SER denies driving car, names officer in FB comments; Morrissey quoted in Metro.co.uk article

Update: Sam has just written in his facebook page (comment in the photo post) it was not him driving the car and he was not in italy at the moment. What the hell?

This is getting more and more ridiculous.

Links posted anonymously:

Sam Esty Rayner Photography Facebook comment (July 7):
The Italian newspapers state, on behalf of Roma Polizia, that the driver of the car was Sam Esty Rayner.

Sam was not the driver; was not in the car; was not in Italy on the date of the incident.

Also earlier:

Sam Esty Rayner Photography Facebook comment (July 5):
The police officer who attacked Morrissey at 7.45 pm on July 4th in Rome, Italy, is named Barone Raffaele.

40322_ser_fb_comments.jpg

Link posted by an anonymous person:

Morrissey claims he was ‘terrorised by police officer who drew his gun’ - Metro.co.uk

Excerpt:

The state police website claimed Morrissey had an attitude from the outset and was astonished he had not been recognised.

It added police were eventually able to identify him after making further inquiries.

Morrissey told Metro.co.uk: ‘Yes, I had an attitude – of someone being provoked. I do not expect anyone anywhere to know who I am. If this is all the police can say in their defence, then you must draw your own conclusions.

‘If this can happen to me on a busy, daylight street in Roma, then Italy places itself right up there with Syria in terms of moral stability.

‘With armed psychopaths free on the streets of Roma, then incoming migrants will soon be storming Italian borders to get back to Libya.

‘Italy’s ranking as 126th most dangerous country in the world has now shifted to number 1.’

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_2412.jpg This is the state of the 'No Entry' and pedestrian zone signs outside the Nike store (from Google Streetview). If they haven't been fixed I can see how a driver could easily not see that they are prohibited. This sign is in the left and there is no sign on the right that I can see.
IMG_2412.jpg

I wouldn't think it to be M driving - but it's gotta be Damon, right? Who else would M be alone with on his off time?

With himself?
Alone? No, that would be unthinkable, or not? :straightface:

<update>
Sam not driving , Moz not driving ...

Where is Sam getting his info from ? Maybe from the mystery driver?

Did the cop have the gun in his hand? or just have his hand on the gun while sill in holster?

Not that much different, but a gun held out of the holster would be EXTREMELY RIDICULOUS in a bad way.

Where is Sam getting his info from ? Maybe from the mystery driver?

Did the cop have the gun in his hand? or just have his hand on the gun while sill in holster?

Not that much different, but a gun held out of the holster would be EXTREMELY RIDICULOUS in a bad way.

The whole thing is getting increasingly bizarre. If SER didn't take the photo of the policeman--the one he posted on a FB site bearing his name--who did? And why is there not one iota of additional film/photos of the whole 35-minute event emerging? No passersby posting to social media? Not a one? So, so odd.

Without being too coarse, my initial thoughts regarding mysterious men in cars with Moz who might not be his nephew: he was doing a Kenny Williams and going abroad as it is easier to pick up 'lads' without prying eyes.
Then again, he could just be making an album in Rome...
Currently watching Elvis in the precursor to Scooby Doo: 'Tickle Me'.
FWD.

View attachment 41823 This is the state of the 'No Entry' and pedestrian zone signs outside the Nike store (from Google Streetview). If they haven't been fixed I can see how a driver could easily not see that they are prohibited. This sign is in the left and there is no sign on the right that I can see.View attachment 41823

It's kind of a shame, having a beautiful city with so many tourists and those pathetic destroyed traffic signs.

Without being too coarse, my initial thoughts regarding mysterious men in cars with Moz who might not be his nephew: he was doing a Kenny Williams and going abroad as it is easier to pick up 'lads' without prying eyes.
FWD.
Elvis on a dude ranch!
Speaking of dudes, if Morrissey cared about being discovered with a male companion, wouldn't the whole excursion be designed to not draw attention (no speeding, no wrong-way driving, more deference to the police?) Again, I'm really thrown by the lack of any other photos of the event. Perhaps Scooby Doo and the rest of the folks in the Mystery Machine could solve this one.

You and I both know this only has one ending.

With a multi million world-tour.
That's never going to happen. If he ever did agree to doing a reunion he would ruin it. Why? Because that is the thing that would get more attention, and would play into his image. A triumphant reunion tour would really botch everything he's made his career about for the past 30 years. But cancelling a run at the 02 and blaming it on someone or something would really generate headlines. I can see him taking an advance and fleeing to some South American country without an extradition process but I can't see him getting up there and calling something The Smiths.

FWD.

:rolleyes:That sounds juicy but I think Moz is much more discreet for whatever he'd be doing , besides of that I think 7:45 pm is a little too early ...

:rolleyes:That sounds juicy but I think Moz is much more discreet for whatever he'd be doing , besides of that I think 7:45 pm is a little too early ...

Bastille, Mozzaleum
stock-yard, church yard
your mammy's backyard
I don't care WHEN or WHERE
I just care that you're THERE :p
Can't blame him!

I don't know why people are befuddled about the whole second person thing. i doubt the police would be telling the whole world what the persons name is considering nothing happened to do so in the end, we know Morrissey was there because he started the whole thing off. and people thought it was sam with him because he got involved.

Last edited:
If any of the things Moz said, quoted in the Metro article, is true he's gone. And on a plane.
Could be any destination.
Even back to LA. Or UK. He'll be safe there from prosecution by possible morons from Italy.

I expect a full report from the Aztec organization,when he arrives at LAX, don't leave out details like the black Mercedes and the driver.
What has been recorded so far can always be used and mixed with some new songs, somewhere in LA or Malibu?
Aunt Nancy will take care of him in in it? :thumb:

FWD.

Well, he did walk away leaving the driver there to deal with it. There could be many reasons for why he walked away, but one could imagine that he wouldn't walk away from the driver if this driver was someone he cared about, or would he? :lbf: oops! fuel for the trolls. So when he walked away (out of the many reasons)one reason could be... that he didn't know the driver that well, a stranger? Or most likely just felt he could go because who ever this driver is he or she can take care of themselves just fine. My thought is that he was just so freaked out and angered by the cops actions that he wasn't really thinking at all and just wanted to get out of there.

That's if it's true that the cop held him that long with his hand on his gun which is a threat to kill. As M has stated that he did fear for his life.

Maybe the shit storm of vague information is designed to distract from the movie about him released this week?

You and I both know this only has one ending.

With a multi million world-tour.
I'm sad to say you are probably right. Everything comes down to money. Religions, governments, music. Depressing how everyone falls into the same boring hole of emptiness, even our once greatest heroes.

I believe you mean... A well-deserved multi million world-tour.

:thumb:
Haha but Moz doesn't deserve millions. No singer or actor or artist does. The c***s are overpaid, while regular working class heroes spending their days minding mentally or physically impaired kids are paid minimal wage or paid nothing at all. f*** multi millionaire whinging gits. Moz should be dropped into Syria. Let's see him compare it to Italy then. Stupidity at that level is unforgivable.

or promote it ? Ah! So M does have a finger in the 'EIM' pie. ;)

More like he has one in the BIM. BREXIT is MiNE pie. :rolleyes:
On a side note, as the movie EIM feels a bit nostalgic and seems to capture a sense of longing, pointing to a mutual feeling many youths had in that timeframe, to say England IS mine, is there anywhere in England a sense, a longing amongst the youthful for that now? Or the opposite?

I saw some comments of youngsters being very disappointed with BREXIT as they saw some of their future plans being destroyed.
Of course most of them had dreams about going abroad in Europe for some years and they are in a way a privileged minority but still.
They said things like feeling European, but still feeling proud too, to be British.
I can't remember anyone of them saying wanting to go to the US, although there must be some of them too? :confused:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom