"The Queen Is Dead" single released (UK, June 16, 2017)

"The Queen Is Dead" single released on 7", 12" and 7" picture disc in the UK, June 16, 2017

16th June, 1986: 'The Queen Is Dead' is released in the UK.

To mark the date, 2 ‘The Queen Is Dead’ singles are available now, one is a four-track 12” vinyl and one is a two-track 7” picture disc.

Head to record shops everywhere today.

Link posted by Famous when dead:

The Smiths Announce “The Queen Is Dead” Single Reissues - Pitchfork

Link to animation posted by Famous when dead and an anonymous person:

from Crash Collect
https://www.instagram.com/CrashCollect/

40237_tqid_sleeve.jpg

Photo from @BadlandsUK / Twitter. Link posted by Famous when dead:

40238_tqid_picture_disc.jpg

Buy on eBay

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm whether the matrix on the vinyl dead wax is 12QID2016 or 2017?
It would be safe to assume that if all the vinyl is marked 2016 and the packaging / label is 2017 that the 30th anniversary was going to be acknowledged and was scuppered at the last minute for whatever reason.
If vinyl bought today has 2017 on both parts, then the slavic sellers/buyers have got something unique (although still probably not worth £180).
Collecting both tomorrow so will know either way.
I'm hoping any potential new album gets better treatment.
Regards,
FWD.

it's more a collectors item, as Eric wrote, it's been on several other reissues/boxes, best of and the remastered ones.

shall ask/call around if there's a 7' in Holland/eindhoven, as at RSD, there were copies over here, not too many.

It's On !

Can anyone confirm whether the matrix on the vinyl dead wax is 12QID2016 or 2017?
It would be safe to assume that if all the vinyl is marked 2016 and the packaging / label is 2017 that the 30th anniversary was going to be acknowledged and was scuppered at the last minute for whatever reason.
If vinyl bought today has 2017 on both parts, then the slavic sellers/buyers have got something unique (although still probably not worth £180).

My copy which I bought yesterday says 12QUID2016 - so it looks like those who paid through the nose to get one via discogs have been majorly burned, as their rarity is no longer rare. Ouch.

Collecting both tomorrow so will know either way.
I'm hoping any potential new album gets better treatment.
Regards,
FWD.

Hi there,
The matrix states 2016 and the packaging states 2017. It seems that the anniversary was going to be celebrated this time last year, for the 30th, but was shelved for whatever reason.

Pourquoi?

Why? Why!!!!

Let's just look at today here in Engerland....
It's the Queen's birthday. she alone is able to register the terrible anguish of the nation over the London Tower Block Massacre as all our politicians either go AWOL or try to score points. She *might* want to open up a emergency hostel dorm in Buckingham Palace as victims of the fire are sleeping on floors. Or maybe Morrissey will let them have his suite in The Dorchester

He just can't nail this "I hate the Queen, me, I do!" stuff. He's been banging on about it since 'Nowhere Fast' in his desperate attempts to channel Lydon & GSTQ. But Steven is just a silly little closet-case chancer who recycles Outsider Art Outrage to middle-America. Even they snort with contempt at his nonsense now. Radical song? My arse it was, just a prissy pastiche of the Pistols.

f*** off Morrissey. Windbaggy slag you are...

*as you were*

BB

Queen Elizabeth reflects on 'sombre national mood' in official birthday message
Royal says the country has been 'resolute in the face of adversity'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-grenfell-tower-fire-manchester-a7794526.html

Why? Why!!!!

It's the Queen's birthday. she alone is able to register the terrible anguish of the nation over the London Tower Block Massacre as all our politicians either go AWOL or try to score points. She *might* want to open up a emergency hostel dorm in Buckingham Palace as victims of the fire are sleeping on floors. Or maybe Morrissey will let them have his suite in The Dorchester

He just can't nail this "I hate the Queen, me, I do!" stuff. He's been banging on about it since 'Nowhere Fast' in his desperate attempts to channel Lydon & GSTQ. But Steven is just a silly little closet-case chancer who recycles Outsider Art Outrage to middle-America. Even they snort with contempt at his nonsense now. Radical song? My arse it was, just a prissy pastiche of the Pistols.

*as you were*

BB

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-grenfell-tower-fire-manchester-a7794526.html

Come again?

Why? Why!!!!

*as you were*

BB

You have always seemed jealous of Morrissey. Why?

Are you honestly going to sit there and say The Queen Is Dead is not the best album of the 80s for England? Even Alain Whyte confessed this on his Facebook page. The Sex Pistols blew their chance by being morons.

Please explain, in detail, your animosity towards Moz or admit A. You are him. B. You're Mike Joyce or C. You are Nick Kent (if he is still alive).

Come again? You want a facial? send me a pic, see if you get me aroused.

3500.jpg

Are you honestly going to sit there and say The Queen Is Dead is not the best album of the 80s for England? Even Alain Whyte confessed this on his Facebook page. The Sex Pistols blew their chance by being morons.

Please explain, in detail, your animosity towards Moz or admit A. You are him. B. You're Mike Joyce or C. You are Nick Kent (if he is still alive).

I reckon Jeremy in the San Fernando office is doing a top mental job with "the uk" target marketing group. mporiumUK and now this re-releasing thing. I reckon those UK people will buy anything with Steve's mug on it and throw in a tour of "the uk" every 5 years and we got a goldmine. Go Jeremy! Now if Kylie in the Silverlake office can just throw something to the Mexicans like a fantasy concert date in Tijuana or some shirt with a Mexican wrestler on the front...it's gonna be a cool summer in Malibu!

Echo and the bunnymen have just been signed by BMG, wonder if thats who have signed Morrissey?

Mike J. is a normal , happy, well adjusted dude who has had a stellar music career. He doesn't need to badmouth anyone here. He is a real man.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom