Together or Single

What %(roughly) of your life over 17 have you spent "with someone"?

• 0-9

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • 10-29

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30-49

• 50-59

• 60-69

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • 70-89

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • 90-100

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oh my god. it's Robby!

spontaneously luminescent
image_zpsquqzk6be.jpeg

I just don't function as well on my own, what about you?

image_zpsquqzk6be.jpeg

I just don't function as well on my own, what about you?

first, man i love that show and carl reiner is genius. the writing structure is so way ahead of its time. theres also a lot of behind the scenes stuff as to why it ended so early the way it did. lol i have like almost every episode memorized even the odd pilot that was rejected and then aired in season two or something. it was also racier than many remember for 1960.

as to how i function on my own i wouldnt even know. i havent been single in the romantic sense since i turned 18. one time i had two serious relationships at the same time as neither would leave me even though i was trying hard to avoid the responsibility of having to choose. they surprised me when both just let it go and i dont mean i see one now and then and the other at another time. i was living with one and the other was over every day meaning im sitting in a room with both every day for almost five years. this was also not a sexual thing as i dont really care about that much or think about it to much but it was a tough spot. no one around me ever said anything about it also which i found really odd. they never fought against each other but neither was ever all together happy with me. that said as an example of just how much ive never been alone im kinda of envious of those whove had periods in there lives where they could just stand on there own. i think it a good measure of man or woman to have those periods at points in there lives as it seems so empowering to me from the outside. to be stable alone in the romantic sense makes it seem like youve got options and choices and you can always have good friends to fill that void of a romantic relationship. if anything im kind of envious of you because i dont even know how id do on my own and regret never find out as i married one of those women mentioned above and now. how are you doing though. is it that you dont do well on your own or are you just missing the person you were with last. reply or not i do hope you feel better as it seems like your a bit down now. glad to see you back though

I have only been in one true relationship, and I measure any future relationships by it. If I try to date someone I usually can't get past the first date because it feels like a horrible job interview. It's been only a few months since that relationship and for the time being I am taking some time on my own to work on myself as a person. I have never felt inadequate with myself, it's just most women I date feel the need to find some inadequacy that they see in me, which isn't healthy. So I scream "Hail Mary!" and jump out the window (hopefully, that window is no higher than one story). I enjoy being single, I get to put the toilet seat up or down depending on my mood. Of course I might feel loneliness, and I fill that void with friends or other means. If a nice woman comes along I would give it a go. I haven't dated much, and at my age, 22 a lot of women look at me as if there's something wrong with me or I have some anemic disease. Double standards are a wonderful thing. If a man says "I don't need a woman" they are called ugly names, but if a woman does the same thing she's Empowered, or Independent.

Reading back "anonymous", yeah, I love that show, recently been re-watching it the last month or so. I find watching more comedy helps when I'm so down.
2. Your love life sounds too complicated for me, good you seem to be ok with it.
3. I'm doing fine on weekdays, but weekends are hard, basically drinking and smoking all through Friday night, Saturday, then just recovering on Sunday, it's an old cycle for me, never has been good and just spirals ever downward.
4. No, I don't actually miss this particular her that much, we fought way too much, so when I came back from trip to the States and she had gone all "Christian cult"* on me, it was just too much. I went with her to church on Sunday a bunch of times, but eliminating anyone from my personal life that wasn't Christian? Was just nuts, one can take things too far. Scary thing is all that I was willing to do for her just to not be alone.
5. Thinking now that more than needing another person is that I need the idea of one so I care about things I should already care about like, saving $, my health, keeping the house clean, getting enough sleep, you know, shit other people just take for granted as stuff they got to do, well, I'm 42, and I've never learned that.
6. It's nice to be back, seems a bit deader than I remember, but perhaps that's cuz I skip the "trolling threads" mostly.

Hello "nobody's nothing"
1. Some unsolicited advice, don't measure future relationships by the one "true relationship" I spent a decade with one person and even though that was long ago now, it still bleeds into everything, this is mostly a bad thing I've come to believe. It can both leave one never being satisfied with someone else or even worse, settling which is what I was doing since last Decemeber.
2. "Hail Mary" I like that.
3. Brother if you think women looking at you weird when you are 22, yikes, being over 40 and single, they defo suspicious.

Thing is too, here in China there is a shortage of women believe it or not, the one child policy has created a huge gender gap in favor of men and the pressures on women to get married and have kids by 30 are immense.
Doesn't leave many over 30 women for me to date, so when I met one, boy did I go for it, big mistake.
Anyways, got students to teach, thank god, really their positive feelings are what get me through.:guitar:

Ps: yesterday, the 11th was "Singles Day" here in China, only amplifying my thinking about this crap, luckily it's over now

*=my friends back hom think its hilarious I go all the way to China and get involved with a crazy Christian girl, something I would never even consider back home:squiffy:

Reading back "anonymous", yeah, I love that show, recently been re-watching it the last month or so. I find watching more comedy helps when I'm so down.
2. Your love life sounds too complicated for me, good you seem to be ok with it.
3. I'm doing fine on weekdays, but weekends are hard, basically drinking and smoking all through Friday night, Saturday, then just recovering on Sunday, it's an old cycle for me, never has been good and just spirals ever downward.
4. No, I don't actually miss this particular her that much, we fought way too much, so when I came back from trip to the States and she had gone all "Christian cult"* on me, it was just too much. I went with her to church on Sunday a bunch of times, but eliminating anyone from my personal life that wasn't Christian? Was just nuts, one can take things too far. Scary thing is all that I was willing to do for her just to not be alone.
5. Thinking now that more than needing another person is that I need the idea of one so I care about things I should already care about like, saving $, my health, keeping the house clean, getting enough sleep, you know, shit other people just take for granted as stuff they got to do, well, I'm 42, and I've never learned that.
6. It's nice to be back, seems a bit deader than I remember, but perhaps that's cuz I skip the "trolling threads" mostly.

Hello "nobody's nothing"
1. Some unsolicited advice, don't measure future relationships by the one "true relationship" I spent a decade with one person and even though that was long ago now, it still bleeds into everything, this is mostly a bad thing I've come to believe. It can both leave one never being satisfied with someone else or even worse, settling which is what I was doing since last Decemeber.
2. "Hail Mary" I like that.
3. Brother if you think women looking at you weird when you are 22, yikes, being over 40 and single, they defo suspicious.

Thing is too, here in China there is a shortage of women believe it or not, the one child policy has created a huge gender gap in favor of men and the pressures on women to get married and have kids by 30 are immense.
Doesn't leave many over 30 women for me to date, so when I met one, boy did I go for it, big mistake.
Anyways, got students to teach, thank god, really their positive feelings are what get me through.:guitar:

Ps: yesterday, the 11th was "Singles Day" here in China, only amplifying my thinking about this crap, luckily it's over now

*=my friends back hom think its hilarious I go all the way to China and get involved with a crazy Christian girl, something I would never even consider back home:squiffy:

yeah its one of my fav shows and im watching it now, specifically how rich ends up with rosebud as his middle name. if youre rewatching it watch out for all the repeated actors they used in various roles. herman sallys sorta boyfriend is a bell hop in one episode just for example. same with the characters being on other shows like millie showing up in andy griffith. yeah my love lifes always been very complicated and ive always just felt sorta like a passive player in it for the most part which is maybe why i kinda envy your independence a bit even if your not so happy with it. as to weekends it seems like maybe you need to willfully break that cycle and replace it with something else as drinking just doesnt help you do anything other than wallow or leave you feeling as physically depressed as you might be mentally which can add to the down feelings/mental state imo. i tend to smoke mj instead as it helps me get distracted and i just mostly feel sleepy. also of course helps with comedy in general. she sounds kinda like a nut and i dont mean just being a christian but i get your point about wanting to fall hard and trying hard to do so. i remember you posting a pic of the two of you together a while while back and she seemed cute which just makes the falling and wanting more difficult i guess. to be fair to yourself didnt you say she became christian after the fact. ive been told that the chinese christians are very devout and committed and perwonalyh that just horrible to me as i would probably not consider dating a christian myself (where i live has created an awknowdleged bias in me). ive also been reading about the class or group of single men that just cant seem to get married in china and was of course reading about the preference for male children due to the one child policy and numerous other cultural issues and norms. it was interesting and i guess well see how itll change with the change in birth allowance but mostly ive been reading that its just to late as the costs of children have risen to dramatically. anyway im always here to vent to if you need it though i cant say ill be able to offer any sage advice but maybe i can at least be distracting while talking about tv or anything really. singles day just sounds flat out weird to me. do they celebrate being single or is it a holiday to try and get together and end being single. never heard of that before now. p.s. i hope you teach guitar as i play myself

You'll find Mr Right eventually, Oh my god, it's Robby! You seem like a real catch in so many ways. I would totally do you in the butt if you didn't live so far away. :(

Back
Top Bottom