Top of the Pops Friday night

ACTON

Don't Leave Us In The Dark
Top of The Pops on BBC4 Friday 7.30pm is from Nov 1983 and is the episode where The Smiths made their debut appearance. Not to be missed!
[BBC4 is a UK TV channel and is also available on SKY]

Last edited:
watch it regularly.

The Smiths second Top Of The Pops apoearance is on this Friday night 10pm BBC4 singing 'What Difference Does It Make'. Set recorder for stun.
[Originally aired Jan 1984]

Ah cheers. I do love watching these Top repeats. Kids today don't know what they're missing (alas it would probably be a half-hour of Ed Sheeran punctuated by the odd Grime track)

Top of The Pops Friday night 7.30pm BBC4 is from April 1984 and features Sandie Shaw and The Smiths singing Hand In Glove. Nice! Echo & The Bunnymen will also feature.

ay ay i am gonna watcho programmo tonighto el mucho habla habla

no no

no wall please sir i can cut grass see with my bare hands oh no don't a deport me no please.

f*** OFF

The Smiths, Top Of The Pops BBC4 Friday night 7.30pm: Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now, from 14th June 1984. BBC4 is a time machine.

Reckon me have no idea what top of pops is, but this is really sad, but I can't fell sorry for all you lots Brits, Euros, and Austrililian anti-Americans.

Reckon me have no idea what top of pops is, but this is really sad, but I can't fell sorry for all you lots Brits, Euros, and Austrililian anti-Americans.

tumblr_nhalfuLhPR1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Tenuous link to TOTP:

585362739 (1).jpg

I've never bought the folklore around wearing it for a disabled fan. My memory of that era has Johnnie Ray being mentioned by Moz in a magazine around this time. Seems more likely especially as it's matched to his aid (the NHS had moved on a little even in the 'haties').
Regards,
FWD.

I would agree.

headshot-of-singer-johnny-ray-shouting-and-wringing-his-hands-for-the-picture-id585363015

And is this a coincidence?
I Don't Owe You Anything is widely believed to be sourced from the line 'I don't owe you a thing' (from The Taste of Honey), but it would not surprise me if the title was actually inspired by Johnnie Ray's song.

rayjohnnie-youdo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom