Rare reference discs (w/Unreleased Bonus Tracks - "Vauxhall and I", "Southpaw Grammar") on eBay

Extremely Rare Morrissey Reference Discs For Sale (w/Unreleased Bonus Tracks)

I’m offering a complete collection of Morrissey Rhino Reference Discs for sale. I previously offered these for sale last year when I was selling a part of my record collection. But after dealing with people who committed to purchases only to back out later (as well as various other time wasters), I opted not to bother. However, I decided to give this another shot since I’m acquiring some incredible rarities in the upcoming weeks and honestly, they’re quite expensive and I need to cover my costs. That’s the only reason I’m even considering offering these again. So feel free to PM me for more specific information. I’ll add some additional info below.

For those not familiar, Rhino planned a series of re-issues to coincide with the release of Morrissey’s “You Are The Quarry” in 2004. All of Morrissey's prior albums (with the exception of Maladjusted) were fully remastered and the plan was to release extra “bonus” tracks along with each album. These extra tracks ranged from unreleased songs and demos to alternate versions and alternate mixes that have never been released officially.

Of course these releases never saw the light of day and only exist now in the form of in-house reference CDRs (of which only very few were pressed). These CDs are labeled as "Internal Review Copies" that were meant for those working on the reissues to check for mastering errors, very few managed to fall into the hands of collectors. The “Legacy Reissue Series” was a hoax, but these are the real deal.

For the past decade, these discs have become among the most coveted Morrissey collectibles in private circles and are rarely even talked about. Not only are they exceedingly rare, they are simply impossible to come across since so few exist in the hands of collectors. You're unlikely to see them offered for sale again.

The complete collection of Morrissey Rhino Reference Discs includes:

Viva Hate
Bona Drag
Kill Uncle
Your Arsenal
Vauxhall And I
Southpaw Grammar

Some have two discs (album on disc one, bonus tracks on disc two), and some have just a single disc with bonus tracks added at the end.

Each album has unique bonus tracks offered and as I mentioned, many of them have never been released.

Currently, I have the reference discs for both Vauxhall And I and Southpaw Grammar on eBay, so you can check those out there:

Southpaw: http://www.ebay.com/itm/131351987976?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Vauxhall: http://www.ebay.com/itm/131351997037?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Ideally, I’d love it if these discs could all go to one person, but I realize that’s not very realistic given the expense.

Aside from the bonus tracks, it's my personal opinion that the remastering is the real star of these discs. Particularly for Your Arsenal and Vauxhall And I, two releases that have always sounded dull and anemic to me in terms of mastering. On the two disc variation, Vauxhall especially shines as all the faults of that initial release are corrected, it sounds fantastic. It even betters the 2014 remaster by a considerable margin. The mastering of Viva Hate and Bona Drag are different from both the original releases and their official remasters, while Kill Uncle and Southpaw sound very close to their re-issued releases.

So feel free to PM me for more specific details and to make an offer. Serious offers only. Please don't waste my time asking endless questions about these items if you have no intention of making an offer, I dealt with too many flakes last time and it was exhausting.

I’m hoping these gems all find good homes.

Thanks,

Tom

Last edited:
Re: Extremely Rare Morrissey Reference Discs For Sale (w/Unreleased Bonus Tracks)

You HAD the Wolverhampton gig, you were quite happy to hoard it, as is your right

Who said I had it/hoarded it? Knowing who had them and having them are obviously two very different situations. If I politely convinced the person who had them to share them with everyone, I'm not exactly the worst person on the planet.

I know that Tom claims to have certain things, but that doesn't mean I have them. The commerce aspect of this adds a bit of criminal sheen to the situation. I'm sure that Tom knows that one can find out all sorts of personal information via the Intermess. G*d bless social media, right?

Re: Extremely Rare Morrissey Reference Discs For Sale (w/Unreleased Bonus Tracks)

Who said I had it/hoarded it? Knowing who had them and having them are obviously two very different situations. If I politely convinced the person who had them to share them with everyone, I'm not exactly the worst person on the planet.

I know that Tom claims to have certain things, but that doesn't mean I have them. The commerce aspect of this adds a bit of criminal sheen to the situation. I'm sure that Tom knows that one can find out all sorts of personal information via the Intermess. G*d bless social media, right?

Criminal? Jeez.

Tom has tonight sent me proof he's as good as his word, and has stuff above and beyond what's up for auction. You dont believe it - your privelege. My judgement is he's a good chap, with some very rare stuff, and more to come. You don't like it - don't bid. He paid a load for it, he's entitled to profit. All you folk with the sound files - put up or shut up. Won't make a scrap of difference to the auctions. Folk want hard copy, not zeroes and ones.

P.

Criminal? Jeez.

Tom has tonight sent me proof he's as good as his word, and has stuff above and beyond what's up for auction. You dont believe it - your privelege. My judgement is he's a good chap, with some very rare stuff, and more to come. You don't like it - don't bid. He paid a load for it, he's entitled to profit. All you folk with the sound files - put up or shut up. Won't make a scrap of difference to the auctions. Folk want hard copy, not zeroes and ones.

P.

He's said he intends to pull these from auction so what's the point in bidding. Totally not within the spirit of eBay. I don't care how many rare items he's got, pulling these *makes* him an arsehole.

I like the term criminal. No one can put lipstick on this greedy, slopping pig, and I'm always down for a knockdown/dragout; knuckledusters and lint-rollers.

I paid a lot for my living room suite, but I don't charge people by the ass-cheek for sitting on sofa. Very few of you are welcome to have a seat, but that's just a hygiene thing. (I endorse a flush of Massengil after every visit to So-Low. Trust. My machine is clean.) Where was I?

Oh yeah... I'd only care if the bastard had kidnapped poor Moz, but then I'd go gangsta on him. Right now I'm just thinking about the evil things that I can do with his routing numbers. Cheers! :brows:

He's said he intends to pull these from auction so what's the point in bidding. Totally not within the spirit of eBay. I don't care how many rare items he's got, pulling these *makes* him an arsehole.

It's a sofa. A Washing machine. It's his to sell. Live with it.

P.

I've edited my statement as I think it was taken out of context. All I meant to imply was that I'd consider pulling the auctions if I got the right offer... not that I was certainly going to pull them. That happens all the time with high ticket items on eBay, I'm certainly not alone in that. However, as of right now, I have no intention of doing so. Sorry for the confusion.

P.

What you on about. Do you get the concept of an auction? How pissed would you be if you were winning with minutes to go and he pulled it? He's listed it to gloat. Showcasing his rarities with no intention of completing a sale.

I've edited my statement as I think it was taken out of context. All I meant to imply was that I'd consider pulling the auctions if I got the right offer... not that I was certainly going to pull them. That happens all the time with high ticket items on eBay, I'm certainly not alone in that. However, as of right now, I have no intention of doing so. Sorry for the confusion.

Fair enough.

And of course the item location is in the New York metro area! Everybody listens to Morrissey in the New York Metro Area!

You HAD the Wolverhampton gig, you were quite happy to hoard it, as is your right

i'm pretty sure no one who had it (don't know if adam did) wanted to be the first to leak it, for fear of some arsehole like this burning it to disc and trying to sell it off as a rarity...

...that's why i stuffed it into a torrent, carefully hid my location, pushed it out to the world for free, and asked folks on s-t.co.uk to seed it indefinitely, to avoid profiteers like this.

P.

Rourke and Joyce — lawnmower parts. See how easy that is. This guy? Waste oil that gets changed out once a year.

You damn Northern Leeches stay off my patch.

I'm just being comic relief right now, waiting for someone to text whilst I peruse someone's odd shopping habits.

Kill Uncle disc has an extended version of my Love Life. I would love to hear that.

having all of these discs would be a great addition regardless of if the songs were leaked. I wonder, what other rarities are you getting that made you sell this stuff? I am always intrigued in hearing what all is out there. I wouldn't push anybody to share stuff other than just the knowledge of what is out there.

i'm pretty sure no one who had it (don't know if adam did) wanted to be the first to leak it, for fear of some arsehole like this burning it to disc and trying to sell it off as a rarity...

...that's why i stuffed it into a torrent, carefully hid my location, pushed it out to the world for free, and asked folks on s-t.co.uk to seed it indefinitely, to avoid profiteers like this.

Thanks, Mum.

P.

Surely he's keeping a copy of the files for himself as well as selling them. Can you copy a sofa or a washing machine?

No Maladjusted, so we still don´t get I KNOW WHO I LOVE (Boorer, Maladjusted sessions 1997)... :-( I´m looking for this for ages, because it sounds promising:

An upbeat Maladjusted outtake boasting a jangling guitar melody similar to that album’s “Alma Matters”. Moz sings of highs, lows, and even “these pills I’m prescribed”. Optimistic and catchy, it still begs for an official release. Sample lyric: “These words I’ve written down/ Convey the way that you play/ You see it, you want it, you take it/ And then it’s yours”

P.

Is it his though? I'm sure it's in breach of copyright and is probably illegal. That is none of my business and if he gets a buyer than good for him. But it is not the same as buying official merchandise (which generated some cash for the artist/producer) and reselling it cheaper to someone.
Personally I think that anyone who spends a wheelbarrow full of cash on unofficial unreleased material has more money than sense, but that is just my opinion. It is a pity that the rare tracks/versions were not released by Rhino....but they were not released, so I won't be crying because I don't have them.

Anyone heard Used To Be A Sweet Boy (Orchestral)? Is it worth $1000 ? Probably

Any idea who made these remasters and where?

Counfused...are these tracks available as a Torrent? Thanks.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom