Was Morrissey in love with Johnny Marr?

A_Desirée

i have heard several times The Morrissey was in love with Marr theory, but I’m not sure if it’s true or not. Allegedly the song I won’t share you is about Marr and Girlfriend in a coma about Marr’s girlfriend

i have heard several times The Morrissey was in love with Marr theory, but I’m not sure if it’s true or not. Allegedly the song I won’t share you is about Marr and Girlfriend in a coma about Marr’s girlfriend
hqdefault.jpg

Hand in Glove, There is a Light, I Keep Mine Hidden, I Know It's Over, I Want the One I Can't Have... (In my opinion). And probably others I'm too lazy to dig out right now. Morrissey even admitted that Angel, Angel, Down We Go was written about Marr. I would say it's fairly unusual to refer to someone who was just an ex-bandmate as 'Angel'.

nah don't think so,angie was on the scene so Morrissey would have known he could never have had him anyway,somebody makes these quotes twenty odd years ago and it grows arms and legs and never really goes away.only M could answer this question.

Blood blikey hell m8 inn n n n n n n it. Bull ox! You people are creepy. Are all of you locked up in mental institutions or do you just have so much time on your hands, your minds are just mush.

Yes. Every one of Morrissey's lovelorn songs is about his homosexual longing for the straight and very charming Johnny Marr.

From the horse's mouth-

GQ: “Were you in love with Johnny Marr?”

M: “Sexually? Absolutely not. There was a love and it was mutual and equal but it wasn’t physical or sexual. There are lots of people post-Smiths who would like to make some dramatic homosexual story. There never was one. It’s often said that Johnny rescued me but he was also bobbing about in his own lifeboat.”

From the horse's mouth-

GQ: “Were you in love with Johnny Marr?”

M: “Sexually? Absolutely not. There was a love and it was mutual and equal but it wasn’t physical or sexual. There are lots of people post-Smiths who would like to make some dramatic homosexual story. There never was one. It’s often said that Johnny rescued me but he was also bobbing about in his own lifeboat.”
Yes, but the horse lies. He has admitted as much, from his own horsey mouth.

Yes, but the horse lies. He has admitted as much, from his own horsey mouth.

Agreed, Morrissey would never admit his unrequited love for Johnny now in a million years. Even though it is intrinsically wrapped up in the story of the Smiths and helped to create some of the best lyrics ever written, this "secret" will go to his grave.

The question is not "Was Morrissey in love with Johnny Marr"
The question is who isn't?

hqdefault.jpg

Hand in Glove, There is a Light, I Keep Mine Hidden, I Know It's Over, I Want the One I Can't Have... (In my opinion). And probably others I'm too lazy to dig out right now. Morrissey even admitted that Angel, Angel, Down We Go was written about Marr. I would say it's fairly unusual to refer to someone who was just an ex-bandmate as 'Angel'.

Source for the admitting that angel is about Marr?

Agreed, Morrissey would never admit his unrequited love for Johnny now in a million years. Even though it is intrinsically wrapped up in the story of the Smiths and helped to create some of the best lyrics ever written, this "secret" will go to his grave.

Have you seen that photo of DramaJ, pre:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:?
I thought the haters claim Moz didnt like girls?:haircut:
:crazy:

Tags
marr morriseey the smiths
Back
Top Bottom