The Smiths/Morrissey Convention

Is there an annual Smiths/Morrissey Convention in the UK or does it take either Morrissey or Marr to die to get one established ?

It would be very well attended if there was one.

The ONLY one(that Im aware of) is in the US, and it's usually every year, thrown by 2 great guys named Elliott and Ray. They couldn't be nicer, and their conventions rule. I've missed 2 I think, and will be there again in 2010, should they have another one. This is the best run, best attended convention IMO, and you should try to come to the next one?

We should really get one going here in the UK.

Can't see how it hasn't happenned yet.:crazy:

From my fuzzy memory there used to be one. Many moons ago (late 80s/ early 90s) (NME) Rumour had it Morrissey threatened legal action against them.

I know no more

I love the conventions in the US. I hope there is one in 2010. They are always fun and always have great items for sale and trade.

This is a brilliant idea - there's enough interested parties with the skills and links to be able to put this together, and there would probably be enough interest (there's a certain minimum number of 'bums on seats' needed for it to be viable).

I went to the Manchester Uni 2-day conference a few years ago and there were about...80 present from memory.

If it worked first time in either Manchester or London it could move round to different cities (e.g. Birmingham, Leeds, etc) involving various fans. However, let's learn to walk before we run...see how interest develops.

WO

'punky' on here has run one in springtime for the past few years in the University of Limerick, Ireland.

Tags
convention the smiths
Back
Top Bottom