The new Morrissey album - what do we actually know about it?

Guessing you are non-UK based because he's already had several number 1 albums over here. At least two with the Smiths (a studio one and a best-of) and three as solo (Viva, Vauxhall, Ringleader) so a #1 is really more of an expectation than a fantasy. His stock remains pretty high in the media and, if reviews are good and a single gets decent airplay (Radio 2 often puts them on their a-list) he will feel he's got a good chance. The UK sales he's likely to get (30,000-50,000) would mean #1 much of the year but no chance the second week after a T Swift album is released.

Sorry Maurice, I wasn't clear.
I know he had number 1 hit albums with The Smiths and as a solo-artist in the UK.
Never with a single though.
But not in the States which still is a big market although even there sales have dropped enormously due to internet, digital downloads, Spotify, etcetera.

You are right, I am not UK based but live in The Netherlands.
So therefore I could miss certain information.

I agree with you there is still a chance he breaks through and becomes a big name, saleswise.
He has access to media and it is certainly not a fantasy. But he is different compared to your average popstar, isn't he? And I just like that. :thumb:

I don't care myself how his music is appreciated or not, many songs that were criticised I really like. I secretly hope he stays the ultimate cult-icon popstar he is. No compromising to become some sort of Bono style figure. :squiffy: I can't imagine that would happen.

Of course I hope he gets what he wants, if he is still as obsessed with a number 1 in the charts as every body assumes.
Cheerio :thumb:

Are you just baiting Brummie Boy with this one? :thumb:

Yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,yes!!
He likes to! :brows:
But most of the time posters bore him to death. ;)
But, when he is inspired, he will produce a text meandering on and on, slagging of Moz, me, Moz-Solo, the entire human race, religion, atheism, the universe, and it will be funny!
Maybe I am a bit of a masochist.:(

Apologies for reigniting one's own thread.
Just wanted to add that here we are on the eve of the first single's first play, and all we have is the name of the single ('Spent the day in bed') and a rumoured name of just one other song on the album, 'All the young people' (and that was only from a picture on a tweet, since deleted).
Normally by this point, we'd have had the full album track-listing. Wonder why the caginess. Maybe it lessens the chances of songs being leaked. Oh well, we'll surely hear the names for all the songs soon enough, within the next week or two I expect.

Apologies for reigniting one's own thread.
Just wanted to add that here we are on the eve of the first single's first play, and all we have is the name of the single ('Spent the day in bed') and a rumoured name of just one other song on the album, 'All the young people' (and that was only from a picture on a tweet, since deleted).
Normally by this point, we'd have had the full album track-listing. Wonder why the caginess. Maybe it lessens the chances of songs being leaked. Oh well, we'll surely hear the names for all the songs soon enough, within the next week or two I expect.

Hoping that after this single is played on the radio, the label will feel the need to go into action... Like allowing pre-orders of LIHS and actually allowing people to download the single (strange how nothing has been mentioned about that so far).

It looks like we have a track-listing (from MPorium):
  1. My Love, I’d Do Anything For You
  2. I Wish You Lonely
  3. Jacky’s Only Happy When She’s Up On The Stage
  4. Home Is A Question Mark
  5. Spent The Day In Bed
  6. I Bury The Living
  7. In Your Lap
  8. The Girl From Tel-Aviv Who Wouldn’t Kneel
  9. All The Young People Must Fall In Love
  10. When You Open Your Legs
  11. Who Will Protect Us From The Police
  12. Israel
'Home is a question mark' was a song title from about 10 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom