"Vauxhall & I" exclusive blue vinyl included in HMV’s Vinyl Week (in stores Aug. 15, 2020)

In store from 15th August, pressed onto blue vinyl and limited to 1,000 copies.

full

Whatever you might make of his politics or his increasingly grumpy interventions into public life, there's no denying that during his time as frontman of The Smiths Morrissey was considered – quite rightly – to be one of the greatest lyricists of his generation. His post-Smiths work has been something of a mixed bag, but in a solo career that has so far produced 13 studio albums he has, every once in a while, turned in an album that reminds his fans why they keep the faith.

Of his first four solo albums, Vauxhall and I is one of his very best and includes one of his finest solo tracks in 'The More You Ignore Me, the Closer I Get'. The album joins our list of Vinyl Week exclusives this year with a new reissue pressed onto blue vinyl and limited to 1000 copies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do all stores get the same or are selected stores give more than others?

Worth buying a few dozen, just to flip on Ebay. :thumb:
I hope you are joking. That is just one step above those tout scumbags who buy the max allowed tickets for concerts just to resell outside the venue. Lowlifes.
I was queuing outside the Olympia Dublin for the first night of the Ringleader mini residency when this tout oozes over to me to sell me a ticket for the next night, at a crazy price. "I'll give you face value, and not one cent more", I said. To which he slithered off. I'd rather never see a concert again than pay some purse snatcher over the odds.

Dont feel the need to own this, I like coloured vinyl but prefer it if the colour of the record matches or at least kind of works with the cover art (that probably sounds really lame) also the reissue from a few years ago sounds great to me.

Hope that everyone who bought it is happy with their copy though and I hope this is a sign that there are more reissues to come.

One thing I like is how most Morrissey albums are on one record/disc (do people call a record a disc?) so many bands seem to put out average length 40-45 minute albums and spread them over two records now with 3 maybe even 2 tracks per side, it seems a bit unnecessary?

"We open at 9, queuing starts at 7am" - security manager HMV B'ham.
I don't know if that's cheery optimism or a reason for me to get up at daft o'clock...
One of most Moz vinyl albums in stock there - including the original remaster sealed & mint (?).
Regards,
FWD.

One thing I like is how most Morrissey albums are on one record/disc (do people call a record a disc?) so many bands seem to put out average length 40-45 minute albums and spread them over two records now with 3 maybe even 2 tracks per side, it seems a bit unnecessary?
Fewer tracks per side is preferred because it makes for better quality audio reproduction. I personally hate getting up halfway through an album so I long ago gave up with vinyl. Imagine having to get up every three songs. Ugh.

"We open at 9, queuing starts at 7am" - security manager HMV B'ham.
I don't know if that's cheery optimism or a reason for me to get up at daft o'clock...
One of most Moz vinyl albums in stock there - including the original remaster sealed & mint (?).
Regards,
FWD.
I guess you can start queuing whenever you want ….- 7pm the evening before is the safer bet :rock::rock::rock:

I guess you can start queuing whenever you want ….- 7pm the evening before is the safer bet :rock::rock::rock:
Except that if you start queuing up at 7pm on a Friday evening at my local HMV, you are unlikely to survive the night.

Except that if you start queuing up at 7pm on a Friday evening at my local HMV, you are unlikely to survive the night.
Bloody Rotherham

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom