"Vauxhall & I" exclusive blue vinyl included in HMV’s Vinyl Week (in stores Aug. 15, 2020)

In store from 15th August, pressed onto blue vinyl and limited to 1,000 copies.

full

Whatever you might make of his politics or his increasingly grumpy interventions into public life, there's no denying that during his time as frontman of The Smiths Morrissey was considered – quite rightly – to be one of the greatest lyricists of his generation. His post-Smiths work has been something of a mixed bag, but in a solo career that has so far produced 13 studio albums he has, every once in a while, turned in an album that reminds his fans why they keep the faith.

Of his first four solo albums, Vauxhall and I is one of his very best and includes one of his finest solo tracks in 'The More You Ignore Me, the Closer I Get'. The album joins our list of Vinyl Week exclusives this year with a new reissue pressed onto blue vinyl and limited to 1000 copies.

Last edited by a moderator:

HMV blurb:
"Whatever you might make of his politics or his increasingly grumpy interventions into public life, there's no denying that during his time as frontman of The Smiths Morrissey was considered – quite rightly – to be one of the greatest lyricists of his generation. His post-Smiths work has been something of a mixed bag, but in a solo career that has so far produced 13 studio albums he has, every once in a while, turned in an album that reminds his fans why they keep the faith.

Of his first four solo albums, Vauxhall and I is one of his very best and includes one of his finest solo tracks in 'The More You Ignore Me, the Closer I Get'. The album joins our list of Vinyl Week exclusives this year with a new reissue pressed onto blue vinyl and limited to 1000 copies."

Regards,
FWD.

Lovely blue.

I'll get it.** Even though my record player broke & I only have one of those awful suitcase one-on-one horrors that you can only play singles or very old thick vinyl on.

**try to
The gold vinyl edition (HMV exclusive/500 copies only) from 2015 IIRC is more in keeping with the original album art IMHO.
They must have some form of deal going on (this album is not on the BMG list of prospective reissues).
I'd suspect this will be on Parlophone again.
Regards,
FWD.

The gold vinyl edition (HMV exclusive/500 copies only) from 2015 IIRC is more in keeping with the album art.
They must have some form of deal going on (this album is not on the BMG list of prospective reissues).
I'd suspect this will be on Parlophone again.
Regards,
FWD.

Thanks!

Lovely blue.

I'll get it.** Even though my record player broke & I only have one of those awful suitcase one-on-one horrors that you can only play singles or very old thick vinyl on.

**try to

Gelignite Blue :flushed:

Nice of HMV with the blurb ~ yeah guys we know he's a fascist but we'll let you buy this over-priced poorly mastered vinyl anyway.
Do they offer such caveats with all the shelves and shelves piled high of misogyny & homophobia that they sell weekly?

So really just for vinyl collectors then?

Who makes the most £££s out of these re-issues, the record co (HMV), or Morrissey?

So really just for vinyl collectors then?
Pretty much.
Bill Inglot's version (much like his other Moz/Smiths reworkings) was reasonably well received at the time (the CD version with Royal Drury Lane is probably worth having if the vinyl is unobtainable). The gold ones sold very quickly. These will do the same, but there's nothing on it not already out there - so not essential.
Regards,
FWD.

(@joe frady might like to comment on Bill's work as he's summed it up well in the past).

Same shade of blue as the It's Over single?

Also, that is the most ridiculous blurb I've ever read.

Excuse the unscientific jpg, but yes almost (give or take lighting etc).
View attachment 58231
Regards,
FWD.
I've noticed that this is a very popular colour for vinyl these days. Not my favourite (and I'm no fan of the redesigned sleeve either) but if I can get my hands on a copy I might as well buy one if only to compare with the previous editions.

I've noticed that this is a very popular colour for vinyl these days. Not my favourite (and I'm no fan of the redesigned sleeve either) but if I can get my hands on a copy I might as well buy one if only to compare with the previous editions.
In this case, is it perhaps a knowing reference to his eye colour in the artwork? When I saw the original billboard posters, it struck me they seemed an unnatural, sapphire, blue. I was sure there had been a creative intervention.

Yes blue vinyl seems popular, my new sparks album, one is blue the other purple... so much better than the old black things....

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom