Talkhouse podcast: Idles singer wouldn't support Morrissey (May 28, 2020)

How is a band comprised of five white guys 'inclusive'? Half of them should resign immediately, and be replaced by persons of different races/gender. Maybe get someone disabled in as well. :unsure:
Ironically Morrissey's band is more inclusive, currently counting 50% non-white members.

Idles are a poor man‘s Pissed Jeans but with more money and less good songs. They also make a point of being pro-EU which is contradictory for a band that claims to be left-wing, but not unsurprising as most middle-class hipsters don’t even know what their own politics are outside of writing ‘I hate Tories’ on Twitter 3 times a week.

At least Morrissey's band has some gender diversity:
tumblr_m4bnguISbn1rrjsmeo1_500.jpg

Personally never heard of him or them as I feel everything is shit after 1990. Morrissey been only constant since then.

Bands like these need to feed the Guardian and NME things to print so why not say the most predictable thing, same as everyone else says. I would have more respect for today's artists if they had the balls to question anything.

One current topic is a good starting point. Do the media challenge the Government? They can't rub two brain cells together in fear of their career. Morrissey challenges people to question, then make your own mind up.

You have to be Latino to get in, though. Not really all that inclusive.

I honestly fail to understand how any POC doesn’t take issue with his politics or antics. I’m sure his band members have rationalized it all... but not really sure how they can “separate the artist from his art”.

I honestly fail to understand how any POC doesn’t take issue with his politics or antics. I’m sure his band members have rationalized it all... but not really sure how they can “separate the artist from his art”.

I'm sure the paychecks help.

Ahhh Morrissey apologists. May you never pull your heads out of your asses. It's just too much fun to watch you not understand the world around you.

Ahhh Morrissey apologists. May you never pull your heads out of your asses. It's just too much fun to watch you not understand the world around you.
But Morrissey is cool and Joe Talbot isn't.

Morrissey is a sensitive celibate bachelor who spends his days in his bedroom reading poetry, prose and conspiracy theories online.

How cool is that?

What the F. ? Who is idles. You know what? I don't care to even bother to serch.

But Morrissey is cool and Joe Talbot isn't.

Morrissey is a sensitive celibate bachelor who spends his days in his bedroom reading poetry, prose and conspiracy theories online.

How cool is that?
You know this isn’t 1985 anymore, right? He’s none of those things anymore. Except the conspiracy theory part.

They know the real artist & they'll know his real opinions. If they don't have a problem it'll be because he's ok.

You know this isn’t 1985 anymore, right? He’s none of those things anymore. Except the conspiracy theory part.
A love of poetry and prose remains with one for life.

He had always been au fait with politics and world affairs - but older fans seem to have only discovered this.

I hate the term "virtue signalling" because it suggests being a decent person is somehow an attention-seeking behavior, but this video should just he called Hipster - "Virtue Signalling."

But then how extraordinary that the fellow spends the entire video flashing the well-known white supremacist hand gesture?

But then how extraordinary that the fellow spends the entire video flashing the well-known white supremacist hand gesture?

From Wikipedia:
"Danny Nedelko" is a song by British punk rock band Idles. The track was the second single ... with immigrants to the United Kingdom, while posting with the "OK" hand gesture as an attempt to reclaim the gesture back from white nationalists.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom