Morrissey Central "THE NEXT DAY" (February 26, 2021)

0-7_wqtgbe.jpg
0-8_j9babz.jpg

:rolleyes:
FWD.

Related items:

Last edited:

is making Morrissey look; he has never been in the same league as Bowie or McCartney.

league?

In regards to popularity, one can also say that Morrissey is not in the same ‘league’ as a Lady GaGa or whoever is the modern day equivalent, though, where ‘stars’ like these will not stand the test of time, artists like Morrissey, McCartney and Bowie will.

Amen
league?

In regards to popularity, one can also say that Morrissey is not in the same ‘league’ as a Lady GaGa or whoever is the modern day equivalent, though, where ‘stars’ like these will not stand the test of time, artists like Morrissey, McCartney and Bowie will.

league?

Morrissey has never achieved the level of enormous mainstream success that Paul McCartney / David Bowie / Mick Jagger etc have, that's just the truth. And yes, of course his legacy will last long after most of today's pop stars have faded but that wasn't my point.

funny how all the remaining fans now discuss "vinyl charts" instead of the real charts. :drama:

last time it was Scotland charts instead of UK :crazy::crazy:

Morrissey has never achieved the level of enormous mainstream success that Paul McCartney / David Bowie / Mick Jagger etc have, that's just the truth. And yes, of course his legacy will last long after most of today's pop stars have faded but that wasn't my point.

Troll statistics.:blushing:
please ignoreo_O

who is no 1 in the UK TODAY??

MOZ💪

WHO??

MOZ💪

SAY IT AGAIN!!

MOZ💪

:lbf:

league?

The Lady GaGa camp is only concerned with ... who let the dogs out..

The Smiths are more popular in death than they ever were in life, the same thing will likely happen to Morrissey.

I thought the Moz photo was genuine (with the record Photoshopped in) until I saw this. Now I'm just cringing at how daft Sam is making Morrissey look; he has never been in the same league as Bowie or McCartney.

Just for the record, the edit wasn't made by Sam.
'Theworldwontlisten_official' posted it on Instagram weeks ago.

If Sham Yeasty Rainman had a clue he'd stop wasting his time on photoslop and waste his time instead putting together a 3hr documentary on The Smiths & Moz. God knows he probably has access to a load of rare footage. He should do something useful during lockdown. And Moz should record a new album. Even if he has to release it himself. Creative urges should dictate their efforts. Not commercial urges like releasing sub-par cover versions.

league?

When you talk about standing the test of time, what's your interpretation of that?

Yes, but they were lucky enough to come from a different time 60’s-70’s that enabled them to leave a larger footprint on pop culture, not to say that they weren’t talented, but timing and place is everything, almost.

You said it wasn’t your point. I’m not being argumentative when I ask then what was your point?

I mean, I and others could take your initial comment as saying that Morrissey is lesser an artist and not as important
as the other artists you mentioned simply because he wasn’t able to write and release a song like Yesterday in the 60’s or like Bowie, write and release a song like Let’s Dance in the 80’s. Morrissey has done pretty good in his time, taking into consideration his unique vision, and so he could never really fall under the category of mainstream, and even to his own chagrin will most likely always be labeled ‘alternative’.

Morrissey is in a league all of his own.

Incomparable.

Yes, but they were lucky enough to come from a different time 60’s-70’s that enabled them to leave a larger footprint on pop culture, not to say that they weren’t talented, but timing and place is everything, almost.

You said it wasn’t your point. I’m not being argumentative when I ask then what was your point?

I mean, I and others could take your initial comment as saying that Morrissey is lesser an artist and not as important
as the other artists you mentioned simply because he wasn’t able to write and release a song like Yesterday in the 60’s or like Bowie, write and release a song like Let’s Dance in the 80’s. Morrissey has done pretty good in his time, taking into consideration his unique vision, and so he could never really fall under the category of mainstream, and even to his own chagrin will most likely always be labeled ‘alternative’.

Incomparable.
Unlike every other artists you’ve touched on, Morrissey has never written a song in his life.

When you talk about standing the test of time, what's your interpretation of that?

He will be remembered and be a source of inspiration for a type of songwriter for generations to come.

He will be remembered for his lyric, his voice, his art and his very unique being and those things will be a source of inspiration and comfort for a certain type of artist and music fan for generations to come.

Incomparable.

The big difference between the 60's/70' and now is that people have far more access to information about an artist today. Back then it was, in the main about the music with bit of scandal appearing in the newspapers, however the public were also far more forgiving back then. Unfortunately for Morrissey, there's a section on his wiki page about Race and Anne Marie Walters and that will taint what could have been a great legacy.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom