Re: Static links & spiteful behaviour

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
Preface:
Typed with no drama, no 'poor me' and no attention seeking behaviour.

Well, unfortunately, people may notice that some mega.nz links are now dead.
This is due to someone reporting the California Son 320 & 16 bit FLAC.

This leaves me with a few problems.
I won't be able to trust anyone again as there are too many smiling assassins.
What type of caustic twat finds it pleasurable to report things to spite people here?
Similarly, the idea of static links was to be helpful and reduce the need to re-upload.
I just don't have the motivation to continually upload things people pop up every few months and ask for.

So, I think there is no real way to fully meet people's needs in the future.
WeTransfer & sendspace die off after about a week or sooner if over-downloaded (not counting the morons sharing these links elsewhere and reducing opportunities to download for members here even more).
Mega was a reasonable way to address this and now it won't be used.

Over the years, even when I posted as anon, I contributed many things for people to have & share.
I have done this even more so recently for a variety of reasons, but the sad fact is:
The unpleasant types that revel in questioning/harassing people who put themselves out for people are now directly effecting things to the point that the people being hurt are yourselves.
It is no skin off my nose - being helpful was something I enjoyed and that is tainted now, but it's not me after the files so it doesn't ultimately bother me.
Only here can people trying to share with you be a bad thing and in need of a troll-mind to come crap on things.

So I am at a quandary.
I suspect the end result will be:
Links will only ever be short term from now on.
Re-ups will be limited.
Anons will lose out more as they can't inbox me.

I felt it reasonable to explain why things will probably change from my side of things.
If anyone has any sensible suggestions on how to best share things in a way that everyone can benefit from and remain available for a decent amount of time - I'll happily listen.

Hated for loving,
FWD.

Preface:

What type of caustic twat finds it pleasurable to report things to spite people here?
Similarly, the idea of static links was to be helpful and reduce the need to re-upload.
I just don't have the motivation to continually upload things people pop up every few months and ask for.

WeTransfer & sendspace die off after about a week or sooner if over-downloaded (not counting the morons sharing these links elsewhere and reducing opportunities to download for members here even more).

Over the years, even when I posted as anon, I contributed many things for people to have & share.
I have done this even more so recently for a variety of reasons, but the sad fact is:
The unpleasant types that revel in questioning/harassing people who put themselves out for people are now directly effecting things to the point that the people being hurt are yourselves.
It is no skin off my nose - being helpful was something I enjoyed and that is tainted now, but it's not me after the files so it doesn't ultimately bother me.
Only here can people trying to share with you be a bad thing and in need of a troll-mind to come crap on things.

So I am at a quandary.
Re-ups will be limited.

I felt it reasonable to explain why things will probably change from my side of things.
If anyone has a sensible suggestions on how to best share things in a way that everyone can benefit from and remain available for a decent amount of time - I'll happily listen.

Hated for loving,
FWD.
Always someone who is a fly the in the ointment!!

Caustic flaming two-faced twats! I’m sorry the generous efforts you’ve put in have been rewarded like this. I suspect any number of the “I hate M, I live on a M fansite” could be the bad actor.

I’d keep uploads temporary and only via direct message. Unless it’s a compilation that’s unlikely to raise the rejects to action.

Don’t let the f***ers get you down :)

I can only say I admire all the work you do for us, really appreciate all your efforts, and thanks to you my ever growing collection of Morrissey music keeps growing..... THANKS!!!

Preface:

So I am at a quandary.
Re-ups will be limited.

If anyone has a sensible suggestions on how to best share things in a way that everyone can benefit from and remain available for a decent amount of time - I'll happily listen.

Hated for loving,
FWD.

word on the street is it was SER but I guess it could have been any spiteful person.

I do think it was maybe a mistake posting a link for a leaked LP though. Maybe if it would have been a flac version in a couple of weeks . I can understand them not being happy .

word on the street is it was SER but I guess it could have been any spiteful person.

I do think it was maybe a mistake posting a link for a leaked LP though. Maybe if it would have been a flac version in a couple of weeks . I can understand them not being happy .
Yet it remains up on the sites that were the actual sources of the leak and easily found.
Regards,
FWD.

Yet it remains up on the sites that were the actual sources of the leak and easily found.
Regards,
FWD.

It wasn't a put down, I like the others, am thankful for all your hardwork . I actually think you should have your own site or FB page or whatever.

You seem like a great person

It wasn't a put down, I like the others, am thankful for all your hardwork . I actually think you should have your own site or FB page or whatever.

You seem like a great person
It wasn't taken as one.
Just seems like spiteful behaviour by someone here rather than people vested in copyright protection - as there are better/easier targets than here for that.
Regards,
FWD.

Thank you for all your work! You've done many reups for me in the past. And I'm just a nameless internet stranger to you! But you're well appreciated. But it sucks that somebody had to ruin it for all.

Back
Top Bottom