"USA Chart Position" (#7 Billboard Albums, #3 Vinyl Albums) - Morrissey Central; #95 Billboard 200

UPDATE June 4:

Actual charts are out now:
https://www.billboard.com/charts

Posted by BookishBoy:

Billboard 200 albums: number 95
Billboard album sales: number 7
Billboard vinyl albums: number 3
Billboard independent albums: number 4
Billboard tastemaker albums: number 3
Billboard digital albums: number 9
Billboard artist 100: number 58

The comparison quoted on Morrissey Central does not appear completely accurate. Link posted by Thewlis:
https://www.billboard.com/music/morrissey/chart-history/billboard-200

Data seems to be shared between the two charts in history, up to Dec. 13, 2014 - Wikipedia):
https://www.billboard.com/music/morrissey/chart-history/top-album-sales

Also, link posted by Morrissey_Sucks:

BUILDING ALBUM SALES CHART - Hits Daily Double
UPDATED DAILY TUESDAY-FRIDAY
Chart Date: 05/31/2019 (WEEK ENDING: 05/30/2019)

#14 MORRISSEY - CALIFORNIA SON - BMG 5,172

USA Chart Position. - Morrissey Central
June 3, 2019

"Morrissey's California Son album has charted at number 7 in the USA Official Billboard Chart.
The vinyl version of the album is number 3 on the LP chart.

This is Morrissey's most successful U.S. chart position to date, following :

Low In High School (10)
Years of Refusal (11)
You Are The Quarry (11)
World Peace Is None of Your Business (14)
Vauxhall and I (18)
Your Arsenal (21)
and so on."

full

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why cos’ he’s #7 in the US charts? I don’t really know why i, or anyone would be mad, happy or otherwise, about that. I don’t see it at as anything to be proud about, nor disappointed about.

It is his higher US chart position EVER!
Great Morrissey, GREAT!
We are so PROUD!

Why cos’ he’s #7 in the US charts? I don’t really know why i, or anyone would be mad, happy or otherwise, about that. I don’t see it at as anything to be proud about, nor disappointed about.

"This is Morrissey's most successful U.S. chart position to date."

Yeah, nothing to be proud about. Eat crow you traitorous swine.

Congrats to Moz for sure... any ideas why CS placed so much higher? Sure, high profile Broadway shows and a well-timed Jimmy Fallon appearance no doubt helped. Beyond that, the promotion seemed somewhat minimal. Just curious.

I think the broadway shows helped the most. The shows themselves and all the good coverage that was everywhere some in spots that don’t usually cover music. It’s also the only Morrissey covers album. For fans that’s kinda neat. I’m not so sure about the Fallon appearance. He’s the only talk show with even a modest audience with people in their thirties but I don’t know one person who watches late shows and I’m 39. It could have just been that people were looking for a bit of fun escapism. Most Morrissey fans I know are aware tuned in people for the most part and I think here in the us we’re just hysteria fatigued and this album was a fun escape for a Morrissey fan

"This is Morrissey's most successful U.S. chart position to date."

Yeah, nothing to be proud about. Eat crow you traitorous swine.

Why you getting so mad at me? Lol lol. All I’ve said on this thread is, “are we getting a new 7” single”. I really couldn’t give two f***s about a US chart position. I judge the material. And the album is average, at best. He hasn’t made a good record for 10 years! Hasnt made a great one for even longer.

Why you getting so mad at me? Lol lol. All I’ve said on this thread is, “are we getting a new 7” single”. I really couldn’t give two f***s about a US chart position. I judge the material. And the album is average, at best. He hasn’t made a good record for 10 years! Hasnt made a great one for even longer.
Ain't mad at all. I'm celebrating Morrissey's success when all the cards were stacked against him while simultaneously winding you up. I got goosebumps, son.

Ain't mad at all. I'm celebrating Morrissey's success when all the cards were stacked against him while simultaneously winding you up. I got goosebumps, son.

You couldn’t wind a f***ing clock. This news means nothing to me, it’s not gonna suddenly change my mind on how I view the album.

This is not an overall #7 placing in the USA. There is an 'album chart' separate to the main Billboard 200 and that is what this post is referring to.

The 'album chart' counts only pure, full album sales of an album but doesn't consider streaming and other forms of consuming a release.

To put it in perspective, Carly Rae Jepsen's latest album entered the pure sales 'album chart' at number 6 last week but scored a placing on the official Billboard 200 of 18. So her album debuted at number 18 in the USA.

The official top ten for this week has not been published but has been reported in this article. It doesn't list Morrissey in the top ten:
https://www.billboard.com/articles/...ilish-returns-no-1-billboard-200-albums-chart

Unless there has been a mistake in the reporting, it is certain California Son is placing higher than 10 with a possibility for a top 20 spot based on previous week data.

It seems Morrissey Central has confused (either erroneously or purposively) the 'album chart' with the overall 'Billboard 200' chart. They have the chart placements of his previous albums listed correctly in relation to the overall 'Billboard 200', but it doesn't appear to say anywhere online that his latest release is headed for a top 10 spot. THis means they are probably incorrect when they write it is his highest US chart placement ever.

how cute:hearteyecat:
how soviet surface starts a sentence
and his BF ordinaryboitoi finishes it:smilecat:

how romanti, how 2019:smile:

they make such a cute couple.
if one gets huffy so does the other.:hearteyes:

DramaJ and his Commie cuck politics has never seen the inside of a USA chart. The poor penniless twat.:kissingclosed:

So, you are stalking someone who did nothing good for 20 years.
Wow, this is so mad, so unintelligent.

Congrats to Moz for sure... any ideas why CS placed so much higher? Sure, high profile Broadway shows and a well-timed Jimmy Fallon appearance no doubt helped. Beyond that, the promotion seemed somewhat minimal. Just curious.

It was the toxic ugliness of the For Bigots badge that dragged him down in the UK. Unlike any other country in the world, this story made many of our main media outlets, and his reputation (already badly damaged) has almost become fatally destroyed. A massive hemorrhaging (50%- 60%) of the fan base. Otherwise, he would have easily reached number 2, and could have got number 1 a couple of weeks ago (11,000 Week 1 sales needed - High School did 25,000).

This is not an overall #7 placing in the USA. There is an 'album chart' separate to the main Billboard 200 and that is what this post is referring to.

The 'album chart' counts only pure, full album sales of an album but doesn't consider streaming and other forms of consuming a release.

To put it in perspective, Carly Rae Jepsen's latest album entered the pure sales 'album chart' at number 6 last week but scored a placing on the official Billboard 200 of 18. So her album debuted at number 18 in the USA.

The official top ten for this week has not been published but has been reported in this article. It doesn't list Morrissey in the top ten:
https://www.billboard.com/articles/...ilish-returns-no-1-billboard-200-albums-chart

Unless there has been a mistake in the reporting, it is certain California Son is placing higher than 10 with a possibility for a top 20 spot based on previous week data.

It seems Morrissey Central has confused (either erroneously or purposively) the 'album chart' with the overall 'Billboard 200' chart. They have the chart placements of his previous albums listed correctly in relation to the overall 'Billboard 200', but it doesn't appear to say anywhere online that his latest release is headed for a top 10 spot. THis means they are probably incorrect when they write it is his highest US chart placement ever.

Surely he wouldn't be devious, truculent and unreliable with this news?

LOL:crazy:
put a BAG OF PIZZA POPS in your FAT MOUTH:lbf:

You couldn’t wind a f***ing clock. This news means nothing to me, it’s not gonna suddenly change my mind on how I view the album.
Your five replies in quick succession suggest otherwise. I'm currently doing the Ric Flair strutt around my living room, pausing temporarily to beat my chest like a gorilla that's about to get his dick wet.

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom