Shirley Manson (Garbage) Attacks Morrissey For Defending K.Spacey & H.Weinstein - Alternative Nation

Iconic 90’s Rock Singer Attacks Morrissey For Defending Kevin Spacey & Harvey Weinstein - Alternative Nation
By Brett Buchanan - Nov 19, 2017.

Excerpt:

"Garbage frontwoman Shirley Manson has reacted to former Smiths frontman Morrissey defending Kevin Spacey and Harvey Weinstein following the sexual assault allegations against the two Hollywood titans.

Manson tweeted, “Morrissey has lost the f***ing plot. Weinstein + Spacey unfairly attacked? For rape, sexual abuse+coercion etc. f*** U Morrissey! f*** YOU.”"

Regards,
FWD

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
She's condemning rape and then says "f*** you!" Bit insensitive Shirley, poor choice of words.

Ouch! That had to hurt!!!

I had to google this woman :oops:

WOW :crazy:
upload_2017-11-20_3-21-31.png

Garbage had a few decent songs 100 years ago. She's entitled to her opinion but let's face it: accusations do not equal guilt. Gossip does not equal truth. All Morrissey said was that sometimes accusers have ulterior motives. He wasn't saying abuse never happens; he wasn't saying manipulation is OK. He was saying he wasn't there, and there is ambiguity. He was explicit in his non-approval of rape and coercement so f*** off if you can't read, Shirley.

why she talking trash ?

Because he also said in that same interview... 'rape is disgusting, every physical attack is repulsive' and 'I hate rape. I hate attacks. I hate sexual situations that are forced on someone.'

everything in context.

lost the plot. time to give up on it yourselves, the lot of you, with this lionization of artists/businessmen. the runner of this site would be on the right side of history if he took it down altogether. not likely but it would be awesome. we should stop lionizing talentless cretins.

why she talking trash ?

Because he also said in that same interview... 'rape is disgusting, every physical attack is repulsive' and 'I hate rape. I hate attacks. I hate sexual situations that are forced on someone.'

everything in context.

Apparently she can’t read.
But she can tweet.
Like a canary.

Apparently she can’t read.
But she can tweet.
Like a canary.
The problem we have in the current world at the moment (apart from the press printing only what they want to) is, people are not considering everything that has been said before they make a judgement. And then unfortunately commenting publicly.

and these people saying this shit are exactly the reason why you need to question the credibility, as morrissey did, of people claiming other people to be rapists, especially at this moment in time. here we see how quick people are to use that word, knowing full well the damage it can do to a persons life or career, even when the claims are completely unfounded. i dont think people calling morrissey a rapist does anyone any good. disgusting behaviour.

Yes, please continue defending Morrissey no matter what he says, It's the Mozbot way. And if you haven't heard of the band Garbage that really says more about you than them. I don't think they're going to replace One Direction or Justin Bieber on your bedroom wall too soon but they have been around a long time and are pretty well known.

I understand a lot of people are upset and I am in no way defending what was said, however...

this interview was from Morrissey in English > interpreter > German > google translate back to English. I know the basis is there, but just something to consider...

Does anybody else feel as if this doesn't really add up? He doesn't participate in full length print interviews for years, billboard and rolling stone only get short email interviews. But this somewhat unheard of German magazine gets a full interview? strange.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom