Smiths/Moz in Manchester Jukebox?

Still ILL

Does anyone know if there are any pubs near Piccadilly/City Centre in Manchester that plays Smiths/Moz on their Jukebox? :D

Cheers

how come you wasn't at the Cameo the other night, a X was marked in the book at your lack of attendence!

Jump a train to Oxford road station from Piccadilly (or walk it's no mean feet), there's pub underneath the station (well a couple actually) not the 1st one but the 2nd one under the Arch, I can't mind the name just now, if it comes back to me I'll do ab edit. That one has/had Smiths on the jukebox.

love

Grim

Jump on a 17 bus to The Marble Arch, on Rochdale Rd. Usually has a couple of Moz/Smiths albums on, as well as Vegetarian Society Approved Ales to sup. If the trams are running (they are going down for 3 months at the end of June), get the Bury tram from Piccadilly, get off at Shudehill and walk for 5 minutes down Rochdale Rd (away from city). Pub on left hand side, near new apartment blocks. It has a sloping floor, so don't sit on a stool!

Or you may wish to try Cask, on Liverpool Rd. Again get on a tram (if running), this time get either an Eccles or Atrincham one, and get off at Gmex. From here make your way down the steps (past tubed bridge to Deansgate train station). Make your way in the direction of the big skyscraper (Hilton), and look for the road adjacent the hotel entrance. Cask is on the left.

Or...try Corbierres on Half Moon Street, but you might have to sit through 20 Oasis and Stone Roses songs before yours gets played. This is hard to find, but very central. Head to Cross Street and ask someone. It's on Half Moon Street, to the left of the Royal Exchange Theatre (a back street). Looks for the bins and head downstairs.

Good Luck

Picture050-1.jpg

Forget the rest, THIS is THE best jukebox in Manchester - as modelled by Morrissey-solo's very own Sister Steve and Lilybett.
Twenty Smiths / Morrissey tunes on there and lots of Madchester / indie, punk / new wave and glam songs too. And three Bob Dylan singles as well:cool: And we are talking pure vinyl here, not that CD nonsence....

It is free to play - just bring your own beers and be willing to share them with me. :)

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
Picture050-1.jpg

Forget the rest, THIS is THE best jukebox in Manchester - as modelled by Morrissey-solo's very own Sister Steve and Lilybett.
Twenty Smiths / Morrissey tunes on there and lots of Madchester / indie, punk / new wave and glam songs too. And three Bob Dylan singles as well:cool: And we are talking pure vinyl here, not that CD nonsence....

It is free to play - just bring your own beers and be willing to share them with me. :)

Jukebox Jury

VERY COOL! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom