Request: Bob Clearmountain mix of All The Young People

Ryan

Notre-DAYUM!
Subscriber
Now that the 7” is out there (albeit sparingly at the moment), an mp3 rip of the a-side (and b-side, too, if possible), would be greatly appreciated.

I don’t expect this to surface for a while yet, but here’s the thread anyway.

Well, here's a crazy idea: Why don't you spend your hard earned money on a copy and rip it for the rest of us, rather than depending on the largese of others?

Well, here's a crazy idea: Why don't you spend your hard earned money on a copy and rip it for the rest of us, rather than depending on the largese of others?
Because the song is how you say.... crap? Unless it's remixed to the nth degree, I suspect it's still the same old song.

Here's an even crazier idea:
How about you and Mctwatson go f*** your hypocritical selves. Do you own any single mp3, outtake, concert or demo that relied on anyone else providing it? Of course you don't right? Get your own f***ing house in order before dictating what other people can and can't ask for you douche.

Here's an even crazier idea:
How about you and Mctwatson go f*** your hypocritical selves. Do you own any single mp3, outtake, concert or demo that relied on anyone else providing it? Of course you don't right? Get your own f***ing house in order before dictating what other people can and can't ask for you douche.

Strikes me that this track is different from outtakes, concerts and demos in one important way - it is available for purchase while the others aren't. That being said, your use of expletives and name calling certainly strengthens your argument.

Why don’t I? Probably for two reasons: I don’t own a turntable, and I have no means of converting it, even if I did, to mp3. The mix is exclusive to vinyl.

Here’s a crazy idea: don’t be a c*** without having the facts. Ah, but that would make too much sense!

I buy several copies of each 7" and have done so for a very long time. Yet my record player remains in storage and anyone who puts a .wav here is helping me no end (I've also managed to keep records sealed due to people's generosity). I've probably put more effort in to a 'purchase' than your efforts to jump on people's polite requests for assistance.
This part of the site works well and people share / contribute because they want to - not as they've been 'begged' to. They can only do that when people indicate what they're after.
They probably don't need little snide comments especially when purchasable material is available throughout these threads without you deciding to pronounce judgement on those tracks.
If you are going to take umbrage at least be thorough and consistent.
The craziest idea of all is to avoid the desperate urge to comment on something you could simply ignore because it offends your 'sensibilities' - especially knowing people will carry on without caring a damn about what you say.
Regardless and equally important: the rarities and unreleased et al are going to be collated by people here and shared too. The NHS collection is absolutely invaluable and some of us will do our damnedest to carry on sharing in a 'download' section. Your dissent is inconsequential and if that's your only contribution here, you may as well find somewhere else to vent.
FWD.

Last edited:
  • The "Rose Garden" version sounds very different from the YouTube- versions I've heard from that concert, so I think that one has been in the hands of a producer as well. No cheering before the song starts at all.

Because it was released exclusively on a prehistoric format only? Believe me if they were on iTunes i'd just click on buy and problem solved.

• The "Rose Garden" version sounds very different from the YouTube- versions I've heard from that concert, so I think that one has been in the hands of a producer as well. No cheering before the song starts at all.
that's the one I'm dying to hear,love his voice on it.

You sound surprised.
Just like the main forum!!!...What i would like to know is if anyone has heard it and how it compares to album version. Is it more like live version or different again

Yeah, we're all waiting on the same insight here...

I asked BillyBu69 this question on another thread several days ago. Here's what he said:

"It's quirky Morrisseys voice seems further back in the mix, while the incidental instrument claps, cow bells etc are louder the piano has a more pronounced echo effect. not what i'd have thought as a more radio friendly mix. Not a radical difference to be honest."

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...sey-smiths-buy.72830/page-300#post-1987079580

I asked BillyBu69 this question on another thread several days ago. Here's what he said:

"It's quirky Morrisseys voice seems further back in the mix, while the incidental instrument claps, cow bells etc are louder the piano has a more pronounced echo effect. not what i'd have thought as a more radio friendly mix. Not a radical difference to be honest."

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...sey-smiths-buy.72830/page-300#post-1987079580
Thanks for pulling this out...missed it in all the other unrelated debates going on in the threads for the remix....don't think its ever gonna break the charts but a nice curiosity all the same and looking forward to hearing Rose Garden which i always thought was one of Morrissey' better covers

Dammit.

Thanks for sharing.

F troll, stick the turntable needle into your * (hope its enough), and no more food for ya... =)

Sorry for this, i apologize, i just had a bad day i just really can't stand vinyl comeback. Some people who never knew the disadvantages of that format now recommend it like if it were evolution..it is not its a step back...

Back
Top Bottom