What song are you listening to right now?

29b83aec-5b2d-43b8-b10a-fff845ae8df4-gettyimages-93744625.jpg
beautiful flamingo.

Thanks, I didn't know it was The Nerves...altho I think Blondies version is better.
I agree. Funnily enough I was only reading about this yesterday, I didn't know it was a cover either. It was a result of the 'makeover' Blondie had from producer Mike Chapman (Sweet, Mud, Suzie Quattro etc), who sharpened and polished their sound, and turned them from ramshackle punks to pop superstars. I think it's also interesting that Debbie singing those lyrics gave it a darker, more threatening vibe.

That made me think of Parallel Lines...god knows how many times I'd played that album...love this track:

Digging through some lockdown albums...found this (A Maximum High - 1996) by the almighty SHED SEVEN:

Where have you been tonight, & On Standby...songs that have saved lives. Enjoy.

Shed Seven: Halfway Home - from the album Let It Ride - coincidentally produced by Stephen Street....yes, THAT Stephen Street.

Title track with an unmistakeable Stones' influence:

If you don't listen to any of the above, please do yourself a huge favour and listen to this, right to the end & the guitar pick-up echo. What a f***ing track!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tags
bon jovi emorama fatguyinalittlecoat rulz gr8 tags i have good taste i have terrible taste nugz luvs dmb nugz luvs phish post-count increaser r kellz lyk wut robby=follower she who has good taste this thread is toxic who nose yannisbad ydw an ipod
Back
Top Bottom