Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Neither especially strange nor unexpected, so just a heads-up for the Moz-heads really...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000pz18

...for your next stifled Friday night, BBC4 is showing the 3rd of May 1990 BBC1 broadcast of "Top of the Pops", featuring Morrissey performing "November Spawned a Monster".

Moz Nov Pops.jpg

My favourite ever Moz TOTP appearance.

Utterly solo & utterly magnificent.

The Ne Plus Ultra...the absolute zenith...of The Quiff.

Putting the 'pomp' in 'pompadour'.

Putting the 'dour' in 'pompadour'.

As if Eraserhead was doing Elvis on Meth Night at the local karaoke.

Suitable for all levels of tiers.

Suitable for all levels of tears.

Neither especially strange nor unexpected, so just a heads-up for the Moz-heads really...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000pz18

...for your next stifled Friday night, BBC4 is showing the 3rd of May 1990 BBC1 broadcast of "Top of the Pops", featuring Morrissey performing "November Spawned a Monster".

View attachment 66065

My favourite ever Moz TOTP appearance.

Utterly solo & utterly magnificent.

The Ne Plus Ultra...the absolute zenith...of The Quiff.

Putting the 'pomp' in 'pompadour'.

Putting the 'dour' in 'pompadour'.

As if Eraserhead was doing Elvis on Meth Night at the local karaoke.

Suitable for all levels of tiers.

Suitable for all levels of tears.

It would be great if someone could press 🔴 REC on their VCR for this as it'll hopefully be of better quality than the available YouTube clips.

Do you think he or any of his personal hairdressers (past or present) would be willing to contribute to this ambitious endeavour? And how do you even go about explaining what happened in 1997 - or as we quiffologists refer to it: The Dark Ages?

Sure they would! They want their 15 minutes too.

You can just expand upon and make up things like Johnny Rogan did for his book.

:cool:

Screenshot_20201201-214822.jpg

Possibly Morrissey related if he's inferring a likeness.
Regards,
FWD.

Fascinating. Maybe my memory is mashed but í wasn't aware it was Mr Bridgwood on Preggers, always just assumed it was Mr Day.
Good to have a more concrete idea of exactly when it was recorded. After 30 years.

Seem to recall, from the "Creem" interview of April/May 1991, that "I've Changed My Plea To Guilty" was also recorded in December of 1990. Could Jonny B have played on that also..?

Fascinating. Maybe my memory is mashed but í wasn't aware it was Mr Bridgwood on Preggers, always just assumed it was Mr Day.
Good to have a more concrete idea of exactly when it was recorded. After 30 years.

Seem to recall, from the "Creem" interview of April/May 1991, that "I've Changed My Plea To Guilty" was also recorded in December of 1990. Could Jonny B have played on that also..?

Gary is listed as bassist on both sleeves but Goddard mentions Bridgwood for Pregnant For The Last Time (citing an interview with him as one of the sources for that entry).
And indeed the Creem interview, conducted December 1990, has Moz mentioning "...over this last week at the studio I wrote and recorded the best song, in my mind, that I have ever recorded, I've Changed My Plea To Guilty".
(What a great interview by the way, thanks for giving me an excuse to revisit.)

So it seems likely that Bridgwood played on both and the credits given on the sleeve are once again completely incorrect (Whyte didn't play guitar on Pregnant and Spencer didn't drum.)

Gary is listed as bassist on both sleeves but Goddard mentions Bridgwood for Pregnant For The Last Time (citing an interview with him as one of the sources for that entry).
And indeed the Creem interview, conducted December 1990, has Moz mentioning "...over this last week at the studio I wrote and recorded the best song, in my mind, that I have ever recorded, I've Changed My Plea To Guilty".
(What a great interview by the way, thanks for giving me an excuse to revisit.)

So it seems likely that Bridgwood played on both and the credits given on the sleeve are once again completely incorrect (Whyte didn't play guitar on Pregnant and Spencer didn't drum.)

It is a sumptuous interview. 30 years? wtf, etc..

So, squeeze me, Spencer didn't drum on Preggers goes pop? Who did? Choice of 4 ~

A. Paresi
B. Joyce
C. Ringo
D. E Riff

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom