San Diego, CA - Copley Symphony Hall (Nov. 10, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

William, It Was Really Nothing / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Is It Really So Strange? / Hairdresser On Fire / When You Open Your Legs / Sunny / How Soon Is Now? / Back On The Chain Gang / The Bullfighter Dies / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Dial-a-Cliché / Jack The Ripper / Break Up The Family / Hold On To Your Friends / Something Is Squeezing My Skull / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Life Is A Pigsty / Everyday Is Like Sunday

Setlist provided by Alexi (scan)

Last edited:
Ok. Wow. There appear to be 5 or 6 videos of the incident, and so many here must be looking on small phones. Let me state what the evidence shows. In at least two of the videos, it clearly shows Morrissey wasn't even punch - it was close, but no contact with his face. Two, in at least on the wider shot videos shot from the balcony, the fan clearly stumbles during his approach, hence the rough appearance of his failed hug. People need to pay closer attention, and take Jesse's word that Morrissey was not punched. #punchgate

Pigsty back -- very appropriate.

Watched the "punch" video a bunch of times. If you look at better quality clip you can see the security guy getting a hold of the fan's left hand as the guy continues to run toward Moz. When he wrestles his balled hand free it springs forward as he reaches out to Moz and unintentionally bops him in the face, with no recoil of Morrissey's head. Just a shambling bozo fan who probably hasn't tried to move that quick since high school gym class. No foul.

mox.png

"William it really was much ado about nothing…….
More muckraking from the former journalists at Pitchfork and NME today.
We realize it’s difficult to afford investigative journalists these days so I guess we’ll have to forgive them.
That’s probably why they have lowered themselves to get their music news from TMZ these days. Lol.
Spin even lowered themselves to do it too!!
Pitchfork had to re-post their earlier story with edits after more info came out.
2nd time in a week they claimed to have reached out to us for comment when they have indeed not reached out to us for any comments to their stories.
And thanks to Carlos Rodriguez, the M fan who jumped onstage, for setting the story straight in his post that it wasn’t a punch.
Apparently Pitchfork and NME can’t read either. - PK"

Articles referred to:
Footage appears to show Morrissey being attacked while performing on stage in San Diego - NME.
https://www.nme.com/news/music/foot...hile-performing-on-stage-in-san-diego-2401222

Previously posted Pitchfork article:
Morrissey Concert Stopped by Stage Crasher - Pitchfork.
https://pitchfork.com/news/morrissey-attacked-onstage-at-san-diego-concert/

Picked up by UK tabloid:
MOZ'S HIT SHOW.
Morrissey punched in the face as concertgoers stormed the stage during his US gig.
The singer did not return to perform the rest of his performance or take part in any meet-and-greets after being bundled off the stage by security - The Sun.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/7715962/morrissey-punched-in-face-us-gig/

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

William, It Was Really Nothing / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Is It Really So Strange? / Hairdresser On Fire / When You Open Your Legs / Sunny / How Soon Is Now? / Back On The Chain Gang / The Bullfighter Dies / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Dial-A-Cliché / Jack The Ripper / Break Up The Family / Hold On To Your Friends / Something Is Squeezing My Skull / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Life Is A Pigsty / Everyday Is Like Sunday

Setlist provided by Alexi (scan)

Love Manzur's bulge. What a hunk!

View attachment 46363

"William it really was much ado about nothing…….
More muckraking from the former journalists at Pitchfork and NME today.
We realize it’s difficult to afford investigative journalists these days so I guess we’ll have to forgive them.
That’s probably why they have lowered themselves to get their music news from TMZ these days. Lol.
Spin even lowered themselves to do it too!!
Pitchfork had to re-post their earlier story with edits after more info came out.
2nd time in a week they claimed to have reached out to us for comment when they have indeed not reached out to us for any comments to their stories.
And thanks to Carlos Rodriguez, the M fan who jumped onstage, for setting the story straight in his post that it wasn’t a punch.
Apparently Pitchfork and NME can’t read either. - PK"

Articles referred to:
Footage appears to show Morrissey being attacked while performing on stage in San Diego - NME.
https://www.nme.com/news/music/foot...hile-performing-on-stage-in-san-diego-2401222

Previously posted Pitchfork article:
Morrissey Concert Stopped by Stage Crasher - Pitchfork.
https://pitchfork.com/news/morrissey-attacked-onstage-at-san-diego-concert/

Picked up by UK tabloid:
MOZ'S HIT SHOW.
Morrissey punched in the face as concertgoers stormed the stage during his US gig.
The singer did not return to perform the rest of his performance or take part in any meet-and-greets after being bundled off the stage by security - The Sun.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/7715962/morrissey-punched-in-face-us-gig/

Regards,
FWD.

The goal for the lefties media was of course to celebrate that the "racist nazi" got a good beating hopefully by some fan with their views. This is the thing with lefties in general that they pretend as if they are the good guys but deep down they love violence and in fact have to use it to force home a belief shared by very few out there.
They really are the kind of people who when they fail to have a good argument think they can win it anyway by shouting the loudest and they do all the time.
The common thing lefties have is that they tend to come from very broken homes where alcohol and drug abuse is always part of family life somehow. You'd think being on the bottom of the social ladder would inspire them to become better people than their surrounding and upbringing but instead it only serves to create the monsters that they are but they can never see it themselves.
We have skinny who constantly celebrates the use of violence but does he ever use violence on others himself?
I think he knows that if he did he would have far too much to lose and since he has a bit of cash saved up he also knows that the more you have the more you pay to the victims and to the state.
Even the few that left broken homes and got an education and great jobs and so on are still forever tagged by the past and it always shows cause it seems they are truly unable to leave that mentality behind.
The rest of us will always see where they come from cause it is always so painfully obvious not least when they open their mouth.
There are people who would celebrate Moz being killed who spent a big part of their life following his every move. I think that kind of conflict always ends in mindless violence and crime.

So, to be clear here, no one was trying to punch a Nazi?

Hey, Skinnybob, how the f*** are you not banned? I've been banned for quite a while now, just for posting Morrissey videos on a Morrissey fansite. Granted they were all posted in the general forum. However, all you do is post crap and/or abuse other members/anons. So???

What f***ing meet and greet??! Based on signing some stuff once in Manila...

2 of the bandmate's partners were in the audience.
Lyn:
20181112_040426.jpg

Nicole:
43820615_759654424381295_6095654712841047826_n.jpg

44752433_251369502224975_3759074014289344917_n.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
I feel sorry for the fan. he must feel so bad. all he wanted was a hug from my sweetums and was just a little too excited about it, cant say I blame him.

Which is the highest res copy of the concert poster for SAN Diego? Cheers

From what I recall, fans hit Mick Jagger on stage during one particularly frenetic gig. I don't know whether this was a regular occurrence in their hey day. I don't condone it but I can understand why it happens. I think it may have been while he was singing Lady Jane. I got confused, I killed a horse, I can't help the way I feel!

What a storm in a tea cup. The guy clearly was just drunk and over-zealous. Once security had him Moz should have stayed on the stage. By walking off he has made the story grow legs...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom