Morrissey Central "TROUBLE LOVES ME" (April 3, 2021)

debbie ethiers cover is more than decent.

It never ceases to amaze me how you people here know nothing about the true life of California Son. Not only does California Son live in Moz Angeles, he was born there and lives in Malibu. Al and his family live in a small house in Pasadena and Andy lives in a studio apt. in North Hollywood. Holy shit. You people are so lost.
Morrissey was born in Manchester, England. There are probably legal public records out there to prove this? Morrissey still has a slight Mancunian accent and a Mancunian Northern English sense of humour.

I can't remember if Morrissey was born at home or in a hospital? His name is Steven Patrick Morrissey and he also has an extra Confirmation name when he got Confirmed into the Roman Catholic Church.

Morrissey said that he never really had a strong Mancunian accent even when he was a child because he spent a lot of time around his Irish relatives. His parents moved from the Republic of Ireland to Manchester, England.

It is a conspiracy theory that Morrissey was born in Los Angeles, California. I think what people pick up on is the Irish accent which is similar to the American accent in some ways. Obviously, different parts of America have slightly different accents. That is the same in the UK there are different regional accents.

Andy Rourke lives in New York City he doesn't live in California. He said that he doesn't like the hot weather in Southern California he doesn't like the climate there he said that it is too hot for him there because he has fair delicate skin which he needs to protect. Andy Rourke is married to his second wife Francesca Mor but sadly he doesn't have any biological children of his own. Morrissey has never married or had any children of his own.

Alain Whyte lives in California and he has a "Wikipedia" page if you want to find out more info about him. Alain Whyte seems to know Andy Rourke even though they live in different parts of the USA California and New York City. One is West Side coast the other is East Side coast.

Morrissey had vacations, holidays and breaks as a child and/or teenager in I believe California because I think he has or possibly had family out there. California is the home of Hollywood and the entertainment industry so it makes sense for him to have a nice home out in Malibu these days.

Why would Morrissey want anything to do with Alain Whyte and Andy Rourke after what they did to him? Do you know much about Elliot Marks? I believe that Elliot Marks now lives in California. Johnny Marr had or still has a holiday home in Portland.

Andy Rourke sort of has a Transatlantic accent these days, he has pretty much lost his Mancunian accent because he has lived in New York for so long.

I love the Kate Grealy version: nice atmosphere about it.

I love the Kate Grealy version: nice atmosphere about it.

Hove, you might like this book 👇

(Been working on very quick 🙄 ways of saying that IMO Morrissey's interest in culture & nostalgia is part of his opposition to neoliberal hegemony - which exploits/disadvantages the poor, vulnerable & marginalised - rather than it being reactionary or against people.

Because it fits the facts!)

20210403_133246.jpg

20210404_152345.jpg

I can't remember if Morrissey was born at home or in a hospital? His name is Steven Patrick Morrissey and he also has an extra Confirmation name when he got Confirmed into the Roman Catholic Church.

II think what people pick up on is the Irish accent which is similar to the American accent in some ways.

Why would Morrissey want anything to do with Alain Whyte and Andy Rourke after what they did to him? Do you know much about Elliot Marks? I believe that Elliot Marks now lives in California. Johnny Marr had or still has a holiday home in Portland.
Park Hospital, Davyhulme, Lancashire.

The Irish accent is similar to the American accent? WHAT crap films have you been watching? There is no comparison. And I should know.

WHAT did Alain do to Moz? Apart from write him a load of great songs and played countless brilliant concerts? I don't know why Alain left but I saw Moz crying on stage for his final ever Moz gig in Dublin Castle in June 2004. http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/live/moz-g040605.htm

Park Hospital, Davyhulme, Lancashire.

The Irish accent is similar to the American accent? WHAT crap films have you been watching? There is no comparison. And I should know.

WHAT did Alain do to Moz? Apart from write him a load of great songs and played countless brilliant concerts? I don't know why Alain left but I saw Moz crying on stage for his final ever Moz gig in Dublin Castle in June 2004. http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/live/moz-g040605.htm
I read it as Alain was the one crying. Can someone confirm that this was the case?

I read it as Alain was the one crying. Can someone confirm that this was the case?
It reads like Alain was the one crying, and later Moz 'feigned crying' at one point as part of his stage banter? Unusual for Alain to apologise for his playing and not being well, sad.

It reads like Alain was the one crying, and later Moz 'feigned crying' at one point as part of his stage banter? Unusual for Alain to apologise for his playing and not being well, sad.
Yes, very sad. I wonder what really happened between those two.

What exactly did Alain do to Morrissey? I remember reading claims that Alain wanted more pay and his name on the cover of Morrissey records but neither of these seem too egregious, and the latter seems slightly outlandish.

What exactly did Alain do to Morrissey? I remember reading claims that Alain wanted more pay and his name on the cover of Morrissey records but neither of these seem too egregious, and the latter seems slightly outlandish.
I don't know what went on between Morrissey and Alain Whyte? I'm guessing that Alain Whyte did something which upset Morrissey a great deal.

I was two rows back standing and Alain sounded upset but I don't remember him crying. Of course I watch Moz for 90% of the time at a Moz concert so maybe I missed seeing Alain very upset. I know for a fact that Moz cried exactly after the line "haven't you me, here with you now" on America Is Not The World. It was quick but looked genuine. Moz's face had an expression like 'how did we get to this?'. Of course at the time I had no idea it would be Alain's last concert. If I had known I would have been more alert to their interactions on stage.

It says Alain was crying coming onto the stage. I don't remember seeing that but maybe he was overwhelmed with the knowledge that this was his last Moz concert.
The cause? Who knows. But there are plenty of examples in the past where people were not happy with money. Maybe it was as simple as that. Just a guess though.

I was two rows back standing and Alain sounded upset but I don't remember him crying. Of course I watch Moz for 90% of the time at a Moz concert so maybe I missed seeing Alain very upset. I know for a fact that Moz cried exactly after the line "haven't you me, here with you now" on America Is Not The World. It was quick but looked genuine. Moz's face had an expression like 'how did we get to this?'. Of course at the time I had no idea it would be Alain's last concert. If I had known I would have been more alert to their interactions on stage.
Alain Whyte must have hurt and upset Morrissey a great deal for him to be crying on stage. Poor Morrissey my heart goes out to him so many have let him down over the years. 😢

I don't know what went on between Morrissey and Alain Whyte? I'm guessing that Alain Whyte did something which upset Morrissey a great deal.

Insulted Marianne Faithful, Nancy Sinatra & The New York Dolls by the looks of it.

20210404_222157.jpg

20210404_221952.jpg

It was probably just stress though - after years of minimal attention they were properly famous again & the schedule, scrutiny & logistics of that is a shock to the system. It can cause daft arguments.

Thanks, Acton! Appreciate the info.

Insulted Marianne Faithful, Nancy Sinatra & The New York Dolls by the looks of it.

View attachment 70514
View attachment 70515

It was probably just stress though - after years of minimal attention they were properly famous again & the schedule, scrutiny & logistics of that is a shock to the system. It can cause daft arguments.
That last bit about the Dolls is amazing. Top level absurdity.

It intrigues me that they continued writing and recording together for a few more years after this.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom