release extra “bonus” tracks along with each album. These extra tracks ranged from unreleased songs and demos to alternate versions and alternate mixes that have never been released officially.

Of course these releases never saw the light of day and only exist now in the form of in-house reference CDRs (of which only very few were pressed). These CDs are labeled as "Internal Review Copies" that were meant for those working on the reissues to check for mastering errors, very few managed to fall into the hands of collectors. The “Legacy Reissue Series” was a hoax, but these are the real deal.

For the past decade, these discs have become among the most coveted Morrissey collectibles in private circles and are rarely even talked about. Not only are they exceedingly rare, they are simply impossible to come across since so few exist in the hands of collectors. You're unlikely to see them offered for sale again.

The complete collection of Morrissey Rhino Reference Discs includes:

Viva Hate
Bona Drag
Kill Uncle
Your Arsenal
Vauxhall And I
Southpaw Grammar

Some have two discs (album on disc one, bonus tracks on disc two), and some have just a single disc with bonus tracks added at the end.

Each album has unique bonus tracks offered and as I mentioned, many of them have never been released.

Currently, I have the reference discs for both Vauxhall And I and Southpaw Grammar on eBay, so you can check those out there:

Southpaw: http://www.ebay.com/itm/131351987976?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Vauxhall: http://www.ebay.com/itm/131351997037?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Ideally, I’d love it if these discs could all go to one person, but I realize that’s not very realistic given the expense.

Aside from the bonus tracks, it's my personal opinion that the remastering is the real star of these discs. Particularly for Your Arsenal and Vauxhall And I, two releases that have always sounded dull and anemic to me in terms of mastering. On the two disc variation, Vauxhall especially shines as all the faults of that initial release are corrected, it sounds fantastic. It even betters the 2014 remaster by a considerable margin. The mastering of Viva Hate and Bona Drag are different from both the original releases and their official remasters, while Kill Uncle and Southpaw sound very close to their re-issued releases.

So feel free to PM me for more specific details and to make an offer. Serious offers only. Please don't waste my time asking endless questions about these items if you have no intention of making an offer, I dealt with too many flakes last time and it was exhausting.

I’m hoping these gems all find good homes.

Thanks,

Tom

Last edited:
Re: Amazing Ebay items - Southpaw, Vauxhall with bonus unreleased tracks/mixes

Crikey.

That Vauxhall one will go for an enormous sum.

Re: Extremely Rare Morrissey Reference Discs For Sale (w/Unreleased Bonus Tracks)

I have flac files of both Southpaw discs and of the Vauxhall reference disc if anyone wants to buy the MP3s. If there's enough interest we can figure something out.

More info posted by Tom in the comments.

Morrissey - Vauxhall And I Ultra Rare Reference CD w/Unreleased Songs & Demos
- eBay item 131351997037

Description excerpt:

Rhino planned a series of re-issues to coincide with the release of Morrissey’s “You Are The Quarry” in 2004. All of Morrissey's prior albums (with the exception of Maladjusted) were fully remastered and the plan was to release extra “bonus” tracks along with each album. These extra tracks ranged from unreleased songs and demos to alternate versions and alternate mixes that have never been released officially.

Of course these releases never saw the light of day and only exist now in the form of in-house reference CDRs (of which only very few were pressed). Very few people are privy to them. These CDRs are labeled as "Internal Review Copies" that were meant for those working on the reissues to check for mastering errors.

This is the reference disc for 1994’s “Vauxhall and I” and features unique mastering not present on the original release or the 2014 re-issue. It also features alternate versions of Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself, Black-Eyed Susan, Used To Be A Sweet Boy, Interlude and Swallow On My Neck.

Alternate versions:
  • Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself (Electric)
  • Black-Eyed Susan (Alternate)
  • Used To Be A Sweet Boy (Orchestral)
  • Interlude (Harmonium Version)
  • Swallow On My Neck (Alternate)

vauxhall_reference.jpg

Morrissey - Southpaw Grammar Ultra Rare Reference CDs w/Unreleased Songs & Demos - eBay item 131351987976

Description excerpt:

These are the reference discs for 1995’s “Southpaw Grammar” and features a unique running order for the album with two additional tracks along with mastering not present on the original release or the 2009 re-issue.

It also features a unique bonus disc of unreleased masters, session demos and alternate takes. These tracks are mostly taken from the highly sought after “Mirival Sessions” which were recorded at Mirival Studios and features drastically different versions of songs featured on the album.

Disc 2 Track listing:

• The Boy Racer (Mirival Studio Acoustic Version)
  • Reader Meet Author (Mirival Studio Version)
  • Honey You Know Where To Find Me (Mirival Unreleased)
  • Best Friend On The Payroll (Mirival Studio Version)
  • You Should Have Been Nice To Me (Mirival Unreleased Master)
  • Dagenham Dave (Mirival Studio Version)
  • Nobody Loves Us (Mirival Studio Version)
  • Southpaw (SARM Studio Alternate)
  • You Must Please Remember (Mirival Studio Demo)

southpaw_reference.jpg

UPDATE Dec. 3:

An anonymous person posted the link for the Your Arsenal reference disc on eBay, bonus tracks:

There Speaks A True Friend (Alternate Version)
Fantastic Bird (Demo)
Pashernate Love (Long Version)
Seasick, Yet Still Docked (Acoustic Alternate Version)
Let The Right One Slip In (Alternate Long Mix)
Jack The Ripper (B-side)

Last edited by a moderator:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Re: Extremely Rare Morrissey Reference Discs For Sale (w/Unreleased Bonus Tracks)

I have flac files of both Southpaw discs and of the Vauxhall reference disc if anyone wants to buy the MP3s. If there's enough interest we can figure something out.

Why hold back on these, money money money is all you hear...these deserved to he heared by all Morrissey fans.

Why hold back on these, money money money is all you hear...these deserved to he heared by all Morrissey fans.

Because I bought them and you didn't.

Whoever (and I know who you are, compadre) put out both Hollywood Bowl and Wolverhampton is a real SAINT, not trying to hustle them for bucks.

Whoever (and I know who you are, compadre) put out both Hollywood Bowl and Wolverhampton is a real SAINT, not trying to hustle them for bucks.

I'll tell you what - if Tom doesn't pull the listing at the last minute like everyone expects him to do - I'll post a few things I have lying around.

Sorry Adam, but that's nonsense. These are highly sought after collectibles that never come up for sale. I purchased them at a premium and have every right to sell them for market value just as anyone selling a rare vinyl acetate would.

Sorry Adam, but that's nonsense. These are highly sought after collectibles that never come up for sale. I purchased them at a premium and have every right to sell them for market value just as anyone selling a rare vinyl acetate would.

Everything will become available in time...you will lose your investment in time.

Everything will become available in time...you will lose your investment in time.

Spoken like a true know nothing. "Everything" is a very broad term and there are bits and pieces that will truly never see the light of day for all sorts of different reasons.

Yup, tom, sorry that whole myspace.com thing didn't really work out, but I know a corner you can work. It took me all of 90 seconds to figure out who you are and who you know. You'll be pulling those auctions once your "beau" says so.

Spoken like a true know nothing. "Everything" is a very broad term and there are bits and pieces that will truly never see the light of day for all sorts of different reasons.

"Spoken like a true nothing..." In my world bits and pieces like manners and politeness see the light of day often, do not act all defensive and rude like you are selling these items Thomas, calm down, listen to your "your ears only" rarities all you like but please don't be a bell-end when communicating with people as your value as a person will decrease.

Because nothing says "integrity" quite like selling digital copies of things that you don't own the copyright to in the first place. (Recompressed, at that, to add insult to illegality.)

Let me know where to send the money. I'm sure PayPal would love to know what you're using your account for.

Yup, tom, sorry that whole myspace.com thing didn't really work out, but I know a corner you can work. It took me all of 90 seconds to figure out who you are and who you know. You'll be pulling those auctions once your "beau" says so.

I like ADAM.

You HAD the Wolverhampton gig, you were quite happy to hoard it, as is your right

I like ADAM.

I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing on So-Low, but I'm happy to take a bow at the busiest brothel in town if someone applauds. :thumb:

Put up an auction, for anything, and then pull it because someone offered you the cash? Then you're a c**t. Don't like auctions? Don't use eBay.

I hope a stray dog, or toddler, breaks into your house and snaps them in half.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom