The Smiths Tease Something Involving The Queen Is Dead Coming Tomorrow - Pitchfork

The Smiths Tease Something Involving The Queen Is Dead Coming Tomorrow - Pitchfork
A cryptic image with the caption “TQID 16.06.17” appears on the band’s official Facebook page

#TQID
40232_tqid_inner.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Surely it's the single?

I for one know exactly whats in store. But why tell? All the jaded twats here will complain even if its about Morrissey & Marr coming to their bedsit guitar-in-hand to serenade with a performance of the the entire Album.

EVERYBODY JUST STEP ASIDE!!

If there's any teasing going to be happening of any kind - I'm pushing my way to the front of the queue.

No teasing is full teasing, without some dancing showgirls. In bunny ears. Doing highkicks. To maybe/to maybe not TQID

But in any case, I've got the showgirls. I've got the bunny ears. And I've got the highkicks.

We are ready. So may the shenanigans BEGIN! :dancers: :dancers: :dancers:

The guy who wrote "death of Princess Diana predicted in The Smiths lyrics" will be working overtime as we speak...

It's the announcement of the single. They posted a picture of the front cover yesterday and the image above is the back of the sleeve.

This is more an statement than a re-release. It would be nice to know the true meaning of it.

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-15_17-12-30.jpeg
    upload_2017-6-15_17-12-30.jpeg
    241.7 KB · Views: 0
The Smiths "official" Facebook page. LOL! Faaaaaaaaaaawk off with this nonsense.

I think the NME are getting carried away.
The rather lacklustre selling of a poorly advertised 7&12" on the 31st anniversary of the album isn't quite the same thing as a fully reissued album. So lacklustre that the NME aren't aware of today's release and have speculated it in to an album.
Perhaps shifting some of last years records on the strength of RSD sales isn't worthy of fanfare!? Getting Boz to advertise it backed up by SER isn't really marketing gold either.
The NME really should check here first perhaps?

The Smiths to announce ‘The Queen Is Dead’ album reissue?
http://www.nme.com/news/music/the-smiths-to-announce-the-queen-is-dead-reissue-2089208

Regards,
FWD.

I think the NME are getting carried away.
The rather lacklustre selling of a poorly advertised 7&12" on the 31st anniversary of the album isn't quite the same thing as a fully reissued album. So lacklustre that the NME aren't aware of today's release and have speculated it in to an album.
Perhaps shifting some of last years records on the strength of RSD sales isn't worthy of fanfare!? Getting Boz to advertise it backed up by SER isn't really marketing gold either.
The NME really should check here first perhaps?

The Smiths to announce ‘The Queen Is Dead’ album reissue?
http://www.nme.com/news/music/the-smiths-to-announce-the-queen-is-dead-reissue-2089208

Regards,
FWD.

Thanks for that FWD.
I thought by now, the NME or at least someone there, kept track about what's going on here at Solo regarding Moz as they do think he is still a name that sells their publication.
Or was it on purpose? Making their own frame of it?
Just wondering. :confused:

Blykey, me reckon this is all quite tossey inn nn it? Tickets go on sale 616 for an imaginary Hollywood Bowl concert, Queen is Dead 616. I can see Uncle Steve and lil' Sammy laughing while reading so low on Lil' Sammy's Iphone at the Orange Julius at the Glendale Galleria. Should I play the Queen is Dead vinyl re-issue backwards? They love fooking with us.

The Smiths are dead.

I thought so too.
But when even Boz Boorer starts to promoting that single I wonder who is poking around with a stick in the ashes to somehow, in a magical way create a revival.
Must be a real voodoo docter.:rolleyes:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom