"The Queen Is Dead" (2017 re-issue) released (Oct. 20, 2017)

The Queen Is Dead (2017 re-issue) is out now.
40862_8152SSTy9uL._SL1500_.jpg

Spotify:

Buy on Amazon

Last edited:
It is amazing.

This turned up on my television earlier... A thirty second ad. Beautiful in green and pink throughout.

Attachments

• C86AB3A4-BF4F-4F6E-8641-49D2907B9FE5.jpeg
    C86AB3A4-BF4F-4F6E-8641-49D2907B9FE5.jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 0
I am hoping that every main Smiths album is given the same treatment - it would be a wonderful collection to have.
It sounds good to my ears.
Boston is a great gig.
Exhaustive demos / outtakes were probably never on the cards, but the balance between unheard and already leaked seems fairly done.
Regards,
FWD.

I am hoping that every main Smiths album is given the same treatment - it would be a wonderful collection to have.
It sounds good to my ears.
Boston is a great gig.
Exhaustive demos / outtakes were probably never on the cards, but the balance between unheard and already leaked seems fairly done.
Regards,
FWD.

That would be great!

Bought the 3 CD box set today from Jumbo in Leeds. Thought Boston gig was a bit poor sound wise and really disappointed with the quality of the product. The gatefold image is poorly reproduced and there is no accompanying literature regarding the album or its recording. Also found that the lyric brochure looked super cheap. Incorrect lyrics to Queen is Dead. Anyone buying this deserves a well thought out product. Lacks the finesse of a true Smiths release. Still waiting for the tote bag.., Pilgrimupnorth

Posted this in the wrong thread earlier: Anybody know how limited the vinyl set is? I would really like to own it but wondering if it can be pushed off til Christmas.

Posted this in the wrong thread earlier: Anybody know how limited the vinyl set is? I would really like to own it but wondering if it can be pushed off til Christmas.
I'll be surprised if this is ltd at all. It is made to sell and make money. But this is only my guess.

I love it.
Sounds crisp and punchy
Great artwork love how it includes the cover stars (Delon, Kerouac, Dean) aswell as the protest picture / tattoo showing how relevant the band still is.

Bought the 3 CD box set today from Jumbo in Leeds. Thought Boston gig was a bit poor sound wise and really disappointed with the quality of the product. The gatefold image is poorly reproduced and there is no accompanying literature regarding the album or its recording. Also found that the lyric brochure looked super cheap. Incorrect lyrics to Queen is Dead. Anyone buying this deserves a well thought out product. Lacks the finesse of a true Smiths release. Still waiting for the tote bag.., Pilgrimupnorth

I agree about the lyrics booklet. Very strange really...

The gatefold image is poorly reproduced

Think it's actually a shabby chic design choice. The cover image can't be righ-res, because it's presumably from a DVD still. So they've downgraded the gatefold image to match. Not saying that's the right thing to do, but it's not like they've had it printed on a second-hand household inkjet just to save pennies.

The packaging is nothing special, though, I agree. The same photo of Big Ben five times, but no Salford Lads photo?! And poor old Ann Coates doesn't get a credit.

Also think it's odd to depart from the pink and green colour-scheme. I can't think of another album in history where you could hold up two coloured cards, say "what album is this?", and thousands of people would be instantly able to guess.

OTOH, it sounds fantastic, which is the main thing.

Last edited:
I purchased the 3 CD/1 DVD version, still waiting on mine to arrive in the mail. I couldn't be bothered to purchase the 5 LP version, I like just one, glistening, LP when it comes to my vinyl -- anymore than that and I am sickened.

Wasn't Craig Gannon on the 86 tour?

No mention of him anywhere regarding the Boston Show.

I purchased the 3 CD/1 DVD version, still waiting on mine to arrive in the mail. I couldn't be bothered to purchase the 5 LP version, I like just one, glistening, LP when it comes to my vinyl -- anymore than that and I am sickened.
Yes I agree although the l.p. box set is beautiful I kind of sat there feeling like id gorged on too much Ben and Jerrys

Tags
tqid reissue

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom