The Smiths: My Story – An Evening with Mike Joyce (Wolverhampton, July 28, 2017)

The Smiths: My Story – An Evening with Mike Joyce - Light House

40275_Mike-Joyce-Event-Web.jpg

A rare chance to hear the story of Mike Joyce, drummer of legendary band The Smiths, on his first visit to Light House.

After the audience event with Mike live in cinema one, we will have an after show party featuring Mike as a guest DJ, with local comedian / Smiths DJ Andrew McBurney.

Event Timings
Lock Works bar open all day pre-event.

8.30 – 9.30pm
Mike Joyce – his story, live in Cinema One.

9.30pm – late
After show party featuring DJ spot from Mike Joyce plus Andrew McBurney’s Smiths Disco

Late bar in Lock Works.

Do you have a question for Mike? Submit it to [email protected] and we’ll send the best through to him.

We can’t wait to welcome Mike and a legion of fans to Light House.

PLACES ARE STRICTLY LIMITED so early booking is advised.

Tickets are £20 and available on the blue link to our online booking system on the right, or by calling 01902 716 055 between 9am and 9pm. If the link is not showing, just give us a call.

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, at least it was based on something written down for everybody to read and have an opinion on.
You, anonymous mouse state yourself you didn't read any further after page 50.
So, why should I value your ignorence more then anyone believing in some kind of almighty upperbeing?
Forget it, can't be bothered anymore. :tiphat:
Come on Quando, the court case has been dealt with extensively everywhere else. Morrissey had his say twice in court and the transcript is out there on the web for all to read. Not reading Morrissey's one sided version in his book doesn't make me ignorant on the subject.
We all read recently Morrissey's version of events with a police motorcyclist in Rome and then the next day the one sided version soon became a slightly different version when the other parties involved offered their point of view, which contradicted Morrissey's version and altogether added up better than Morrissey's version.

But I'm sure there are those out there that still insist the cop was wrong and List Of The Lost is a classic..... :laugh:

Please tell me if you also thought List Of The Lost was an excellent effort too, because as a Smiths / Morrissey fan, that is what you must say??

M&M lost the case purely because they could not produce one piece of evidence that indicated that Mike and Andy were on / agreed to be on 20% of non recording royalties. All it needed was one contract, one piece of paper with signatures on with financial arrangements laid out. But non of the four nor the record company had anything. Mike could have been lying, but M&M had nothing presented in court to prove otherwise. M&M had to prove Mike and Andy were aware / agreed upon 20% and they failed to do that. Twice.
Mike and Andy didn't have to prove a thing beyond that they were not given an equal share.
Apologies, twice above I say Mike & Andy knew they were on / agreed to be on 20%, it should have said 10%

What "judge"? The one who said "Mr Morrissey is a more complicated character. He did not find giving evidence an easy or happy experience. To me at least he appeared devious, truculent and
unreliable
where his own interests were at stake."? Is that a judge or a member of the holy inquisition?
Interesting. But didn't answer the question.
What facts did the judge get wrong about The Smiths? The key word is FACTS

Agree. It was not a matter of facts. It was a matter of personal credibility according to a judge's opinion.

"Before I consider the facts relied on, I should say a little about the credibility of the four partners because a lot depends of their version of events at which they were present." (Vote of Judge Thorpe, Court of Appeal)

"The Judge had to choose between conflicting evidence and it was entirely proper for him to explain in the way that he did why he preferred Mr. Joyce's and Mr. Rourke's evidence to that of Mr. Morrissey and Mr. Marr." (Vote of Judge Gibson, Court of Appeal).

Sweet Jesus is this boring. I don't even know which Anonymous I'm talking too. Read the f***ing books, written by the people who wrote the songs, or shut the f*** up.

M&M lost the case purely because they could not produce one piece of evidence that indicated that Mike and Andy were on / agreed to be on 20% of non recording royalties. All it needed was one contract, one piece of paper with signatures on with financial arrangements laid out. But non of the four nor the record company had anything.

It's more bizarre than that, because neither Morrissey or Marr were able to say that they remembered Mike and/or Andy agreeing to 10%.

Sweet Jesus is this boring. I don't even know which Anonymous I'm talking too. Read the f***ing books, written by the people who wrote the songs, or shut the f*** up.
In other words, you have no answer to back up the statement you made, so maybe it is you who should shut the f*** up until you have an answer.
This has been me, the same anonymous person for each response.

He replied to a tweet where someone said "I just love Morrissey too much."

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom