Shirley Manson (Garbage) Attacks Morrissey For Defending K.Spacey & H.Weinstein - Alternative Nation

Iconic 90’s Rock Singer Attacks Morrissey For Defending Kevin Spacey & Harvey Weinstein - Alternative Nation
By Brett Buchanan - Nov 19, 2017.

Excerpt:

"Garbage frontwoman Shirley Manson has reacted to former Smiths frontman Morrissey defending Kevin Spacey and Harvey Weinstein following the sexual assault allegations against the two Hollywood titans.

Manson tweeted, “Morrissey has lost the f***ing plot. Weinstein + Spacey unfairly attacked? For rape, sexual abuse+coercion etc. f*** U Morrissey! f*** YOU.”"

Regards,
FWD

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Unsure. But you can research for yourself. I found this in about two seconds....Wikipedia is sometimes reliable, sometimes not, but the sources it links to can provide one with clarity, leads, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Year's_Eve_sexual_assaults_in_Germany

The wonderful people of Berlin will be pleased to know that this incident which occurred in Cologne has relegated it to become the Rape Capital. Capital of what we haven't established yet. Just waiting for Moz to elaborate...

I thought he just died from natural causes. You'd think he'd have enough on his plate without adding his tuppence-worth to the latest Morrissey furore.

• mwbattery: "my 2 best scottish pals shirley manson and chris connelly"
www.instagram.com/p/yAIJwrEvXJcvf9frSI-DnUbAv_JmEpewZkEpI0

10919427_1404392613193123_1196239492_n.jpg

i can see 1 2 3 ginger nuts. :(

I think some people are getting way bent out of shape w/this.

# 1 - Matt isn't leaving b/c of this. He's doing his most important work musically (ever, unless there's great stuff unreleased) as a part of the band here. From the statement that I (and I'm sure the rest of you) read, Manson missed the mark on Morrissey's point. We're getting out of control w/judgement. Sometimes, our opinions really don't matter that much, like back-in-the-day when you had to earn the right to express them (and earn the right to have real listeners) in a 'forum' type environment. I think more people need to close their mouths until what they have to say is very valid and pertinent (and helpful too!).

# 2 - Morrissey's statements were spot on regarding people's opinions on $ex and the convenience of hindsight. Slightly callous regarding the 14-year-old's treatment, but was still accurate about the responsibility of the individual who puts themselves at risk. He even mentioned the minor's parents, b/c you have to when dealing w/minors.

GREAT new record by the way. Only clunker for me is the closing track (not into the repetition of verses like that). Girl From Tel-Aviv is one of Moz's greatest solo songs. Again, great GREAT record! :)

I know its over.

I don't think jumping to 'he's a rapist' makes much sense, but when you look deep down you know these comments are very disturbing. I had looked to Morrissey to speak truth to power with many issues. In fact, he made these political opinions part of his show (Meat Is Murder, Gangload, intro videos, etc). Clearly he has a worldview and expects his fans to share in his thinking as he creates his music. So now we are to try to throw away some statements as inflammatory and 'fake news' thinking we the fans know beyond his statements? Bullshit.

I'm hoping for a retraction or an apology. Surely the young man who wrote 'The Headmaster Ritual' can't now believe those same kids in an adult's bedroom 'are aware of where that can lead to'. But I'm not holding my breath. It is now Morrissey who is out of touch and on the wrong side. And I'm not going to follow him on this one.

f*** right off.

Last edited:
The same Shirley Manson who loudly defended Chrissie Hynde's comments that her own gang-rape at 20 was her fault, and that women today are often "asking for it" by the way they dress? Pick a consistent opinion, Shirley.

The same Shirley Manson who loudly defended Chrissie Hynde's comments that her own gang-rape at 20 was her fault, and that women today are often "asking for it" by the way they dress? Pick a consistent opinion, Shirley.

No she didn't.

"Yeah, so she was high on drugs and yeah, she was wearing a short skirt, but I still don't think she played a role in being victimized. What I took from hearing her speak on the subject, even though I disagree entirely with how she chose to speak on the subject, I think what she's struggling to say is just be alert, and be careful at all times. It doesn't guarantee safety, but it can, you know... just be careful. That's what I think she's trying to say. But if somebody is vile enough to want to hurt another person, they will. Doesn't matter what you're wearing, what you're doing, where you walk, how you walk. They will do what they want to do. That's how I feel."

Is it just me or is there a deliberate attack on Morrissey in the media right now?
I mean its always been there but right now its really excessive?
I feel like everything he says gets taken out of context or they're sound bites and not the full story...
Your right. It is just you.

It makes me laugh reading people attack Garbage or Shirley Manson for being relevant way back when etc as if that makes any difference. Same could be said of Moz too then. Oh and Morrissey, stop talking shite, please

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom