'This Is Morrissey' details - liner notes by Fiona Dodwell; vinyl release date Aug. 31, 2018

I just got this email from Crash Records, apparently it’s on Cd too.

Good morning Moz fans,

As you know we like to keep you posted about new releases and there is a new Morrissey compilation coming out on CD and vinyl on Friday 6th July.

It's a brand new compilation curated by the man himself ahead of his summer tour dates. The CD album is £4.99 with a 4 page booklet and liner notes by author Fiona Dodwell.

Those same liner notes are also on the LP (£18.99) only this time in French!

It's available to pre-order now and can be be posted out or collected from our Leeds city centre shop.

Cheers,
All at Crash

http://www.crashrecords.co.uk/product/morrissey-this-is-morrissey-cd-album-black-vinyl-lp-pre-order/

Posted by an anonymous person:

The CD has a track less according to Crash, Angel is missing. Obviously that makes a load of sense as normal, but I suppose we should be grateful the CD collectors are being considered at all.

Famous when dead adds the Piccadilly Records description:

Morrissey is never one to do things the accustomed way, instead throughout his career he’s carved a niche in the musical landscape which only he can occupy. And his decision to curate a brand new compilation at very short notice ahead of his tour dates, with new liner notes and a few surprises in the tracklisting, shouldn’t come as a shock to anyone.

So here it is, This Is Morrissey. A collection of studio classics, live tracks and the alternative Mael mix of the ever-popular ‘Suedehead’, all chosen by the man himself. He explains all on this brand new interview for tremr.com, with this neat little summary of the tracks he’s chosen:
“The album is so full of life, and worthy questions, and great choruses, and quite playful.”

Housed in a standard single CD jewel case, with a four page booklet and brand new liner notes by author Fiona Dodwell, there will be two versions of the CD product, a twelve track version for the world outside of North America and a ten track version for North America, final detail of which will be confirmed on a separate note at a later point. The digital version worldwide will reflect the twelve track CD release.

There is also a thirteen track vinyl edition, with the additional track ‘Angel, Angel, Down We Go Together’, complete with identical liner notes only this time written in French, another of Morrissey’s little curio’s.​

...Looks like Piccadilly were correct.
Note: vinyl release date:

This Is Morrissey release dates - Morrissey Central

43245_43243_Vinyl_withdate.jpg

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:

Good morning Moz fans,

As you know we like to keep you posted about new releases and there is a new Morrissey compilation coming out on CD and vinyl on Friday 6th July.

It's a brand new compilation curated by the man himself ahead of his summer tour dates. The CD album is £4.99 with a 4 page booklet and liner notes by author Fiona Dodwell.

Those same liner notes are also on the LP (£18.99) only this time in French!

It's available to pre-order now and can be be posted out or collected from our Leeds city centre shop.

Cheers,
All at Crash

http://www.crashrecords.co.uk/product/morrissey-this-is-morrissey-cd-album-black-vinyl-lp-pre-order/

LINER NOTES BY A RIGHT-WING JOURNALIST.

Jesus H Christ,.

Jesus H Christ.

Who knew the Son of God was a right-winger...and a Moz fan?

Wonder if he digs "Israel"?

Jesus H Christ,.

...and what brings you to that conclusion? Evidence?

Also,do you believe now then that Boz and the lads are Nazis too?
You could tweet Boz and tell him how you feel.

Jesus H Christ,.
Not sure where you get right wing from but she is seemingly friends with Russell Brand and writes really terrible poetry, so that tells me everything I need to know.

They travel so fast,
These seconds into minutes,
Our hours into days.
Let's count them, then,
As our lives become memories
And our children become men
We never expected to look so far back
We always assumed our time was ahead of us
So let's count them, then
These moments we grow, we eat, we see
They pass like water through our fingers
We can't hold on to a single drop
And before we know it, our hands have dried.

(C) F. Dodwell 2018

Love how she has added (c) as though someone would really want to steal this.

More release info from a place I use often:

20180607_131927.jpg

20180607_132042.jpg

https://www.piccadillyrecords.com/counter/product.php?pid=123346

That won't be their own blurb below the picture - so I'm guessing that's the press release to go with it (Not sure of why their release date is saying August).
So now we have several versions: 13trk vinyl, 12trk CD & 10trk CD and a digital release (worldwide) of 12 trks. I'd guess that means problems for American vinyl collectors?
I hope this helps the little ray of sunshine that likes jumping on threads telling people records have been shelved or are not happening - do run along.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
í had to google Japanese bag. Made my day...

The CD has a track less according to Crash, Angel is missing. Obviously that makes a load of sense as normal, but I suppose we should be grateful the CD collectors are being considered at all.

What a summer tour..... 9 gigs...... lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Very decent of Moz
Hes giving Drama Js CALL THE COMET:drama:
enough time to sink without a trace:tiphat:

Fiona Dodwell writing the liner notes, eh? Truly the Paul Morley of her generation.

If I write a bootlicking blogging of Morrissey tonight, maybe he'll allow me to write his biography?

Tags
fiona dodwell this is morrissey info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom