Vicar In A Tutu - Instrumental Demo

A very kind person has sent me this and suggested I should share it with the Solo community.
I am more than happy to oblige, so here it is...

https://www.sendspace.com/file/v5c0p8

Be warned, this sounds very different to the final version included on TQID, so much so that I doubted it was the same song until somebody 'helped me'. ;)

4 minutes and 40 seconds of mad rockabilly/psychobilly brilliance.

Enjoy!

PS: Only Never Had No One Ever (take 1 / instrumental) to surface now. Anyone? :D

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
You're a good man. There's a few left.

There's a major where a minor should be, otherwise, it all fits.

Love from the Pennines.

Wow. Is this genuine? Sounds like The Fall meets The Smiths.

Brilliant - thank you.
FWD.

Merci!

Not sure it is close enough the final version to bear the same title. But brilliant to have a full set of TQID outtakes now.

Wow full on psychobilly. Agree its cross between the Fall than the Smiths.

Wow!

Thank you Irregular Regular and "a very kind person" for this. Absolutely stunning! The musicianship and imagination in The Smiths really did set them apart at that point in time. Imagine being in the same room when Johnny Marr first came up with this and then when Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce added their parts to it.....astonishing. I love hearing "the background to the process" in these demos and alternate versions. Like hearing the trumpet versions of 'Frankly Mr Shankly' and 'Never Had No One Ever'. OK, they didn't necessarily work but isn't it great that they thought about it and tried it out? They weren't just a band!

I totally get The Fall meets The Smiths crossover as well....'Container Drivers' springs to mind.

This is fantastic but also confirms what a musical and lyrical genius Morrissey is. Incredible he turned a brilliant piece of instrumental music into a fantastic song. Morrissey should take Johnny to court and claim 66% royalties on all Morrissey/Marr compositions.

Maybe in 10 years time we'll get the 'Extra Super-Duper' Deluxe version of 'The Queen is Dead', with all of the outtakes on it?

Thank you all for the nice words. :)

There is a reason why many of us are still here 30 years after the demise of the band, hanging on to every word/rumour/snippet/release, and STILL hoping.
The reason is that The Smiths are the most wonderful band in the history of music, unparalleled before or since.

These songs/outtakes/demos deserve to be heard by all of us.

I'm the only one who wants a remaster of every album like TQID? I mean, the original record remastered and cd extras with things like demos and concerts.
PS: I'm disappointed because they did not take into account to Ann Coates and The Hated Salford Ensemble in the credits of the remaster :(

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom