The new Morrissey album - what do we actually know about it?

And still no announcement of the album! It's frustrating.

Yes, it is.
Let's speculate a little bit.
Could it be postponed to not interfere with the sales and renewed interest in "The Queen Is Dead" special in all kinds of formats?
To avoid people thinking, well I can't have it all so to be on the save side I will buy " The Queen"?
The publicity and renowned interest in what is seen as the great masterpiece of The Smiths could be injecting interest in Morrissey's latest new album, but to release it now would also start all these comparisons. Maybe better to wait and let the tension build up.
The more likely it will be judged positive and receive critical acclaim.
What do you think, is there some reason in this?
Regards!

Maybe no announcement because there is no label. He may have been shopping it but the incident in Rome put an end to whatever interest there might have been.
How can you expect an album announcement when there is no label signing announcement.

Yes, it is.
Let's speculate a little bit.
Could it be postponed to not interfere with the sales and renewed interest in "The Queen Is Dead" special in all kinds of formats?
To avoid people thinking, well I can't have it all so to be on the save side I will buy " The Queen"?
The publicity and renowned interest in what is seen as the great masterpiece of The Smiths could be injecting interest in Morrissey's latest new album, but to release it now would also start all these comparisons. Maybe better to wait and let the tension build up.
The more likely it will be judged positive and receive critical acclaim.
What do you think, is there some reason in this?
Regards!

That could very well be the case.

Maybe no announcement because there is no label. He may have been shopping it but the incident in Rome put an end to whatever interest there might have been.
How can you expect an album announcement when there is no label signing announcement.

He wouldn't recorded the album without the deal. I think Trojan Records is the label as the logo has been posted on his Facebook page on his birthday May 22.

He wouldn't recorded the album without the deal. I think Trojan Records is the label as the logo has been posted on his Facebook page on his birthday May 22.

Probably so. Could be about when the label wants to release or maybe it'll be timed with the announcement of new shows which seems imminent

And still no announcement of the album! It's frustrating.

The rumour I heard was that they wanted to wait for all the 'England is Mine' publicity to die down, and I guess now they have the Queen is Dead reissue stuff going on. Hopefully, we'll get some official news by the end of August...

I heard blah blah blah, though it could be blah blah blah, etc.....

We dont know if hes recorded an album either. That post was two months ago and there has been no official announcement of Moz signing with Trojan. He also posted photos with several record executives and nothing.

With the film England is mine just released, it would be the perfect moment to announce the new album.
But nothing! It really seems to be off, I'm afraid. :-(

With the film England is mine just released, it would be the perfect moment to announce the new album.
But nothing! It really seems to be off, I'm afraid. :-(

Someone mentioned that the opposite was the case i.e. that England is Mine publicity would detract from a new Morrissey album so they're better off waiting for it to all die down. I think I probably agree. Newspapers/websites can only justify so much Morrissey coverage, and whilst they're focusing on the film it would be to the album's detriment.

Someone mentioned that the opposite was the case i.e. that England is Mine publicity would detract from a new Morrissey album so they're better off waiting for it to all die down. I think I probably agree. Newspapers/websites can only justify so much Morrissey coverage, and whilst they're focusing on the film it would be to the album's detriment.

The movie publicity would detract from a new album, and its better to wait for it to die down? LOL
There is no album.

I can't wait!! Don't keep us in suspense. A little peak wouldn't hurt.

Back
Top Bottom