Riff magazine Alexander Baechle: IANADOAC review (March 16, 2020)

Yeah - it takes his art seriously, which is rare in amongst the bilge about his 'outbursts' & how no good art can be made by a 'rich white man' written by someone who will never come close to making any kind of art for as long as they live.**

**but I'm not bitter.

Between the pandemic, the death of the Labour Party & a bunch of privileged middle-class hacks thinking they're punching up at the queer singer who whinged a bit about militant Islam & wore a f-king pin - I am more depressed than a Morrissey song.

Wait! Did I just read a review of Morrissey’s new album that didn’t mention his political views & call him a far-right nazi?

unbelievable!

but seriously, a review that actually focuses on the music; why isn’t this the norm?

sounds like this person actually listened to the record.

Great, constructive review, about the actual music. Loved it.
My favourite bit though, which had me in stitches laughing was in relation to Jim Jim:

Morrissey disqualifies himself from every counseling job on earth with the shocking chorus: “If you’re gonna kill yourself, then to save face, get on with it.” No less, he follows it up with the sample-ready refrain, “just kill yourself.”

Just brilliant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great, constructive review. Loved it.
My favourite bit though, which had me in stitches laughing was in relation to Jim Jim:

Morrissey disqualifies himself from every counseling job on earth with the shocking chorus: “If you’re gonna kill yourself, then to save face, get on with it.” No less, he follows it up with the sample-ready refrain, “just kill yourself.”

Just brilliant.
yeah,liked that bit.imagine Morrissey trying to talk you down from a very tall building.M with his megaphone shouting GET ON WITH IT YA COWARD.

From what I've read so far, and this review really highlights my assumption, is that this album is more contained. I've mentioned it before on here, but I do feel like WPINOYB and LIHS were two of the same albums and would have benefitted from just being one as they are quite politically led. I think it would have been better to have that and then another album with the b-sides we've had since WPINOYB.

Anyway, looking forward to IANADOAC - I love the sounds and lyrics I'm hearing!

I've listened to the album a handful of times now, and it's a rejection of Low in High School sounds and themes, but not as political as World Peace.

Great review that actually focused on music and Morrissey's musical legacy. Refreshing. I like how positive or negative, this album is provoking reviewers. Morrissey is on top of his game rn?

Not sure where to put this but it might not be too easy to get the Moz album on vinyl:

It's surreal.

Still, China is going to permanently ban live animals from markets, so it may help animal welfare standards.

I must live in the 70's. £21.99 PLUS postage for a single black vinyl? Are they sure they're charging enough?
What were the 70s like then

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain review

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom