request re: Jobriath

henrymac

Hi folks, long time lurker from Ireland - first time poster. Big Moz fan.

I was wondering if anyone could share the unreleased Jobriath demos with me. I see a few posts from back in the day - unfortunately so long that the links are expired. Having scoured the web, I've come to the realization that this may have been the only place (or few places) they have been shared.

I've come across a few names in articles....

Girl Of The Night
Weightless (a better quality version of that which is on youtube?)
New York, New York (? Not totally sure about this one)
The Actor Loves Himself (found one link on a site to stream but not download)
No Need To Cry
Velvet Goldmine

Any tracks or any information would be greatly appreciated.

I hope that all is well with everyone and that you are keeping as well as possible in this current climate. We'll get through it. Take good care and keep blasting the good tunes. Best wishes to you all.

Hi folks, long time lurker from Ireland - first time poster. Big Moz fan.

I was wondering if anyone could share the unreleased Jobriath demos with me. I see a few posts from back in the day - unfortunately so long that the links are expired. Having scoured the web, I've come to the realization that this may have been the only place (or few places) they have been shared.

I've come across a few names in articles....

Girl Of The Night
Weightless (a better quality version of that which is on youtube?)
New York, New York (? Not totally sure about this one)
The Actor Loves Himself (found one link on a site to stream but not download)
No Need To Cry
Velvet Goldmine

Any tracks or any information would be greatly appreciated.

I hope that all is well with everyone and that you are keeping as well as possible in this current climate. We'll get through it. Take good care and keep blasting the good tunes. Best wishes to you all.
I can't say I'm a huge collector of his, but have got bits and bobs over the many years sharing Moz stuff here.
I do have the Elegant Man collection, but the quality may be what you've already heard - not brilliant.

job.jpg

I can't recall the source, but they are not YT rips I believe.
I've not heard a studio quality version of Weightless ever.
Not sure about Velvet Goldmine - the film being inspired by him maybe, but not ever a song by him of that title?
If you want the above, let me know,
Regards,
FWD.

(I think @joe frady might cast his eye over them too..).

Thank you, greatly appreciated!

I bought the album with the Bottom Line Live cuts included as a bonus, but I haven't heard of the two Cole Berlin numbers in the middle column above. If it was possible, I'd love to get a copy of those two and Actor Loves Himself. Thank you so much.

The Velvet Goldmine is an interesting one for sure... It's difficult to know what's real and what isn't - I've been seeing a lot of things on forum posts. Definitely could just be confusion with the film. I've also seen mention of a cover of Drive In Saturday.

Here's an interesting discussion + a mention of what seems to be a higher quality version of Weightless Love.

Thanks again.

Ps. is your version of Sunday Brunch a youtube rip from the English documentary?

You're welcome, Punk ;)

Glad my memory is still working :)
Thanks for the above.
Regards,
FWD.

(will post the aforementioned mp3s this evening).

Thank you, greatly appreciated!

I bought the album with the Bottom Line Live cuts included as a bonus, but I haven't heard of the two Cole Berlin numbers in the middle column above. If it was possible, I'd love to get a copy of those two and Actor Loves Himself. Thank you so much.

The Velvet Goldmine is an interesting one for sure... It's difficult to know what's real and what isn't - I've been seeing a lot of things on forum posts. Definitely could just be confusion with the film. I've also seen mention of a cover of Drive In Saturday.

Here's an interesting discussion + a mention of what seems to be a higher quality version of Weightless Love.

Thanks again.

Ps. is your version of Sunday Brunch a youtube rip from the English documentary?

No idea re:sources.
IIRC, Geocities a long time ago?
Regards,
FWD.

Thank you so much, greatly appreciated. Looking forward to listening to these for the first time - I've been searching for a long time. Great that there are people out there willing to share. Thanks again folks. Stay safe.

Tags
jobriath
Back
Top Bottom