The Killers’ Brandon Flowers on Morrissey: “He’s still a king” - NME

Amen.

The Killers’ Brandon Flowers on Morrissey: “He’s still a king” - NME

Excerpt:

Brandon Flowers of The Killers has revealed a few of his favourite artists, or “kings” as likes to refer to them.

“Brandon has many kings,” Killers drummer, Ronnie Vannucci told NME right before their Glastonbury Pyramid Stage headline set.

“Yeah, I have about fifteen kings. Liam [Gallagher] is one of them.”

Listing other stars he admires, Brandon went on to namecheck “Don Henley, Peter Gabriel, Morrissey would be a king, Bono would be a king, Springsteen would be a king.”

Asking about Morrissey‘s problematic politics, Flowers replied: “He’s still a king. He’s unparalleled in what he’s achieved and his prowess and his lyrics and his sense of melody, it’s just incredible. I forgot he was in hot water though, so I shouldn’t have brought him up.”

Now all we are waiting for is Johnny to stand up and defend Moz ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say that it's kind of thrilling for Morrissey to be tweeting a picture of Johnny!

On Twitter, I saw one response which described the photo as, "..When you see your ex with his new bf but you're pretending to be cool with it." :lbf:

I have to say that it's kind of thrilling for Morrissey to be tweeting a picture of Johnny!

Or is it Peter Katsis posting that tweet?

Anyway, what’s between Morrissey and Marr the love between the two, a love called The Smiths and what was created by them will never be tarnished by the Guardian, Twitter,etc..

I reckon blimey blood hell you lots are delusional wackos. First, The California Son was born in the San Fernando Valley, Moz Angeles, so he is American and his parents were Irish Catholic immigrants so there is no way he could be "king" of Brittin. Also, Air Morrissey does not tweet and neither does lil' Sammy or Pete. The interns rotate tweeter duty. When are you foreigners going to go home.

steve prez.jpg

Last edited:
On Twitter, I saw one response which described the photo as, "..When you see your ex with his new bf but you're pretending to be cool with it." :lbf:
Brandon is his ex bf? Didn’t know that! Who is the other guy? Wondering...

Lol “problematic” that’s leftist speech for not towing the line and being a good little sheep. How dare you not accept Islam and it’s stance of death to gays and putting women in black sheets. It’s about the most unliberal idea on the planet yet Europe has been brain washed that if you don’t accept it you’re hateful. No! Arabs are the biggest victims of Islam, it’s not about race. It’s about that crap book and it’s crap ways.

Of what? Not being number 1? Not selling tickets? Not having a way of making money from his fans? Losing sales? Of being a racist? Help me out here.

Glad to see you admit to needing help.

There is a massive difference between being called racist and being racist. These days it is impossible to express an opinion on anything without being called something ending in -ist or -phobic. It is shutting down rational debate.

Of what? Not being number 1? Not selling tickets? Not having a way of making money from his fans? Losing sales? Of being a racist? Help me out here.

Sure. You're an internet little Hitler inspiring hate on a fan forum; deludedly fighting fascism whilst all the time behaving like a fascist yourself.

Politics without action is less than worthless. By all means bully people online for the art they like - but your posts accomplish precisely nothing.

Glad to see you admit to needing help.

There is a massive difference between being called racist and being racist. These days it is impossible to express an opinion on anything without being called something ending in -ist or -phobic. It is shutting down rational debate.
Utter rubbish. Look up the word in the dictionary. It has a definite meaning. And Morrissey fits that meaning.

I honestly have never heard of this brandon flower person. but giggled at someone on this forum comparing him to a hollywood waiter. that was very funny to me.

on a somewhat related matter, i was very disappointed to see the artist st. vincent (a real life friend of mine) appear in a car commercial. I haven't told her though. I might this weekend.
You never heard of Brandon Flowers? All credibility gone.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom