The Smiths - (TQID) Warners 20th anniversary bonus cd of related rarities cd-r on eBay

This will be interesting to watch. First one of these I have ever seen for sale..
The 2006 debunked Warner's Queen Is Dead rarities bonus cd-r. All looks legit to me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Smiths-...827907?hash=item1ebe4e6643:g:VZYAAOSwJ7RYW--O

Dexcription:

This is a UNRELEASED internally distributed CD that was prepped and planned as part of a reissue of The Queen is Dead. Unfortunately, the plans for that were scrapped and the songs were never released.

NONE of these UNRELEASED DEMO tracks have ever been released.

Most of these tracks have never been mentioned on Morrissey and Smiths web-forums and I doubt many of these CDs even exist nowadays.

The CD and cover are in impeccable condition. I placed paper over top to prevent counterfeiting of the listing and to cover private information.

This may be your only chance to own one. Feel free to message me with any questions.

39501_39500_s-l16001.jpg

39503_s-l1600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Like i said before, the songs being leaked or released officially doesnt make a shit bit of difference to how rare this reference cd is, Forget the content for a second and focus on how rare the disc itself is. Why collect anything at all if the content itself is digitally available online etc. Acetates and test pressings dont become worthless once the song is offically released do they. So why would this cd become worthless?

You're confusing two things. Once the music on this disc is widely available it will decline sharply in value. Think about it. Would you expect a similar CD-R consisting entirely of commercial available material to fetch the same price? Of course not. They exist and they don't. At the same time, though, once the music is released, the disc won't actually become totally worthless, of course.

Moz thinks, and he is half-right, that he is the one who has been promoting The Smiths for the past 29 years and is thus responsible for their ongoing, and increasing popularity.

Promoting The Smiths, or trading on their good name by propping up his concerts with Smiths cover versions to get the punters (and the dollars) in?

I remember when a promo of the (then unreleased) 'Live at the Hollywood Bowl' DVD and Wolverhampton '88 video were changing hands for £££. Now the footage has leaked and everyone has a copy, I wonder how much they'd go for? Surely that's got to knock off a few quid from the value?

You're confusing two things. Once the music on this disc is widely available it will decline sharply in value. Think about it. Would you expect a similar CD-R consisting entirely of commercial available material to fetch the same price? Of course not. They exist and they don't. At the same time, though, once the music is released, the disc won't actually become totally worthless, of course.

That makes zero sense. CDrs , test pressings, demo tapes, sell for hundreds, despite the songs on them being readily available. Why pay £200 for an I have Forgiven jesus cdr when you can listen to it on youtube for free or buy the 7" for £5, It's because you're not paying for the content, you're paying for the rare format, in this case a rare reference cd. Example, a queen is dead LP test pressing doesn't become any less valuable just because the songs are already out there.

Yes, it means that, obviously. Even to the die-hardest of collectors, discs that no longer contain the music are worth less than those that do. So, the value of any CD-R will at some point fall off a cliff.

So you're saying that if a No One Can Hold A Candle CD-R shows up on ebay it will not sell for at least $400?

Yeah, sure.

I think this is certainly real. Has this seller not sold some other rare stuff on this site before? The New York part gives it away I think. He also had some rare Morrissey ref CD's with outtakes. Did not see him sell but one each of those. If someone got cheated when they brought those reference CD's please speak up! Otherwise everyone needs to keep quite about this disc and bid your life savings.

this looks fishy to me.

Spelling mistakes plus mistitled tracks.

If the seller was such as fan as their seller name indicates they'd know that some of these tracks have already leaked.

And yes this cd once leaked in full will be of little interest

Spelling mistakes make it look fishy?

Well, I guess every single copy of the Live At Earls Court LPs is fishy then.

Promoting The Smiths, or trading on their good name by propping up his concerts with Smiths cover versions to get the punters (and the dollars) in?

It may be hard for you to fathom this, due to your lack of critical thinking skills or whatever, but the fans that attend his shows go to hear the solo material first and foremost. Any Smiths songs he plays are merely a bonus - totally nonessential. Anyone that attends a Moz show just to hear Smiths material is a f***ing idiot, a total asshole. f*** those losers.

It may be hard for you to fathom this, due to your lack of critical thinking skills or whatever, but the fans that attend his shows go to hear the solo material first and foremost. Any Smiths songs he plays are merely a bonus - totally nonessential. Anyone that attends a Moz show just to hear Smiths material is a f***ing idiot, a total asshole. f*** those losers.

To be fair Martin and the mowers aren't even capable of performing Smiths songs so for that reason alone you'd have to be mad as a box of frogs for attending Steven's solo performances.
Hopefully as we go forward into 2017 this show band will never been seen again and we wait to see Steve's next move.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife::christmastree::santa:

They were probably gonna officially release it for the anniversary but like always Morrissey with his army of Lawyers threatened legal action because he wasn't getting any money from it and if they did he would go on True to you and say not to buy it because he's not seeing any money from it. It's funny how he called David Bowie a business, sad he never looks mirror and sees that

So you're saying that if a No One Can Hold A Candle CD-R shows up on ebay it will not sell for at least $400?

Yeah, sure.

No, I don't think you can possibly have read what I wrote. I'm saying that in ten years from now it may be just a coaster in a paper sleeve and, as such, it won't have held its value.

Both and there is nothing wrong with that.
For Christ sake, he was in that band and by far the most important member. If he promotes The Smiths or trading on their good name he does so cause he can. That good name was established by him for the greatest part, at least.

Are you one of the people that complained at first he did not do enough Smiths songs, and when he did them said they were butchered? And now complaining there are too much Smiths songs in his set? Cause he wants to cash in on his own good name?

It changes with Moz but during the last tour there were not that many Smiths songs as in other tours.
And covers? He is covering himself, I think you like that, me saying so cause there is a negative side to it, which you prefer of course.

By my count there are only 8 tracks on this CD that haven't leaked as of yet:

· The Queen Is Dead (demo)

· Frankly Mr Shankly(demo)

· I Know It's Over (demo)

·
Never Had No One Ever (demo)

· Cemetry Gates (demo)

· Bigmouth Strikes Again (demo)

· The Boy With The Thorn In His Side (demo)

· Unloveable (demo)

· Vicar In A Tutu (demo instrumental)

· There Is A Light That Never Goes Out (take 1)

· Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others (demo)

· Frankly Mr Shankly (trumpet version)

· Rubber Ring (b-side)

· Asleep (b-side)

· Money Changes Everything (b-side)

· Unloveable (LP outtake)

· The Queen Is Dead (full version)

· Never Had No One Ever (take one / instrumental)

No, I don't think you can possibly have read what I wrote. I'm saying that in ten years from now it may be just a coaster in a paper sleeve and, as such, it won't have held its value.

10 years from now?

Let's see... No One Can Hold CD-R was released 12 years ago and it's obviously worth quite a bit.

According to your theory, we need to wait another 10 years for it to be worthless?

Makes total sense.

· The Queen Is Dead (demo)

· Frankly Mr Shankly(demo)

· I Know It's Over (demo)

·
Never Had No One Ever (demo)

· Cemetry Gates (demo)

· Bigmouth Strikes Again (demo)

· The Boy With The Thorn In His Side (demo)

· Unloveable (demo)

· Vicar In A Tutu (demo instrumental)

· There Is A Light That Never Goes Out (take 1)

· Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others (demo)

· Rubber Ring (b-side)

· Asleep (b-side)

· Money Changes Everything (b-side)

· Unloveable (LP outtake)

· The Queen Is Dead (full version)

· Never Had No One Ever (take one / instrumental)

The QID demo is instrumental, it's out there. ;)

The version on the cd is NOT the one that leaked.

Similar, but not the same version.

I agree with you. DavidK is a troll.. see my reply to his previous post...

Why am I a troll? Cause you say so? Cause I pointed out the obvious?

CDR's take a minute to copy. The disc label is cheap and generic. The paper insert is type face and easily duplicated. All this points to an item that could very easily be reproduced and sold. It could easily be counterfeit.

Sure the music would still be real. But then you arent paying for the rare item, but instead for the rare tracks. The tracks stop being rare once they are released or uploaded to the public, which will happen.

Is a copy of a rare item still valuable? Only to the sucker buying it.

Why am I a troll? Cause you say so? Cause I pointed out the obvious?

CDR's take a minute to copy. The disc label is cheap and generic. The paper insert is type face and easily duplicated. All this points to an item that could very easily be reproduced and sold. It could easily be counterfeit.

Sure the music would still be real. But then you arent paying for the rare item, but instead for the rare tracks. The tracks stop being rare once they are released or uploaded to the public, which will happen.

Is a copy of a rare item still valuable? Only to the sucker buying it.

How come nobody is making copies of No One Can Hold CD-R?

It's a CD-R. The cover is a shitty, grainy picture. The label is generic too, so technically, it could be easily reproduced.

How about the You Are The Quarry interview CD-R? Same thing.

I don't see them popping up on ebay even though they should be just as "easy to reproduce".

If it just takes a minute to reproduce them, how come they never show up on ebay?

Tags
tqid reissue

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom