Rhino to release "The Queen is Dead" 10" for Record Store Day in the UK

Rhino are re-releasing The Queen Is Dead on 10" for record store day 16/04/2011

Record Store Day - April 16, 2011

Exclusive product

The product listed is available only for purchase in the UK stores listed. You are advised to check with your local store as to availability as not every store will stock all titles.

Product may be made available outside of the UK dependent upon record label policy and you are advised to contact your local record store.

The Smiths
The Queen Is Dead

10" LP. Re-print of The Smiths masterpiece The Queen Is Dead. Lovingly re-worked onto 10" by master vinyl-cutter Frank Arkwright, the record served as a blueprint for thousands more to come and its poignant social and political musings are as relevant today as they were 30 years ago.

Update: April 14, 6:30 AM PT:
Rhino news of release, limited to 1500. Link posted at The Smiths official Facebook page.

Last edited by a moderator:
They did this years ago around 1996. I have the 10" of Queen is dead and Strangeways and Meat is Murder. Not sure if they did any others though.

Who give a toss about this contrived collectors shite! Why cant we get the deluxe edition that Marr scuppered!

Like e.o else, I am tempted to quote Paint a Vulgar Picture: this is hardly interesting.

You've clearly missed the point of Record Store Day. The idea is to promote independent shops which numerous artists support by reissuing singles or LPs, or releasing new material; what better band to promote independent music than The Smiths? It's a really great idea and can be a lovely day if you have good record shops in your city that'll make a big deal out of it.

And the album will be remastered - just as the Rhino 12" reissue is.

I bet that Morrissey will respond via TTY not to buy it

[it's only UK release, and wilkl not benefit from this record via Rhino]

Dunno if the money problem with Joyce is solved, but I dare to write
Marr and Morrissey are not involved

anyway what's the difference between the record in 1986, me
thinks that OK

nuff said:(

I give a shite. Please, tell me where I can get this in the US without paying far too much on ebay???

ask a friend here on this site from the UK, and make a deal

USA is bit different about releases, but via a recordshop, and you have the
code of the record, they can order it for you, but I would prefer someone
in the UK, me thinks people enough who want to help you

good luck

[I'll pass, the official vinyl is OK and I have it on CD too though I never listen to a
whole CD, I prefer bootlegs, or choose 30 songs, that will do a few days, not that
much time after the pc, and in the morning I never have music, just take a peek-a boo
for half an hour, now I have music playing, from Beethoven [sister I'm a poet/the Loop
Jack the Ripper, those 3 in a row are the best on that album]

' and if it's the last thing I ever do...]:guitar:

Last edited:
Stupid Rhino, where is the second smiths singles box!!

I agree with most people on here....pointless release. The songs have been made and won't sound any different, no matter what format its on. It's still Marr on the guitar, it's still Morrissey singing, it's still Rourke on Bass, it's still Joyce playing the drums...."What Difference Does It Make?" :p

Like e.o else, I am tempted to quote Paint a Vulgar Picture: this is hardly interesting, unless you are an avid collector of all things Smiths. It would be more interesting to hear the album remastered, possibly with bonuses, instrumentals, outtakes etc. I am thinking of the work that was done on Pet Sounds (/the Beach Boys).

http://davidikus.blogspot.com
http://davidranc.com

The songs don't need any work. They are the songs that saved our lives! What else do you want them to do?

They did this years ago around 1996. I have the 10" of Queen is dead and Strangeways and Meat is Murder. Not sure if they did any others though.

Yeah, Warners issued the lot. One each week. I have them all: The Smiths, Hatfull of Hollow, Meat Is Murder, The Queen Is Dead, Strangeways Here We Come, The World Won't Listen, and Rank - ** all SIGNED BY JOHNNY MARR! ** My fried was the bass player in Marion when the releases were issued, who as you may be aware produced their second album The Program. My mate very kindly asked Johnny to sign them!! Good eh?

"Lovingly re-worked onto 10" by master vinyl-cutter Frank Arkwright, "

Does anyone know if Frank worked at WEA when they released this album as a 10"?

Dave

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom