The good ol days of the 2004 CD-R promos

darby1974

Is it me, or was it way more interesting collecting the Cd-r promos around the 2004-06 era. There were 4 different LMKY's to track down, 3 or 4 FOTGTD's to try to find, then, the holy grail Cd-r's HSIS-2004 and NOCHACTO.
I see they are much more boring these days. Just plain white borders if we are lucky, but usually just regular same cover of the lp or single.
The prices have dropped as well.
I have always wondered why Morrissey never played "It's Hard To Walk Tall" live accept for the Janice Long show in 04 or 05.
One of the best B-sides I think..
End rant

Re: The good ol days of the 2004 Cd-r promos....

Is it me, or was it way more interesting collecting the Cd-r promos around the 2004-06 era. There were 4 different LMKY's to track down, 3 or 4 FOTGTD's to try to find, then, the holy grail Cd-r's HSIS-2004 and NOCHACTO.
I see they are much more boring these days. Just plain white borders if we are lucky, but usually just regular same cover of the lp or single.
The prices have dropped as well.
I have always wondered why Morrissey never played "It's Hard To Walk Tall" live accept for the Janice Long show in 04 or 05.
One of the best B-sides I think..
End rant

Not sure what your point is. They're still out there to track down and harder than ever to find, which makes collecting more fun. Stick a HSIN, NOCHACTY, IHFJ, & 4-Track LMKY on eBay and see how much the prices have dropped!

Not sure what your point is. They're still out there to track down and harder than ever to find, which makes collecting more fun. Stick a HSIN, NOCHACTY, IHFJ, & 4-Track LMKY on eBay and see how much the prices have dropped!
I didn't say I gave up looking for them. I did track them down and have them accept the IHFJ alt cover cd-r. Which I am still looking for.
What I meant by prices have dropped is that the Istanbul, World Peace, Kiss Me A Lot, Best Of Smiths cd-r's etc... are no where near as collectible or expensive as the 04-06 cd-r's.

I remember when the first Istanbul CD-r hit eBay and it was a big deal, Naturally no one knew how many were in circulation at that time so they done well in auction. Now they hit eBay by the bucket load. I do agree it's been a while since we've had anything new to get excited about in the collecting world as regards to Morrissey. Cant collect anything if he's not putting any material out. Thought we might have at least got a 7" single from WPINOYB

I remember when the first Istanbul CD-r hit eBay and it was a big deal, Naturally no one knew how many were in circulation at that time so they done well in auction. Now they hit eBay by the bucket load. I do agree it's been a while since we've had anything new to get excited about in the collecting world as regards to Morrissey. Cant collect anything if he's not putting any material out. Thought we might have at least got a 7" single from WPINOYB

A post on here by "GRIMOPZ" promised us some nice cd-r's but despite agreeing prices on several items nothing as happened. Anyone else have any joy? I have been after the HSIN cd-r for ages and was getting close to landing it but the silence is deafening!!!

A post on here by "GRIMOPZ" promised us some nice cd-r's but despite agreeing prices on several items nothing as happened. Anyone else have any joy? I have been after the HSIN cd-r for ages and was getting close to landing it but the silence is deafening!!!

But you would only be attempting to sell it on ebay for £350 or something equally extortionate.
You are not a collector, you are a trader.
This is the collectors corner pal, there is a section for people like you, it's called the marketplace.

But you would only be attempting to sell it on ebay for £350 or something equally extortionate.
This is the collectors corner pal, there is a section for people like you, it's called the marketplace.

At the end of the day the buyer dictates the value. If you want something badly enough you'll pay for it. Can't blame any seller for wanting top dollar.

This!!

A glorified tout.

In 2009-10, the "Post you recent buy" thread was blowing up..

At the end of the day the buyer dictates the value. If you want something badly enough you'll pay for it. Can't blame any seller for wanting top dollar.

I have nothing against the market dictating the value, no problem at all.

It is a completely different thing to create an account here and try to pass himself off as a collector (with a user name made up of lyrics from a Smiths song for added effect), when in reality all he is trying to do is flog Smiths/Morrissey related stuff on ebay for a huge profit.

In 2009-10, the "Post you recent buy" thread was blowing up..

Well, that's quite probably because I have stopped buying stuff and posting photos on a weekly basis. :lbf:

Joking aside, as you probably know, several people who used to post regularly on the collectors corner were driven away by trolls and generally unpleasant individuals who at times frequent these forums.
As for me, I have not been buying that much lately, but that is largely because the gaps in my collection are now significantly smaller and the items I am interested in don't turn up all that often.

Yes, you are quite right, collector turned trader. I have made no secret of that to be fair though I do still keep the odd gem tucked away. I genuinely have been looking for that HSIN promo for ages and want it to keep not sell. By the way, I offered £300 for it and was told I was outbid so your £350 shout ain't too bad...sure know your stuff irregular fella!!

I have nothing against the market dictating the value, no problem at all.

It is a completely different thing to create an account here and try to pass himself off as a collector (with a user name made up of lyrics from a Smiths song for added effect), when in reality all he is trying to do is flog Smiths/Morrissey related stuff on ebay for a huge profit.

Selling items for profit, god damn this capitalist world we live in. If you were to sell a rare Smiths record on ebay would you let the market decide or would you pop it on there nice and cheap. You live in the real world I take it, as do the rest of us, unless up north you go to market and barter your pig for some corn or whatever.

Selling items for profit, god damn this capitalist world we live in. If you were to sell a rare Smiths record on ebay would you let the market decide or would you pop it on there nice and cheap. You live in the real world I take it, as do the rest of us, unless up north you go to market and barter your pig for some corn or whatever.

We may well trade in pigs up north, but you surely cannot read, or maybe you can and it is your comprehension skills that are the issue...
Or perhaps 'down south' this has a different meaning:
"I have nothing against the market dictating the value, no problem at all."
(in response to "at the end of the day the buyer dictates the value. If you want something badly enough you'll pay for it. Can't blame any seller for wanting top dollar.")

We may well trade in pigs up north, but you surely cannot read, or maybe you can and it is your comprehension skills that are the issue...
Or perhaps 'down south' this has a different meaning:
"I have nothing against the market dictating the value, no problem at all."
(in response to "at the end of the day the buyer dictates the value. If you want something badly enough you'll pay for it. Can't blame any seller for wanting top dollar.")

Eh up lad, I'm from the midlands as it goes, nout wrong with some pre Chrimbo banter though. I've had sack fulls of abuse on here and I secretly love it, long may it continue.

£350 for a HSIN cdr, i'd hardly call it extortionate. I'm selling my copy for One guinea & Half a crown, you in?

Seriously tho we'd all love to find a test pressing in the back of a magazine for £20 but it's not 1984. I personally think it's the likes of IR that drive people away from the collectors corner & marketplace on here, (no offence IR but Solo is full bitchy comments) I've seen a lot of occasions where sellers have posted on here and been driven away.

Seriously tho we'd all love to find a test pressing in the back of a magazine for £20 but it's not 1984. I personally think it's the likes of IR that drive people away from the collectors corner & marketplace on here, (no offence IR but Solo is full bitchy comments) I've seen a lot of occasions where sellers have posted on here and been driven away.

No offence taken, none at all.
You are a c***, no offence meant of course.

Back
Top Bottom