The Soundcloud Leaks

New unrealeased versions

Firstly, may I thank everyone who has "donated" these tracks. Simply superb.
Is there anyone that can make an album of them all? I'm totally useless with things like that.
I will repay the favour by uploading unseen photos that I have.
Thanks in advance

Re: New Unrealeased Versions

Firstly, may I thank everyone who has "donated" these tracks. Simply superb.
Is there anyone that can make an album of them all? I'm totally useless with things like that.
I will repay the favour by uploading unseen photos that I have.
Thanks in advance

In the process of adding Kit and Walk Tall...I'll post them as a separate addendum in the same thread.

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/136717-The-Soundcloud-Leaks

UPDATE: Kit and It's Hard To Walk Tall When You're Small have been added.

Last edited by a moderator:
Original post updated to reflect Uncleskinny's Soundcloud shares of Kit and It's Hard To Walk Tall When You're Small (Maladjusted outtake).

Original post updated to reflect Uncleskinny's Soundcloud shares of Kit and It's Hard To Walk Tall When You're Small (Maladjusted outtake).

Thanks again, Skylarker. Were you planning to add the better quality Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself alternate?

I guess I should. I don't know.
It's a different mix from the previously heard alternate version, with superior sound quality, so it seems like it deserves a spot on the comp but this is your baby, so whatever you see fit. Either way, thanks again for your hard work.

It's a different mix from the previously heard alternate version, with superior sound quality, so it seems like it deserves a spot on the comp but this is your baby, so whatever you see fit. Either way, thanks again for your hard work.

Well, technically it is exactly the same version that leaked years and years ago, but the quality is so much better that it sounds like a different mix (it almost sounds like a different song altogether actually :lbf:).

Well, technically it is exactly the same version that leaked years and years ago, but the quality is so much better that it sounds like a different mix (it almost sounds like a different song altogether actually :lbf:).
With all due respect, they're definitely two distinct versions as previously pointed out by Jamie and myself here. Set the timestamp to 2:18 on both versions and you will find that the middle eight of each recording is completely different. In the previously leaked version, it goes into another chord progression overlaid with some feedback, while this new version goes into a much quieter progression with a slow burning whammy dive. This one doesn't fade out, either. After writing this I feel like I need to get a life, but there you go.

Last edited:
With all due respect, they're definitely two distinct versions as previously pointed out by Jamie and myself here. Set the timestamp to 2:18 on both versions and you will find that the middle eight of each recording is completely different. In the previously leaked version, it goes into another chord progression overlaid with some feedback, while this new version goes into a much quieter progression with a slow burning whammy dive. This one doesn't fade out, either. After writing this I feel like I need to get a life, but there you go.

You are right, I am wrong.
I hadn't paid enough attention to that part of the song to notice, I genuinely thought this was just a much clearer recording of the same take, and was happy enough with that.

You are right, I am wrong.
I hadn't paid enough attention to that part of the song to notice, I genuinely thought this was just a much clearer recording of the same take, and was happy enough with that.
It's cool. I would have been more than happy with that too, but I was very pleasantly surprised by the differences.

UPDATE 1-2-16 #2: Entire comp re-tagged to include Vauxhall and I outtake Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself (alternate take, version 2), as originally shared with the forum here by an anonymous user linking to Soundcloud user Michael-Bone

Original post revised accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please don't get me wrong, all these treats are very welcome, but I must add there are significant differences between the older and the newer "Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself". Just pay attention to his vocals, when he sings "they know the full extent of your distress" on both versions. To me it's clear that the vocals from "Vauxhall and I" have been used for these new version.

Thank you for collecting these together Skylarker. Also big thanks to the original posters.

Please don't get me wrong, all these treats are very welcome, but I must add there are significant differences between the older and the newer "Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself". Just pay attention to his vocals, when he sings "they know the full extent of your distress" on both versions. To me it's clear that the vocals from "Vauxhall and I" have been used for these new version.

The electric version was actually recorded first. The decision was later made to strip out everything except the lead vocal, which was retained and backed by the acoustic rendering on Vauxhall and I.

The electric version was actually recorded first. The decision was later made to strip out everything except the lead vocal, which was retained and backed by the acoustic rendering on Vauxhall and I.

Yeah, got your point but after reading again my first post I think I didn't make myself clear. I was talking about the 2 electric outtakes: the first one leaked years ago has a different lead vocal than the one that got leaked 2 days ago. The "distress" part leaves no doubt. As there were people discussing whether the 2 outtakes were the same or not, I thought I could go with my 2 cents. ;)

no,please don't. It's all about the details. thank you.:)

Back
Top Bottom