What are you bringing to your Moz shows?

in_a_loveless_world

Gentle Misfit
For those who are going to any Moz shows, Im just curious if anyone is bringing any gifts or things to give Moz? :p

I am bringing him some Yoshinoya to one of the L.A. Shows, as he's a huge fan of the YO.

I would love to bring him a little gift, too. I have a necklace with a little brass spindle adapter charm I would love to give him. It's not an expensive gift, but it might make a great conversation piece at Nancy's next dinner party.

So, what's the official Morrissey protocol for gifts, people? Should it be wrapped, unwrapped? Throw it onstage or hand it to him? Does he just take notes? Should I involve Julia Reily somehow?

I thought for some reason about that, and not long ago i saw a Sinatra book, fill with wonderful stuff and i thought i buy it and try to give it to him.

I thought for some reason about that, and not long ago i saw a Sinatra book, fill with wonderful stuff and i thought i buy it and try to give it to him.

I had the same thought about an Elvis book. I got this particular book for my Elvis loving mother for Christmas. When I saw it in the store my first thought was oooh Morrissey would love that! And then the next thought was "oh yeah and so would my mom." :p The only problem is it's huge. It's a coffee table book of photographs and it weighs like 6 pounds. I don't think bringing it to a show and expecting to get it up on the stage is a good idea. Do people ever mail stuff ahead to the venue?

i would love to bring him something! but i have no idea what. i really, really don't know. and since it seems all shows are going to require searches...i REALLY don't know what i could bring. :(

here's a list of things for people to bring to throw at Moz if they are too lazy to donate them to the Goodwill:

orphaned gym sock
That Gin Blossoms CD that you bought that one time and haven't listened to in 12 years.
out of date travel guides. especially if all currency amounts pre-date the Euro.
Old tapes of Smith's albums that you've now bought on CD.
CD-Roms of Windows 95.
"Diana: her true story"

damn. i'm now thinking i should have saved that old shirt from Lowell '97 so i could have tossed it at him next month.

are you all crazy? :eek:

Quite possibly. ;)

But evidently there are lots of us who are. Or at least there were many years ago in Japan:

"The fact that they wouldn't just send you a fan letter they would give you presents and they felt that because Morrissey was putting on a concert for them they had to give a present in return. So there was so much stuff it was ridiculous. There were literally three or four thousand packages left backstage. It was incredible." - Interview with Kevin Cummins from this thread.

Back
Top Bottom