What does Morrissey mean when he says "die"?

Reckon The California Son means when the Calabasas Costco didn't order the dozen pack of blueberry muffins like he ordered them to mate inn n nnnn nnn n nnnn nn it.

He means he's passed on! This Moz is no more! He has ceased to be! He's expired and gone to meet his maker! He's a stiff! Bereft of life, he rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed him to the stage, he'd be pushing up the daisies! His metabolic processes are now history! He's off the twig! He's kicked the bucket, he's shuffled off his mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-MOZ!

as he said himself,hes no longer able to come to the phone.

"Ask me why and I'll die"?

I apologize if I sound stupid, this question has been on my mind for a while now.

Like die? Literally die?

I assumed he meant "die of embarrassment or disappointment". Kind of outdated slang but in the 50's or so, people used to say stuff like "If Bobby asked Susie to the prom instead of me, I would just die!" Or "I can't let Bobby see me without my makeup and my hair in rollers! Oh, I would just die!"

I assumed he meant "die of embarrassment or disappointment". Kind of outdated slang but in the 50's or so, people used to say stuff like "If Bobby asked Susie to the prom instead of me, I would just die!" Or "I can't let Bobby see me without my makeup and my hair in rollers! Oh, I would just die!"
I’ve heard that expression here in Texas my whole life, and I always thought that was how Moz meant it.

Tags
morrissey question the smiths
Back
Top Bottom