Red Hot Chili Peppers Cover (snippet) "That Joke..." live

I haven't listened to the chili peppers since stadium but johnnwas a great guitar player. Nice to see the reference but sad to learns he's not in the band anymore. Bummer

The RHCP have been absolutely unbearable since Mother's Milk, and I cannot even bear to hit play on this video, so I'll just skip it. Incidentally, I saw them on the Blood, Sugar, Sex, blah blah tour in the early 90's, and left after a couple of songs because it was so boring and both Nirvana and Pearl Jam opening had already blown them away.

Blood sex was a pretty terrible album. Other side was much better with it harmonies and that whole album was pretty good. Dani California was fantastic on stadium with its Hendrix solo aping, first six notes of then solo are from a Hendrix solo before it goes off on its own, and snow (hey oh) has a guitar line that's just amazing while the lyrics are especially poignant. Pearl jam have always been pretty boring

I am not really into RHCP at all but have seen Josh perform a lot. He actually has performed this song in its entirety before (to the best of my recollection). Probably in around 2000, when he was in the Bicycle Thief, he played this song solo at the end of their set at the Dragonfly in Hollywood. I wish I had recorded that, Josh is a good guy and has played with some great musicians.

I don't really anything about him myself but John's gonna be hard to replace in that band. I remember checking g out bicycle thief and they were fine if I remember correctly

You can tell there aren't any RHCP fans in here. Josh has been with the Peppers a lot longer than just for the I'm With You album and tour. He had to replace John on the Stadium Arcadium tour after just a couple shows cause John quit. Plus he had done some work on that album before taking over for John. No Josh is no John, but he isnt your everyday guitarist either. From the sound of Dark Necessities it sounds as if he has improved and they found a way to mesh better. First thing i thought when i heard it was it sounds like Stadium Arcadium. Which imo is the best Peppers album. Grammys suggest that also. Whoever said they havent been good since mothers milk needs their brain checked. Mothers milk isnt a top 5 Pepper's album. Then again it all depends on what style of the Peppers you like.

The RHCP have been absolutely unbearable since Mother's Milk, and I cannot even bear to hit play on this video, so I'll just skip it. Incidentally, I saw them on the Blood, Sugar, Sex, blah blah tour in the early 90's, and left after a couple of songs because it was so boring and both Nirvana and Pearl Jam opening had already blown them away.

Unbearable? Californication, By the Way, & Stadium Arcadeum had a ton of pretty great alternative pop songs, better than most of what Moz is doing. & live (at least the last 15 years) Frusciante has been one of the best guitarists on the planet, & he and Flea had 3-5 jam sessions a night (the non-interminable ones) that were seriously some of the most exciting music you'll hear. To be frank, you sound like less than a music fan, & a pompous one at that.

You can tell there aren't any RHCP fans in here. Josh has been with the Peppers a lot longer than just for the I'm With You album and tour. He had to replace John on the Stadium Arcadium tour after just a couple shows cause John quit. Plus he had done some work on that album before taking over for John. No Josh is no John, but he isnt your everyday guitarist either. From the sound of Dark Necessities it sounds as if he has improved and they found a way to mesh better. First thing i thought when i heard it was it sounds like Stadium Arcadium. Which imo is the best Peppers album. Grammys suggest that also. Whoever said they havent been good since mothers milk needs their brain checked. Mothers milk isnt a top 5 Pepper's album. Then again it all depends on what style of the Peppers you like.

That's not even remotely true, dude. Frusicante completed that tour, but Josh joined them on the tour.

Tags
cover live red hot chili peppers the smiths

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom