TTY: The Queen Is Dead

An anonymous person sends the link:

The Queen Is Dead - true-to-you.net

160513_01_01.jpg

Morrissey has commented:

"I would like to congratulate the Smiths, and also Stephen Street, and also Rough Trade Records for 30 fantastic years of sales for The Queen Is Dead,which is 30 years old in June. We have always been gagged, of course, but certain recordings rise with time, and The Queen Is Dead and also Meat Is Murder both had the courage to put the fullest meaning of British life into words and music. It was the hope of helping things to evolve, and the mobilized strength of both recordings for 30 years has been fully understood and appreciated by those with sensible passions. Central issues in 2016 England include an urgent need of social justice for animals

160513_01_02.jpg

as well as an obvious recognition of 'monarchy as anarchy' (therefore, something with no place in a democratic society).
160513_01_03.jpg

I am sorry that Warner UK or Sire US cannot provide any celebrations for the anniversaries of both recordings, but, perhaps some label bosses have their eye on a tatty OBE, and perhaps others simply have detachable heads. It would not quite be the Smiths if not classically ignored by the dried-out lawns of the establishment. I urged Warner UK to issue a special 'The Queen Is Dead' single release for the first week of June ... but ... brick wall.

Bleeding to death, I therefore have the restless gall to ask of you that, should you have 99 cents/pence, that you purchase 'The Queen Is Dead' track in the final week of May, thus possibly edging it into the corner of everyone's ear in the UK Top 100 - if only to let them know that we are still here and fully aware of the fox-fur on the hall-stand. I am sorry to ask more of you than you have already given, but we all do as well as we can in such ludicrous times. I can only ask.

160513_01_04.jpg

I am absolutely yours, in pleasant speaking voice, and with good grace."

MORRISSEY
5 May 2016
Los Angeles.

Last edited:
Psssst !
Up here ! I told you it was all about the money with Steven, but even I never thought he'd pull a scrounging stunt like this. Johnny, Mike and Andy are really pissed over this latest outburst.
If your reading this Steven for f***s sake write some decent f***ing songs with a decent f***ing band just for a change, oh and by the way you still owe Vinny £2.50p for that cheese and pickle sandwich at the Crusty Cob Bakery (Bath) when you so called " left your wallet in the studio !"
Oh by the way I was having a drink with David⚡️ last week and he passes on his absolute worst to you. ( between me and you he called you the 'C' word ).

Thank you, you're entitled to my opinion.

The ghost of Anthony H Wilson @ the Heavenienda

This is a very curious post. I wonder who you are?

Very interesting.

Very interesting.

Amazes me how much anger there is towards Morrissey, unwarranted. He must find it a bit funny by now? People know the unwritten rules with him by now, or at least half of them.

*cough*enough-already-reunite-The-Smiths-please*cough*

I dont really think He is doing this for the money. He wont make a killing on 1 single download divided 4+ ways.

The animals and the Monarchy have always been his passion projects (For or against) and he is simply inciting change by asking his ready masses to act. He came up with a plan. Last two weeks of May etc. good for him. (Look at him all talking to his audience and asking for help...maybe he will interact more?)

I think every celebrity generally supports a case or two and asks for help for that cause from their fan base.

I also think Moz sounds different now. I mean, it really is out of left field for him to be so appreciative and inclusive and team member like. But things change. People can change.

I don't know if it is something that happens to everyone as they get older, but I know my dad, after he turned 70 started seeing things completely different. He would make statements totally different from how he had preciously felt. When asked about the change, he said that once you hit a certain age or place in life, on the down swing, your values change and your understanding changes and different opinions can form.

This sounds similar.

But whatever, good for him. Maybe he is happy. Maybe he knows the difference will show. Maybe he is trying to change.

And I don't think asking everyone to pay $1 for a song is crazy. I think its a good idea, and why not?

When Bowie dies, his streams and sales made him #1 for the first time on some charts somewhere. I think that may have inspired the idea, but I dont think this will go anywhere near #1 on any chart. The legions are nowhere near the same size.

Oh well, I'll buy it. Why not? As much money as I have willingly given up for him, another $1 wont make the dent much bigger. If only Moz could be considered a dependent tax write off?

Think of it as a B-Day present.

Indeed. The driving force. I've said exactly the same on countless occasion, specifically referencing the situation Morrissey finds himself in.

Do you have any proof that he now gets paid when someone buys a Smiths record in the UK? The fact that you see money as the driving force here says more about you than it does about the facts of the situation.
Most bands don't make very much from digital downloads, and bands who signed contracts back in the analog days of physical media often do far worse. Morrissey has said not to buy Smiths records because he doesn't get paid. Do you think he made that up?
Anyway, you're coming across as bitter and willfully ignorant of the facts. And your statement about the true meaning of the song is confusing. I thought it was predicting the death of Diana. Maybe you should make a website about it, and put up cosmetics ads with secret codes in them.
The "hidden" lyrics at the end of the song do suggest an alternative reading, but it's more likely that there are layers of meaning than that there is one true hidden meaning put in at the end, with all the rest intended to be some sort of decoy. I didn't know you were a conspiracy theorist, but this is a good example of what drives all of them, which is the need to believe something and to be able to claim access to this special knowledge.
Between this and calling people "c***" on here with regularity, I honestly think you should see a doctor.

Do you have any proof that he now gets paid when someone buys a Smiths record in the UK? The fact that you see money as the driving force here says more about you than it does about the facts of the situation.
Most bands don't make very much from digital downloads, and bands who signed contracts back in the analog days of physical media often do far worse. Morrissey has said not to buy Smiths records because he doesn't get paid. Do you think he made that up?
Anyway, you're coming across as bitter and willfully ignorant of the facts. And your statement about the true meaning of the song is confusing. I thought it was predicting the death of Diana. Maybe you should make a website about it, and put up cosmetics ads with secret codes in them.
The "hidden" lyrics at the end of the song do suggest an alternative reading, but it's more likely that there are layers of meaning than that there is one true hidden meaning put in at the end, with all the rest intended to be some sort of decoy. I didn't know you were a conspiracy theorist, but this is a good example of what drives all of them, which is the need to believe something and to be able to claim access to this special knowledge.
Between this and calling people "c***" on here with regularity, I honestly think you should see a doctor.

Especially after endorsing a candidate and starting a post about signs that say it takes strength to be gentle and kind. No strength of will perhaps or just generating self attention. I don't know and I've asked many times, if they sold the rights do they make do he marr and Joyce make any money at all. No one seems t answer but they many point to a financial motive for everything again maybe to just generate attention (especially on a website that has its own promoted content)

Pokey, I don't how you do it, replying to this twat.

You are right though, it's absolutely not worth it. But see, I'd block him if I could but that means blocking all anonymous users, and some post some good stuff. What annoys me most is that those who run this site refuse to turn off anonymous posting for this very reason. It allows people to block individually and thus, people like Benny, who push the message the site wishes to push (without them themselves having to say a thing) would suddenly go unheard. Morrissey-solo would rather attack dogs like him be seen.

- - - Updated - - -

Very interesting.

It's not a curious post, its just someone making up shit to sound like someone "in the know".

One correction to TTY post: replace " in pleasant speaking voice" with "in sexy soultry speaking voice". His voice is very very sexy.

Is it even possible to purchase this in a way that will impact the UK sales if I live in the US?

I'm sure they'd be thrilled to release a 30th anniversary edition of TQID if Morrissey allowed them to use unreleased material, but a re-release with nothing but a new title (3oth Anniversary Edition) isn't exactly going to fly off the shelves...

Also, "monarchy as anarchy"? How is that even possible? For somebody who went through Punk Rock, Morrissey clearly doesn't know very much about anarchy...

Like the song he might be talking about the current state of affairs rather than a desire for anachry and chaos. How do you know he even makes the despising to allow them to use unreleased material

I'll buy the track. Hell, why not. My caffeine addiction has caused me to spend far more on far less.
Unrelatedly, I do love the valediction of the note from M.

I feel you on the caffeine addiction. I think I spend like a Little over thirty five hundred a year at Starbucks

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom