The Official Water Appreciation Thread

I love Dr. Pepper, Coca-Cola, 7Up, and Squirt! (I also buy RC occasionally because I feel sorry for it - it tastes fine but is so squeezed out by Coke and Pepsi.) Pop may be bad for you if you drink too much, but it also, obviously, contains water. And VitaminWater contains sugar. I remember getting happy when I saw a doctor on a talk show say we shouldn't worry so much and Coke is an excellent source of water!

Have you seen that Coke is promoting that very fact on their most recent 12-pack packaging? There's a whole blurb about how Coke is an excellent way to stay hydrated. Between that and calling VitaminWater "VitaminWater," they ought to get the Chutzpah Award for Advertising this year.

I don't think I've even seen an RC since the late 80s.

There was a big competition between Coke and Pepsi over Gatorade. Coke was about to buy it but negotiations broke down and Pepsi swooped in. Coke has been trying to fight back with Powerade, but most of the flavors of Powerade aren't as good, which is too bad cuz Powerade is less expensive. I love the Arctic Shatter flavor though!

I thought that competition was over Snapple, but maybe that was a different competition.

Why do people like ingesting unhealthy sugars so much? :confused:

Because it's our patriotic duty. I didn't drink pop until I was 12, and I've been addicted ever since. I wish I liked coffee more, because it's sure as shit a healthier way to get my daily caffeine fix, but it's just not meant to be. :(

Speaking of sugar, I've been wondering whether these floods in Iowa, which is the largest producer of corn and high-fructose corn syrup, will cause the soda industry to switch back to real sugar. It's possible, and it would make me a very happy consumer.

Why do people like ingesting unhealthy sugars so much? :confused:

You ask this as if you're puzzled why people like tasting things that, um, taste good.

I like to be semi-healthy. For example, I ride my bicycle all over town. But you'll often see me smoking a Newport while riding, and sometimes I stop at the gas station to buy a large can of beer and I place it in the bike's water bottle holder. People sometimes make comments about this, as if it's required that you go 100% in the health nut direction if you enjoy riding a bike long distances. But I like the exercise high from riding the bike all the way back to the suburbs from downtown, which doesn't mean I gotta give up my vices! I can have both. VitaminWater, thus, seems perfect. Lots of sugar, but vitamins too! :)

Have you seen that Coke is promoting that very fact on their most recent 12-pack packaging? There's a whole blurb about how Coke is an excellent way to stay hydrated. Between that and calling VitaminWater "VitaminWater," they ought to get the Chutzpah Award for Advertising this year.

There's also a new Diet Coke that has vitamins!

VitaminWater wasn't created by Coke. It was a small company that Coke acquired.

I don't think I've even seen an RC since the late 80s.

There's usually a small stock of RC in the 2 liter bottle section of the supermarket.

Oh, I also like Lime Diet Coke to mix with booze. If I use regular Coke when I'm getting drunk it becomes way too many calories and way too filling.

soda is like most things that are for you,it tastes good.if it doesnt fiz or doesnt include some form of alchohol then i am generally not that excited to drink it.

water is soo boring.

I doubt that's true that skin health is just the reflection of our internal health (I think a lot of it is just because of the skin type you're born with), and I doubt it's true that drinking more water can solve many of the skin problems people have. Lots of healthy people, for example, have acne, and lots of unhealthy people have beautiful skin. I'd say a lot of skin problems are best addressed by what you do to your skin on the outside and have little to do with what you eat/drink, and if it's worse you gotta see a dermatologist. I'm not saying water isn't good for your skin (I'm sure it is), but this article kinda hypes up the benefits of drinking lots of water a bit too much.

True, true. I mean, of course it's useless to buy expensive hydrating creams and lotions if your skin is dehydrated from inside, but water can hardly be a cure for everything.

Because it's our patriotic duty. I didn't drink pop until I was 12, and I've been addicted ever since. I wish I liked coffee more, because it's sure as shit a healthier way to get my daily caffeine fix, but it's just not meant to be. :(

Speaking of sugar, I've been wondering whether these floods in Iowa, which is the largest producer of corn and high-fructose corn syrup, will cause the soda industry to switch back to real sugar. It's possible, and it would make me a very happy consumer.

Oh my :eek: I had no idea they produced that... has John Hagee spoken yet? :sick::p

In all seriousness, there is definitely something addictive about sugar! I think it should be treated just like any other addiction. And the longer you abstain, the less you'll crave it.

I should not have read this thread in the midst of a heat wave.:horny:

I drink a lot of water at work to offset the coffee I drink (exclusively) at work. I feel self-conscious about it; I drink from a glass that I refill repeatedly - not plastic bottles. People eye me like a leper.:p

I recently tried that whacky cling-film wrapping trick on my legs during a treadmill session, and I couldn't believe how drenched I was.:eek:

When I lived in Seattle, I unknowingly drank copepods that were in the tap water.:mad: I boil it now even though I'm elsewhere; my apartment's water tastes awful after all the renovations.:confused: Here there is chloramine in the water - which can't even be boiled out.:eek::mad:

As far as I can tell, no commercial devices filter out chloramine (they only list lead, copper, and other things that are actually probably not in my water).:(
So I am just part of a large, unwilling research study.;)

As for copepods, boiling *kills* them, but I moved away from that problem.

Tags
chug chug chug nonsense tldr
Back
Top Bottom