"The light has gone out – it's time we stopped giving Morrissey attention" by Fiona Sturges

• Thread starter Deleted member 29235
  • Start date
Last edited by a moderator:
Just like the article about the rapper, it just brought more attention to Morrissey’s views, which Morrissey and planet earth thanks you for.

Always one with the reasoned response. That's absolutely right, planet earth thanks Morrissey. I bumped into planet earth last night (at a local gig - nothing to write home about) it told me it fully intended to thank Morrissey tomorrow. Some people think you make this stuff up but not me. I have the proof. From the planet's mouth, as it were.

I suspect we'll see more and more ex-fans (journalists or not) make their feeling known. I appreciate that some here say that each ex-fan says roughly the same and that there is nothing new to be gleaned. I'd agree, in part. My agreement is the concerning bit. Each of these ex-fans have distanced themselves from Morrissey due largely to his political beliefs and how he has morphed into something quite unrecognisable from the Morrissey of the past. His attitude always stank but he was never quite so blatantly racially offensive. There were many inferences, of course, but now he has cast inference aside instead preferring to make bold, racist statements time and time and time again.

Ex-fans. I am one. I wish it wasn't so but there you are.

Moz speaks the awkward truth. They will never leave him alone for it.

I will say that I prefer the virtue signaling of the left than the false equivalencies of the right.

Every time For Britain sees an opportunity to coopt M's social capital, they will pounce. The effect is a slow dilution of M's social capital and that is actually quite terrible. Don't cede even a millimeter of your legacy and power to the lady who should be working at Greggs.

All of this is exacerbated by a one man idiot brigade on the payroll.

LOOK. LOOK. A BLACK.

I suspect we'll see more and more ex-fans (journalists or not) make their feeling known. I appreciate that some here say that each ex-fan says roughly the same and that there is nothing new to be gleaned. I'd agree, in part. My agreement is the concerning bit. Each of these ex-fans have distanced themselves from Morrissey due largely to his political beliefs and how he has morphed into something quite unrecognisable from the Morrissey of the past. His attitude always stank but he was never quite so blatantly racially offensive. There were many inferences, of course, but now he has cast inference aside instead preferring to make bold, racist statements time and time and time again.

Ex-fans. I am one. I wish it wasn't so but there you are.

He's really not making bold, racist statements though - he repeated a few conspiracy theories about church burnings & crimes being covered up that he appears to think are facts (& Rotherham was a cover-up for long enough, so there's a grain of truth), he's against halal slaughter, he complained about the rhetoric around the Manchester bomb fudging that it was terrorism & he thinks mass immigration will dilute our cultures & bring about ethnic conflict (which is pessimistic, but not directly bigoted)... he keeps saying he's not racist & he does seem genuine about that (even though he's said terrible things - he's not aware of it).

He's really not making bold, racist statements though - he repeated a few conspiracy theories about church burnings & crimes being covered up that he appears to think are facts (& Rotherham was a cover-up for long enough, so there's a grain of truth), he's against halal slaughter, he complained about the rhetoric around the Manchester bomb fudging that it was terrorism & he thinks mass immigration will dilute our cultures & bring about ethnic conflict (which is pessimistic, but not directly bigoted)... he keeps saying he's not racist & he does seem genuine about that (even though he's said terrible things - he's not aware of it).

"everyone ultimately prefers their own race"

I will say that I prefer the virtue signaling of the left than the false equivalencies of the right.

Every time For Britain sees an opportunity to coopt M's social capital, they will pounce. The effect is a slow dilution of M's social capital and that is actually quite terrible. Don't cede even a millimeter of your legacy and power to the lady who should be working at Greggs.

All of this is exacerbated by a one man idiot brigade on the payroll.

LOOK. LOOK. A BLACK.

This is very true.

He needs to put real distance between himself and Anne Marie Waters.

He also needs to get rid of whoever does his social media/website because I don't believe he has anything to do with it. He'd be on Twitter, joining one of the tribes & arguing about politics if he was computer savvy at all.

And he needs to get someone who can accurately interpret & explain what people are angry at him for. Moz lives in some psychodrama of his own & he has no clue exactly what he's been accused of or why.

I love his work enough to not want to see him spend his old age getting hated & hounded. I'd rather he knuckled down & got some delicacy back into his writing.

Moz makes akward statements. The truth seems to elude him. He was content to use the media when on the rise. The media now reports his pitiful decline.

He always hated the media. Facing what others think of him seems to make him squirm even if it's mostly nice. I think he knows he talks nonsense but he can't help it.

"everyone ultimately prefers their own race"

That was a garbled way of saying that people are tribal & we're all guilty of sometimes putting group interests before anything else. Of course someone should have looked at it & realised it was the perfect damning pull quote, but he doesn't seem to have a PR.

when was the last time any pop star actually said anything,theyr like an army of tailors dummies all lined up being coached in what to say in interviews, scared stiff incase they slip up and say something controversial.at least the video game industry hasn't succumbed to this yet,anybody who has played grand theft auto 5 knows the makers will say what they like which is why its the biggest selling thing ever in digital media,this years call of duty is the most controversial yet because of a level set in a house in London,controversial but fantastic.

Once there's a media narrative about someone they have to work very hard to get away from it (& actively provide a more exciting alternative) because every word they say will get sifted to add to the story. Anything that mitigates or contradicts gets removed & anything that confirms gets amplified, because that's what they want.

Some of my Facebook friends believe he was huge success with the skinheads at Madstock because a hack got it wrong & now it's more evidence for them to repeat, even though he got heckled off & refused to play the next day.

Tags
fiona sturges the independent

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom