Stop all this madness!

Bagpuss

I'm one of the old school having clung to Mozzer's denim handbag since Hand in Glove punched me in the face! I have a group of 12 Moz mates, who still, after all these years dare to believe Moz is still the genuine article. We all love him, but of the group, I am the only world-weary degenerate who window shops at any of the Moz sites. What I have witnessed recently is beyond belief. Moz, justifiably in my opinion given the unbridled hatred unleashed by certain trolls, showed Solo the red card. Ok time to move on I thought? Oh no. Can't believe the crap I have read recently. Being a Moz fan was always like following a football team (it's probably a Northern England working class thing which few can even dream to comprehend) but all this inner turmoil amongst Morrissey fans is leaving a very nasty stain on the man and his music. My mates and me will continue to adore SPM for what he is and what he stands for. I trust others take the same route, before they drown in their own egotistical bile. As Sid James very nearly said "grow up."

father_ted.jpg

...Co-incidences!!!!
I have just started working on a new film script, called "Carry On Cancelling", in which a faded 80's superstar decides to make a comeback.
So far "on board" ( as we say in filmland....)
are
Barbara windsor as Julia
Bernard Bresslaw as "Shirt throwing" Moz
Charles hawtrey as the biggest girls blouse on the planet
Vin Diesell as Johnny Joyce
And Marl Lamarr as Mary O' Marr
Its a knockabout. slapstick comedy set in various arenas and theatres, where the Star of the movie continually exclaims "oh...I just cannot go on...."
and a huge cast of "Extras" provide the Canned laughter ( at their own expense, naturally...)
the ghost of Sid James turns up, and says "yuckn yucn yucn, fah fahh fnarrrr..." and they both go to Rome to make a follow up movie called "Confessions of a Pasolini-ite"....

I'm one of the old school having clung to Mozzer's denim handbag since Hand in Glove punched me in the face! I have a group of 12 Moz mates, who still, after all these years dare to believe Moz is still the genuine article. We all love him, but of the group, I am the only world-weary degenerate who window shops at any of the Moz sites. What I have witnessed recently is beyond belief. Moz, justifiably in my opinion given the unbridled hatred unleashed by certain trolls, showed Solo the red card. Ok time to move on I thought? Oh no. Can't believe the crap I have read recently. Being a Moz fan was always like following a football team (it's probably a Northern England working class thing which few can even dream to comprehend) but all this inner turmoil amongst Morrissey fans is leaving a very nasty stain on the man and his music. My mates and me will continue to adore SPM for what he is and what he stands for. I trust others take the same route, before they drown in their own egotistical bile. As Sid James very nearly said "grow up."

This all sounds very Last Supper. So what's for dessert? :p

:clap:
VERY well said although sadly, I'm afraid your words are wasted on the few left regularly posting here. Good to see a voice of reason among the nastiness nonetheless. He has no lack of decent people supporting him, they just don't seem to be here. And with good reason these days - given the overwhelming presence of spiteful egomaniacs circlejerking among themselves and a tiny fawning audience of idiots, trying to see who can drag dear Moz through the most shit-covered broken glass. It's a shame and Morrissey deserves better than what this site gave, and continues to give him.

:clap:
VERY well said although sadly, I'm afraid your words are wasted on the few left regularly posting here. Good to see a voice of reason among the nastiness nonetheless. He has no lack of decent people supporting him, they just don't seem to be here. And with good reason these days - given the overwhelming presence of spiteful egomaniacs circlejerking among themselves and a tiny fawning audience of idiots, trying to see who can drag dear Moz through the most shit-covered broken glass. It's a shame and Morrissey deserves better than what this site gave, and continues to give him.

Don't you have a fake blog to keep up?

Hey Bagpuss, You know I think you have point. After all, the only thing that really matters are the albums and there is a real danger of all the other stuff getting in the way of enjoying the music. I wish that he would make fewer public statements and more records (and more gigs. I was on holiday so missed all the London concerts). I think Morrissey makes his fans suffer what with daft announcements and the rest.

at least people still have a sense of humour - take a bow u clever swines! let's face facts, morrissey is an enigma & contrary so-and-so and will forever remain so - thank the lord. in a world of dull and corporate whored pop sensations, he is a little light of free thinking & handsome wonder. the day i bought the queen is dead on its release, still ranks (no pun intended) as one of the greatest of my life. i even found my way into "all men have secrets" (only bought by 4 people and one of those was an old lady from yorkshire who thought it was entitled "all men secrete") as testament to my adoration for the man. i just think all this cr@p is tainting the man himself. guess as oscar mild wrote, "each man kills the thing he loves." oh well....

Hey Bagpuss, You see, my postion is that whilst I love the records I have very little interest in the man himself. Is this a viable position? After all in most other areas of art, the artists output is all there is and they are judged by what they produce. Is seems that only with modern pop that we seem to focus on the artist rather than what they do best. Why should we be suprised that Moz talks rubbish, he's a singer, not a philosopher, there are pholosphers who do that. Personally I blame John Lennon for starting it all. A great singer and songwriter but a real gobshite.

peter b, that is a very intersting angle and one I completely respect. i love the art of the chapman brothers for example, but i once had the misfortune to meet them and they were tw@ts! i just think with moz (personal opinion of course) it's difficult to separate the man from his music. i once thought maybe it was an all act, but i come to the conclusion, the songs reflect him as a person. in a wildean way, moz puts all his life into his songs and the rest is mere conjecture and gossip.

Yes!

father-dougal.jpg

I wouldn't say words are wasted just it's been said before... every week it appears someone comes on and yells at others on here for not being as good or big of a fan as they are.

I do like Morrissey a lot. I call myself a fan even if I only possess an 8 year old black canvas bookbag and not a denim one. :(

peter b, that is a very intersting angle and one I completely respect. i love the art of the chapman brothers for example, but i once had the misfortune to meet them and they were tw@ts! i just think with moz (personal opinion of course) it's difficult to separate the man from his music. i once thought maybe it was an all act, but i come to the conclusion, the songs reflect him as a person. in a wildean way, moz puts all his life into his songs and the rest is mere conjecture and gossip.

Hey Bagpuss, I think you're right, Moz and his music are more connected than with most artists. Did you read the bit about Dermot o leary where he says that when they were off air he was normal and courteous. I'd like to think that, as you say, he's simply playing the game, and if you or I met him, he wouldn't assume any airs or graces.
So you met the Chapman brothers? What was the context? Were they really tossers? How hilarious!

this aint a deabte who is the biggest moz fan or not - what a heinous debate that would be! yeah i met the chapman brothers at the tate in 1869 and they were pretentious & smug & so BBC2 it was horrific. I've actually met Moz 3 times and he never let me down. peter b, if only all moz fans were like you my friend. respect.

this aint a deabte who is the biggest moz fan or not - what a heinous debate that would be! yeah i met the chapman brothers at the tate in 1869 and they were pretentious & smug & so BBC2 it was horrific. I've actually met Moz 3 times and he never let me down. peter b, if only all moz fans were like you my friend. respect.
Hey Baspuss, Thank you very much for that. Respect to you aswell. Have a great weekend!

Hey Bagpuss, dear Bagpuss
Old Fat Furry Catpuss
Wake up and look at this thing that I bring
Wake up, be bright, be golden and light
Bagpuss, oh hear what I sing

Anybody I know who has met Morrissey, and I know quite a few, have said that he was uniformly kind and courteous. There are not many in the public eye that the same could be said of. Still, carp and moan on..

i met moz 3 times as i said, and he always been beautifully kind. i love the man. end of. i know peeps who have met him too and they say the same. the media want to destroy him and i think it sooooooooo sad.

Let's post some nice pictures of Moz to counter the sillines of recent weeks. Here's a few old ones to remind us of happier times....

tumblr_ljlo0s6T5o1qj04zmo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lia379Au8U1qgqdsxo1_500.jpg

tumblr_li5r94Yg0E1qgqdsxo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lgkybhdLNK1qcw5xjo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lcqpibJPUv1qfn777o1_400.jpg

tumblr_lc6khmxWfJ1qap55ao1_500.jpg

This childish attitudes demonstrated through the site, the lack of ability to perceive humour and the epic ignorance are the reasons why this site is on its last legs. There's no point blaming Morrissey, or a blog, or trolls, or me for telling you the truth. Look to yourselves if you want someone to blame. Ask yourself why you enjoy living in and among sewage all day. You are all as much to blame for this disgusting site as anyone else.

Hey Bagpuss, dear Bagpuss
Old Fat Furry Catpuss
Wake up and look at this thing that I bring
Wake up, be bright, be golden and light
Bagpuss, oh hear what I sing

bagpuss-431x300.jpg

This childish attitudes demonstrated through the site, the lack of ability to perceive humour and the epic ignorance are the reasons why this site is on its last legs. There's no point blaming Morrissey, or a blog, or trolls, or me for telling you the truth. Look to yourselves if you want someone to blame. Ask yourself why you enjoy living in and among sewage all day. You are all as much to blame for this disgusting site as anyone else.

& don't blame bagpuss....look at that face :)

bagpuss-431x300.jpg

Back
Top Bottom