Recommend something, anything

20141214-ESSAY-slide-80HG-jumbo-v2.png

A Brief History of Kissing in Movies:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/14/magazine/a-brief-history-of-kissing-in-movies.html

cool. the first one big bed on tv was bewitched in 1964 just as a fun fact.

aimee light. love light. light nesws of love. infatuation

Hang all of your art at 57" on center. There are a few exceptions to this rule (like frames on the floor leaning against a wall, or when you're hanging something that needs to relate to a piece of furniture), but aim for getting as close to that 57" center line as possible and you'll be a happier person.

Re: Recommend something, anything!

Jehne, I recommend giving yourself a congrats for the positive changes you've made in your life. I knew you in 2004 - and if you haven't done a 180 - you have come very far. Keep that going in 2015 and beyond. :thumb:

Re: Recommend something, anything!

Jehne, I recommend giving yourself a congrats for the positive changes you've made in your life. I knew you in 2004 - and if you haven't done a 180 - you have come very far. Keep that going in 2015 and beyond. :thumb:

Thanks BG. And the same to you. Never give up.
summer_51.gif

David J's new autobiography, Who Killed Mister Moonlight?: Bauhaus, Black Magick and Benediction. I saw it in Barnes and Noble yesterday and decided to page through it, opened it up to a passage involving making a tribute to a snake goddess and fitting Genesis P-Orridge into a corset and knew I had to read it. I just finished it. It's completely engrossing, well-written, hilarious, and full of surreal and bizarre anecdotes. It of course delves into the formation, dissolution and eventual reformation of Bauhaus and all of the turbulence and drama that ensued, as well as David J's history with and interest in the occult, his friendship with Alan Moore, and so much more. It's an absolute must-read for any fan of Bauhaus and Love and Rockets or those with an interest in the celebrity memoir genre.

Last edited:
hmm alan moore. thats interesting as im reading the ballad of halo jones as we speak. did you ever read fashion beast. he wrote that with malcome mclearen and its interesting to say the least.

I've witnessed almost every aspect of the Rose Parade other than being in the parade, from helping to make the floats, designing submissions for floats, being at the parade at all angles, watching on TV, etc.. It's a big deal for our family. But one of the coolest aspects I discovered just last year. Several of the floats are made in factories and warehouses in Azusa and Irwindale, and on New Years Eve right after the sun goes down, they make their way slowly on Arrow Highway all the way up to Pasadena to take their queue in the parade for tomorrow. There is something magnificent about seeing the floats in person, they smell glorious, they are HUGE in person that you can't quite see on TV, and they're beautiful. But on the night before, there's something amazingly sinister about the floats themselves when their animations are shut down and not operating, yet they float in the dark, their colors only illuminated by the street lights they pass. And it's Irwindale tradition to applaud them as they make their way up Arrow before the world sees them, it's like a backwards parade just for locals sans pomp and circumstance. I recommend any LA locals hang out in the vicinity of the corner of Arrow and 4th street between 5-7pm tonight to see the sinister parade. It's beautiful. I'm saving my Cellphone Upload Daily pic for one tonight and plan to watch the parade in the comfort of my warm bed while the diehards freeze their asses off on Colorado. :D

I recommend the movie Dirty Rotten Scoundrels today. :)

My last post about the goddam rose parade I swear. :D

I recommend you spend $10 and see them up close at Sierra Madre Park today, tomorrow and the next day. Since it's so cold they'll keep the whole time so go the third and avoid the crowds. Every square inch of those floats are covered in natural flowers and seeds. The craftmanship is stunning in person. http://www.tournamentofroses.com/events/post-parade

16166372731_9406f62de0_b.jpg

bought three graphic novels today and all are good. saga is a light story of family adventure and Manhattan projects is a surreal sci fi story involving the usual and many not from the Manhattan projects. its philosophical science fiction. the best is lucifer which im rebuying in deluxe condensed versions. this one is extremely dense and flawless philosophical mythological arguments made about predestination and predetermination.

I've been revisiting Wireless Nights, Jarvis Cocker's hugely entertaining and atmospheric Radio 4 show. Cocker has a wonderful radio voice and this show is perfect late night listening. All twelve episodes are available as a free podcast here in the UK on iTunes. It shouldn't take a lot of finding elsewhere if you can't get it officially.

i sorta hate that album in a way. its neither as good as tigermilk or arab strap buts its the one everyone knows and the twee one which gave them the reputation. i hate how everyone repeats its a classic as i dont think it is. no ones been able to convince me based on music. its almost there weakest album

Back
Top Bottom