The Smiths - (TQID) Warners 20th anniversary bonus cd of related rarities cd-r on eBay

This will be interesting to watch. First one of these I have ever seen for sale..
The 2006 debunked Warner's Queen Is Dead rarities bonus cd-r. All looks legit to me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Smiths-...827907?hash=item1ebe4e6643:g:VZYAAOSwJ7RYW--O

Dexcription:

This is a UNRELEASED internally distributed CD that was prepped and planned as part of a reissue of The Queen is Dead. Unfortunately, the plans for that were scrapped and the songs were never released.

NONE of these UNRELEASED DEMO tracks have ever been released.

Most of these tracks have never been mentioned on Morrissey and Smiths web-forums and I doubt many of these CDs even exist nowadays.

The CD and cover are in impeccable condition. I placed paper over top to prevent counterfeiting of the listing and to cover private information.

This may be your only chance to own one. Feel free to message me with any questions.

39501_39500_s-l16001.jpg

39503_s-l1600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The sellers name "oldsmithscollector" should have been a giant red flag. A legit seller will always use their proper name.

A bit harsh that, and that's being kind. On the other hand, I can't think of many sellers that use their own name as their seller name, so, I don't see what you're implying here.

A bit harsh that, and that's being kind. On the other hand, I can't think of many sellers that use their own name as their seller name, so, I don't see what you're implying here.

When spending that kind of money for a disputable item, a name and provenance should be presented. I'd try to eliminate as many variables as possible.

When spending that kind of money for a disputable item, a name and provenance should be presented. I'd try to eliminate as many variables as possible.
He has sold many legit rare Smiths and Moz items over the years. Nothing but positive feedback. What is your point?

He has sold many legit rare Smiths and Moz items over the years. Nothing but positive feedback. What is your point?

I'm afraid I'm a bit of a stickler when it comes to authentication. Everything must be on the up and up.

Will the buyer please step forward ? Whoever it is must surely have come across this discussion..chances of it being shared are about nil I'd imagine though.

There is no need to question the sellers reputation. This reference-cdr is the real deal, congrats to the winner of this auction. If we´ll ever hear all of those tracks? This will probably depend on the fact if M&M are finally willing to open the vaults. The result of this auction and the discussion on this site over shows there is a demand in the fan-base to hear alternate takes, demos etc......

I'm the seller if you have any questions on either item let me know. I'd be glad to clarify.

One note: I'm not the same seller as the previous reference CDs.

Congratulations on getting a great price. It's a very interesting CD to me. As others have mentioned in this thread, Passions lists this as the second disk of the aborted Queen Is Dead 20th anniversary. I heard that this was because Morrissey didn't want to see the proceeds going to Joyce, following the court ruling that all royalties should go to him. Do you know if that's the case?

Following on from that, if Morrissey has given the go ahead for a new version of The Boy With The Thorn In His Side to be released, do you think that he's changed his mind? Wouldn't that make this CD, or something similar, likely for release? My guess is that Johnny assembled a lot of nice outtakes when remastering for Rhino.

Johnny:
I’ve assumed the role in the band of the custodian, I guess, which happened mostly when I remastered all the catalogue. That was a bit of a legal and technical and political battle. I would have been happy to have done a decent job of the remaining tracks, like the original take of There Is a Light (That Never Goes Out) before I put the strings on that really holds up as almost an unplugged version, the instrumental versions of William I Was Really Nothing and Please Please Please (Let Me Get What I Want), those kinds of things.

There was an aborted re issue project in 2011

Marr remasters through Rhino

Expanded editions of 7 Studio LP's. Remastered LP's plus a few demo / instrumental / session / b sides.

They got to the CDR stage.

The 3 tracks that are quoted in the JM article were on the CD's.

There was an aborted re issue project in 2011

Marr remasters through Rhino

Expanded editions of 7 Studio LP's. Remastered LP's plus a few demo / instrumental / session / b sides.

They got to the CDR stage.

The 3 tracks that are quoted in the JM article were on the CD's.

The Some girls are bigger than others instrumental that IR posted with the other instrumental tracks is probably from one of those cdr´s.

so who got skinned? come on show your face, don't be embarrassed just because you have money to burn on such things. What me jealous? just a little. NOW POST EM ! ;):)

...lord knows it would be the first time'

so who got skinned? come on show your face, don't be embarrassed just because you have money to burn on such things. What me jealous? just a little. NOW POST EM ! ;):)

...lord knows it would be the first time'

Oh lord, mister know it all. He knows nothing and he knows it so fluently while he doesn't exist. The master of our sadistic universe and always denying you, me and everybody else of the things we really want. Why oh why?
But just for opportunistic reasons I will pray with you to get what you want so I can get it too! :)

Tags
tqid reissue

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom