The Smiths photos that got pulled because the NME said they'd 'never be big enough' - M.E.N.

Manchester Evening News.

By Emily Heward - 6th October, 2018.

The Smiths photos that got pulled because the NME said they'd 'never be big enough'

This week marks 36 years since their first live gig at Manchester's Ritz.
We spoke to photographer Kevin Cummins about his work with the band.

0_JS164696164-1.jpg

Excerpt:

"At the time they were a breath of fresh air, we'd had a couple of year of New Romantic style bands like Spandau Ballet and Duran Duran, much poppier bands who were the kind of thing your kid sister would like," he says.

"Then suddenly The Smiths came along and The Jesus and Mary Chain and they had a lot of presence and influenced a whole generation."

1_JS164696370.jpg

All images © Kevin Cummins.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ews/smiths-photos-pulled-because-nme-15242095

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
nme = no more excuses,wouldnt wipe my arse with that rag.

Last edited:
The mump heads! funny old world hey... The Smiths/Morrissey legacy lives on and is still growing, living and being more remembered than that Mump headed publication!

Eddie Riff

Jason

20181007_182010.jpg

It's almost like they visit here before posting on the above...
Regards,
FWD.

Didn't he start wearing those shirts during the Your Arsenal tour though?

Isn't it the same shirt from November Spawned... and Bona Drag?

View attachment 45999

It's almost like they visit here before posting on the above...
Regards,
FWD.

They have always visited and kept an eye on here; why else would he go to such lengths to discredit this site?
I do smirk at what they must think of some of the threads.

What are they saying, Boz?

"Erm... your album wasn't great and Sam's cover art was worse, Johnny, Johnny, Johnny, some guy wore a T-shirt, Damon is a doormat, Jesse can't play for shit, Johnny, Johnny, Johnny."

Thanks

I would give anything if he came out on stage with a red flowery woman's shirt , beads, black glasses.,and flowers in his back pocket.:cherryblossom:

Halloween?:pray: please please please

Didn't he start wearing those shirts during the Your Arsenal tour though?

The Arsenal tour is when he started wearing the gold and other colored lame shirts, and plain botton shirts, that all seem to be made just for the tour. I also think he stopped cuffing or wearing cuffed jeans at this time, usually cut. That photo was taken during the chorus of ‘ Last of the Famous ‘, most likely.

I wonder how the Moz camp reacted when we twigged in seconds that John Riggers was Morrissey interviewing himself. It wasn't very subtle: "Oh, your solo musicians are wonderful! I could never imagine The Smiths being so powerful or varied." :lbf:

And then you just know, at night, he's gulping back the vodka and listening to:

I wonder how the Moz camp reacted when we twigged in seconds that John Riggers was Morrissey interviewing himself. It wasn't very subtle: "Oh, your solo musicians are wonderful! I could never imagine The Smiths being so powerful or varied." :lbf:

:rolleyes: :sleeping:

They have always visited and kept an eye on here; why else would he go to such lengths to discredit this site?
I do smirk at what they must think of some of the threads.

What are they saying, Boz?

"Erm... your album wasn't great and Sam's cover art was worse, Johnny, Johnny, Johnny, some guy wore a T-shirt, Damon is a doormat, Jesse can't play for shit, Johnny, Johnny, Johnny."

Thanks

I think they're wondering now, respectfully, what the f^^k are you're going on about now Amy !

The last two albums have been superb. And I am not biased, in the slightest.

Hazard
x

So glad I fixed this thing so it doesn’t autoplay videos anymore :rolleyes:

Wow, such deep insights into the intimate workings of Morrisseys life.
I'm sure his mother doesn't know him like "we" do.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom